PLEASE HELP! NEED ADVICE! Propecia sides...

Nmu744

Hey gang,

Wanted to give you my current situation.

I have been taking Propecia for a week and five days. Towards the end of that time I was taking a .5mg dosage. As it stands right now from the 14 pills I had, I have 5 left.

This is where the story starts to go bad for me. After about the 5th full 1mg pill, I started to get mild testicle pain. This was the only side other than somewhat watery semen. At this point, I decided to cut my dosage back to .5mg, hoping that this would subside. It did continue, but a lot less harsh.

I took my last .5mg pill on this past Sunday morning. My g/f came over that night and boom.....Nothing was happening down there! I basically freaked out and have stopped taking the pills. It is now Tuesday and I am still feeling some light testicle discomfort, plus I think my left testicle may have shunk a bit!

I have some questions.

1) I have heard that you should "ween" yourself of the drug, in order to not crash your system. Any truth in this?

2) Should I be okay after about a week since I did not take this poison that long?

3) Is the "possible" shrinking in my testicle temporary? Plus should I still be feeling this discomfort after two days off this?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Hope your pain goes away. I haven't noticed any side effect yet and I started taking 1.25 mg per day on January 10, 2011. I am 28 years old. Hopefully, this means I wont have any side effect in the future. This testicle pain/issue does raise an alarm. How common is this?

Hey mate,

I would HIGHLY suggest consulting with your local physician if you are experiencing side such as this, just to be on the safe side, it may be nothing of course.

Stopping any medication cold turkey can sometimes result in ramifications, indeed it can shock the system ceasing your medication.

Hopefully this subsides mate,

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

What's up gang. Just wanted to throw a quick update out there.

Been off since Sunday. It is now Wednesday night and it seems that my sexual function has returned. No morning wood still, but honestly, never had that much morning wood in the first place.

However, still experiencing some slight testicular discomfort.

I'm thinking, should I just kind of ride it out? My body still may be trying to adjust my hormones back in order? I know it sometimes takes a week or so for the body to filter this stuff out. Would it be alright to evaluate my situation the beginning of next week? I feel then if the pain has not completely disappeared, I should see my doctor?

Thoughts?

Or honeslty, should I keep taking this stuff? I was thinking of maybe moving to a .25 mg dose and see how that works? The real reason I stopped at first was because I experience ED, but that may have been in my head? I honestly would still like to TRY to keep my hair!

Im just confused what I should do....

I had same pains and stopped for a month then took .5 eod for 2 years now with positive results.Many people have had the aching pain you talk about and the fin causes it if the dose is too high for you to handle butthe good news is it works in tiny amount too.

HT 2006/7

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever heard of any one regrowing hair or thivkening up the existing hair with Propecia? No you havent. I've seen people try to use hair transplant pictures for minoxidil in the front progress but they were fake. I've seen videos where they say propecia regrew hair in one year. This was also a hair transplant hokes. A lot of people will tell you about the sides of propecia, how once you get passed the testicular pain, and then some of the (testosteron changes) such as increased appetite- depression sympotoms/mood changes- Also there is no getting around the fact that your libido will decrease significantly.

Well take it from me, I took it for a year and half and nothing happened. I say it stabalized my hair (but my hair was already slowly loosing) plus propecia looses affects in 4 years (if it did anything positive after 4 years = 12 X 4 X 70$ a month); (thats a lot of money folks), but then again I shed from it at the 3 month mark, and never really got that hair back. Propecia is not a wonder drug, its a vascadilator. Remember the hairloss companies bank off you. O and dont take minoxidil unless you want your hair to shed and shed andd shed, making your situation worse, (and there is NO gaurantee you will EVER regrow that hair). Look up the minoxidil deffinition.

Just helping from experience, so you dont have to make the same mistakes I made. The only way to combat hairloss is to kill that hormone in which DHT builds up. There is an massive amount already built up in your body. Good luck.

Just trying to help out the consumer,,I've spent over 5,000 $ on just hair loss DRUGS, in 3.5 years. your welcome hair loss industries

Edited by Yomommyz