8 months post HT with Transmed, opinions please?

Hi to all

sorry I have been away for awhile.

Today I would like to share my results after 8 months post my HT with Transmed. Pls have a look at my previous post regarding my surgery and experience with Transmed.

For me, I can see a big improvement in my look after the HT. I was told by Transmed that I had about 3200 hair follicles implanted. I think now the final result is shown, as I have been monitoring my hair grow closely since my HT. It kind of stabilized in the last two months. Although I am happy with the results, but I was expecting much more density on the top, especially that I had more than 3000 follicles. I asked Dr. Melike that I prefer having good density covering the head, so the scalp should not visible, rather than having the transplanted hair distributed across all head. That is we agreed on to leave the back of the head for another HT.

Anyhow, I can say that I am happy, and not no happy on the same time!!!! I was expecting better results, or is it that I had very high expectations!!!

So, please can you all have a look on my recent photos and compare them to the previous ones, and tell me what do you think? should I go for a second HT to increase the density and cover the rest of the back head.

any comments is appreciated and thank you all for this lovely forum.

best wishes....

Do you know how many grafts you still have available in your donor area? From the pics, you have definately changed your apearence from the preop look but I agree with you that its not dense. If you have sufficent donor supply I would consider a second ht for more density and leave the crown as is.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I would not be happy with those results. I looked at your images and from the immediate post op pictures, it looked like you should have ended up with a pretty solid hairline.

However, the 8 month update images do not live up to that promise, IMHO.

If the 8 month images were say, 4 month images, I would say you were on your way and that it should thicken up in a few more months.

It's possible you are a slow grower. Perhaps a few more months might see a dramatic improvement in overall density.

It's just that at 8 months, I would have expected more coverage.

You also mention on your site that you had artificial "hair implants" (never a good idea) that fell out. Is it possible that this procedure left scar tissue or is somehow responsible for poor or slow growth of the current real transplants?

At this point, I suppose you will have have to wait a few more months and get to the full year point before making any further moves.

If you do decide to go under the knife again, I would not be afraid to seek out other top docs like Sharpiro, H&W, or Feller. Don't be put off by the travel. As many other will tell you, it's worth it.

Easy for me to say, but hang in there. Current images don't look bad and it's a step up from pre-op. However density is currently an issue and it looks like you have to have more work done in the future if you want to thicken that up.

Hal

IMO, It is tough to get coverage that hides scalp from a top view, but even your front view is some what see through. Either some grafts have not grown yet , will not grow Or the hair line is designed so. From your post op it looks like you have a large area covered for 3200 grafts, probably your hair line is designed so and your doctor is planning to give you more density in the second procedure. You have few morw months to wait. In any case this is not a very bad result.

Hi Batel.

I don't think you've done too badly, given the area that was treated. The density is likely to improve further in the next few months, but I think you will probably need a second treatment to get the kind of density (it sounds like) you're looking for.

I'm about a month ahead of you in recovering from my Transmed HT (see blog link below). I've been disappointed. I live in hope that the density will get better, but at the 9-month stage, I think I should be expecting better, particularly in the front hairline.

Edited by Albion71
Add link

batel hello from me also

Have you tried to cut the sides a bit more? And maybe also the top while you wait for things to thicken up?

I dont know what to make of this, you didnt have many hair to begin with and you had 3200 grafts. I ve seen doctors putting this numbers only at the front third. you seem to cover a bigger area with these grafts.

Do the grafts look natural at least?

Maybe your doctor could tell us what he thinks of this. If its a case of poor growth or if it is because the grafts were not than many.

Recentlly Dr Kulahci has been given coalition status by the forum. And now we see two patients who are not that happy for what ever reason, either because the work done by the doctor is not upto mark or the patient is not educated properly. The process of recommending doctors and then giving them coalition status seems to be really not that thorough.

Thank you all for your comments which I really appreciate.

I just want make my self clear here, as I said in the first post, I am happy with the current result, but was expecting much more than that, and I was wondering and asking your opinions whether this is normal result for the months mark, and whether my expectations were very high.

Levaris

I dont know actually how many is left? and whether I am a GOOD candidate for second HT, How do I know pls?

Hal

you are alright, my hair grows slowly, but the implanted hair has been not stabilazing for the last months, I mean it grows in length, but NO NEW hair is coming out of my scalp. I will wait anyhow till the one year point.

Baldingro

you are ture, I was thinking like you, but how do i know that if some hair has not grown? is there anyway that I calculate the number of hairs already grow!!! it seems difficult right....

Albion71

sorry to hear this about ur hair, but let us hope things will get better within few months.... regards....

The count of Baldecristo

I like you name ;) no I have not, my hair is slow growing, I cut it only once from sides since I had the HT. but for the top, never cut it since the HT. why do I have to cut it.

regarding the implanted hair, it looks health and strong but slightly thinner than normal hair. but the big question I have here: are the 3200 grafts enough to cover all this area with good density?? I think the answer of this question will clarify everything here..

again, thanks everyone and I appreciate all your opinions and comments....

Batel, your doctor or any ht doc can do a density test with a measurement tool they use to count the number of hairs per square inch or centimeter. They will then be able to estimate the number of grafts you have available for future ft.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Batel,

Yes, you have come a long way when compared to your pre-op photos but I agree that you should expect more density along the hairline based on the immediately post-op photos. However, while you may be behind the curve when compared to the average 8 month patient, you still have many months of further growth and maturation to come.

I am speaking from experience as my own first hair transplant matured very slowly and I continued to see improvement beyond the one year mark. That said, I did opt for a followup procedure to enhance the density and lower my hairline.

The writing is not yet on the wall. Try to have patience and wait out the next 4 to 5 months before evaluating your results.

