2nd transplant

Hi everyone, I was thinking about getting a second hair transplant (just had 2000 fut grafts about 10 days ago). I wanted to get an fue transplant to cover the scar from my first ht. When is the earliest I can do that?

Hi everyone, I was thinking about getting a second hair transplant (just had 2000 fut grafts about 10 days ago). I wanted to get an fue transplant to cover the scar from my first ht. When is the earliest I can do that?

You should ask your doctor before doing that procedure (Promotional Link Removed)

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Spam

Wait, when you say fue into the scar from your first HT do you mean the one you just had done? If that's the case you are jumping the gun. Hopefully your scar will be so thin you won't even see it and won't need fue. Keep in mind that if you just had the procedure done the area has been shaved and your scar is still red. This is far from how it will appear in another year when you have time to heal.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

It's far too early to even know if the scar will need covering. If the wound was closed properly and you heal well (don't engage in any sort of activity which might stretch the scar as it heals) then there might not be any gain from adding grafts to the scar. Also remember that there might be shockloss of hair around the scar and that this will normally grow back, so if you do see what looks like missing hair in the region then give it time and don't look at it as something that will need further surgery to put right.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Ny,

Personally, I would wait until the results of your first procedure are fully matured (12 months) before undergoing a second procedure (even if it is semi-unrelated and in a different area of the scalp). Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Ny116- Was this the plan that you discussed with your Doc before your HT? Was the plan to do 2 procedures? I tend to agree with everyone elses comments. Wait to see your results before planning the next procedure. You may find that you are happy with the density and how your scar heals. Best of luck to you!

Frank

3 HT’s with Dr. Steven Gabel

2004- 2,855 grafts

2007- 2,789 grafts

2010- 2,010 grafts

View my hair restoration site

Hey Frank, the plan was to do this 1st fut procedure and then evaluate if i am happy with the results. I was thinking about doing a 2nd procedure (fue method) to hide the scar that was caused by the strip method.

Not really sure why you are even thinking you'd need to fue your strip scar. That would only be necessary if it stretched, and if you were wearing your hair very short. My scar stretched a bit on one side and even at a number 3 buzz you can't detect it.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com