Best style hat for travelling back afetr ht?

Ok obviously i'm not saying which hat will make me look well trendy in my tracksuit lol i'm woundering what's the best way of hiding your ht on the plane journey home so you don't have people pointing and screaming ha ha but also the most effective style hat for not touching your new grafts on your head, i'm not too fussed about anyone seeing the scar so i was thinking a very big baseball cap would only touch at the sides so would bring minimal damage to grafts but has anyone used anything better? :cool:

Thanks

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Will a doo rag work? A lot of people wear those in everyday life.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I had my transplant done yesterday and found that a new clean Baseball Cap with high top style worked best. Just leave it loose as Aseda1979 said and it works well. You dont want anything too warm or fibrous that will make you sweat or itch more easily.

Before my trip into Canada, I bought several bandanas. When it got time to putting it over the surgical cap it just didn't work. It was way too bulky. I decided screw it. I am going with the surgical cap through the airport. I had no problem at customs. They saw that hat and let me through except for giving me a minor problem about the pain meds that the doc gave me. They said it was a control substance and that I needed a prescription but since there were only several pills left, they let me go. As I was going through the airport, I got several glances. It got to the point I would stare people in the face and they would cower away. The right side of my face started to swell. I started applying pressure to my face to try to bring it down. I put on some glasses because I started to look like the elephant man. When I boarded the plane one of the airline stewardesses looked at me at said "Oh my God honey can I get u a wheel chair". I chuckled I told her it was my head not my legs that were hurting. I felt like Cinderella. I needed to get home before midnight, before things got worse.

Ha ha there's some brilliant stories there. Surgical hat does sound ideal because it sits up like a balloon and doesn't sit flat on your head so that's defo worth a thought. A bandana would be very comfortable but i get the feeling it would be touching the grafts quite a lot. Best thing i can do is get hold of all 3 and try it out i suppose. :cool:

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I wore a bandanna and looked semi like a cancer patient. Didn't get too many stares really, but had to take it off at customs out of Bangkok cause they take a picture of you.

Baseball cap let it real loose or just undo it at the back altogether. I have a real large head and even the biggest cap didn't fit without putting pressure. I had it hovering on top of my head and it looked ridiculous walking out to catch a cab after surgery, could probably fit a cat under there :)