Have you discussed your concerns with Transmed? In the event that you do end up with sub-par results, I am certain that Dr. Kulahci will stand behind her work and do everything she can to ensure that you are satisfied.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

BaldingBro,

Our process for prescreening and recommending surgeons is very thorough. Just because a patient expresses disappointment doesn't mean that a physician isn't first-rate. Dr. Kulahci is doing excellent ultra refined hair transplantation and everyone who voted on her Coalition membership gave her a thumbs up. Moreover, in the interest of being thorough, this community waited over a year to consider Dr. Kulahci for the Coalition while we continued to view her results.

Each case has to be taken one at a time and I expect that Batel will have a better result in a couple of months than he has now. In the event Batel2006 doesn't get the results he expects, I trust that Dr. Kulahci will do what she can to make things right.

I do encourage Batel2006 to keep this community posted on his progress and his final results in several months.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

When you started the thread to consider Dr kulahci for coalition I am one of them who liked the results by this Dr. But I have not seen many people really supporting her inclusion, of course no body even objected. there was one who expressed concerns. I am not sure how you call it thorough. correct me if I am wrong.

Hi,

What I like about some of the doctors on this forum is that they or a representative will post and provide support to the client who is experiencing poor results.

Perhaps this can happen in this case. It reassures the community that the clinic will offer support in cases like this. Just my opinion of course.

Regards

Rod

Edited by RodG

Dear all,

Thank you for your comments.

When patient concerns arise, the first thing we do is to contact them to evaluate and understand them in the first place.

The current situation of our patient shows that his result is indeed in a slow growth-progress. This might depend on various factors including the fact that he stopped using Propecia on his 6th month.

However, a definite answer can only be given after two to three months when his hair transplantation matures.

The wait period following an HT is always painful and for many an anxious process. We understand this and show the patients that we will always be beside them when they have questions and/or concerns relating to their HTs.

Dr Melike will be hosting an ISHRS meeting in May in Istanbul- exactly the period when our patient completes his first year after his HT. We invited him over for the conference. Even in the case he cannot attend, we will be in touch with him in May to follow-up.

Thank you.

Transmed

Marketing Manager for Dr. Kulahci

Dr. Kulahci is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Thank you TakingThePlunge for the comment and the advice...

yesterday, I received a call from Mr.Taner from Transmed which I really appreciate. The call was regarding this post, I was so happy knowing that Transmed do care about their patients, which I think is very professional. I discussed my results with Mr.Taner and he told me that Dr.Melike has already seen my 8 months results, and she was expecting to see more density at this time. Mr. Taner advised me to wait for two more months and then we can assess the results again; he also invited me to visit Turkey for this purpose. For me, being very busy these days, I think I will wait for two more months and then I see if more hair will grow, then I will contact Transmed for final assessment for the HT results.

Thanks for everyone who commented and shared his opinions, and I will keep this forum updated...

best wishes...

Batel,

I'm pleased to hear Transmed is following up and properly handling this situation. Personally, I think this says a lot about the clinic.

Also, I just wanted to restate that it definitely is always important to wait for the official 12 month mark before making any final judgments about a hair transplant procedure. Anecdotally, the result is only 60% matured at the 8 month mark, meaning there is still time left to mature. However, we do definitely appreciate all members sharing their concerns and opinions in a professional manner and I really hope it helped Batel out!

Finally, I also wanted to say that if any member has specific questions regarding how we recommend physicians, the qualifications of the Coalition, etc, feel free to send me a private message at anytime. We definitely do our best to make this a very fair, transparent, and public process and welcome questions!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I have seen a couple of lack luster results by this doctor. To suggest that because the patient stopped talking propecia is the related to less than optimum growth is silly. I suppose if he had good growth and had indeed continued taking propecia would you then attribute his great result to propecia? Probably not. I get tired of hearing "I think this says a lot about the clinic to offer assistance in either free grafts or merely to discuss the underlying issues. Most of the time it’s blamed on the fathom x factor and don't forget you can’t ever replenish your donor. If I got crappy results with a doctor, I would never go back to that doctor. It’s that simple. I cannot stress enough about doing research into your doctor. I believe this list of doctors is a good starting point. I know nobody bats a thousand but I’m sure there is a bell curve of doctor results from above average, average and poor. You cannot convince me that all these doctors on the list are on par with each other.

baldingbro,

You are clearly not familiar with our prescreening process for surgeons. I encourage you to visit "How We Recommend Hair Transplant Surgeons" and our "Standards for Recommendation" to learn more about our thorough process of prescreening physicians. Inviting our community to weigh in with their feedback is only a part of the process. Must of the prescreening process takes place behind the scenes via detailed interviews with the clinic, the private and public screening of results posted by the clinic and their patients, public and private feedback we receive from patients and community members, and visitations to clinics. See our publisher Pat Hennessey's visits to dozens of clinics in the "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" section of our forum.

While there is no such thing as a "perfect" process, we do our best to be as throrough as possible before recommending a physician on our community. Coalition members are evaluated and scrutinized even more to ensure they're consistently producing the best of the best work.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Man that is too bad. If you told the dr you would have rather had less coverage and more density I think she must have had ear plugs in...Its results like that, from a recomended dr, that keeps me from going for surgery. i hope it thickens up for you sir!

Thats great that a rep comes on and says a few encouraging words...but you never hear a rep or dr come on and say "if you get garbage results from our hair transplant we will give you another one for free"...and if i spend 10,15,20 grand that is all i want to hear. And not to be discouraging, i wish this man all the support in the world, but on the majority of blogs Ive studied, most from this very website, alot of guys dont report any results after 8 months. Anyways, good luck bro.