Am I taking to many hair loss products?

My regime that many people follow is Propecia, Rogaine Foam and Nizoral.

I also take almost every supplement, vitamin and herb that is supposed to promote healthy hair. I do not mind taking them because they are cheap, pills and good for other parts of the body.

What are your thoughts on me taking the following pills and is there any overlap or possible bad interactions.

-Nettle

-Biotin

-Pygeum Aficanum

-B Complex

-Multi Vitamin

-Omega 3

-MSM

-Horsetail Grass

-Saw Palmetto

I know it seam like overkill but I do workout often, am a large man and as far as I see it should not do any bad and maybe some good.

And yes my friends do call me Monk because I am very obsessive compulsive, which is not good for someone losing their hair.

Also, am I missing any :)

HT #1 Unknown Butcher (1998)

Total about 1500

-------------------------------------------------------------

HT #2 Dr. Alexander (2011)

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

I also take almost every supplement, vitamin and herb that is supposed to promote healthy hair. I do not mind taking them because they are cheap, pills and good for other parts of the body.

What are your thoughts on me taking the following pills and is there any overlap or possible bad interactions.

-Nettle

-Biotin

-Pygeum Aficanum

-B Complex

-Multi Vitamin

-Omega 3

-MSM

-Horsetail Grass

-Saw Palmetto

I know it seam like overkill but I do workout often, am a large man and as far as I see it should not do any bad and maybe some good.

And yes my friends do call me Monk because I am very obsessive compulsive, which is not good for someone losing their hair.

In my opinion, the Biotin is the important one. The B Complex, MSM, and Omega 3 are great for overall health. Everything else is basically a supposed herbal Finasteride. Since you are taking Fin, dropping the Saw Palmetto and Nettle would save you a few bucks. I'm not familiar with Horsetail Grass or Pygeum Africanum.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I see you take Finasteride as well and add Duasteride. I have found alot of information and it is all over the place what are your thougthts of adding Duasteride? What made you decide to add it? Will a doctor be very hesitent to prescribe both?

Yeah I kind of went out of control one night buying supplements :)

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

That's a lot of additional supplements but I agree with RCWest that the most important is the Biotin. I don't know about Saw Palmetto but I've been reading some posts in other forums that it causes them grogginess and dizziness as side effects.

Thanks for the info on Saw Palmetto. I will cut it out and see what happens.

Total about 1500

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

-Nettle

-Biotin

-Pygeum Aficanum

-B Complex

-Multi Vitamin

-Omega 3

-MSM

-Horsetail Grass

-Saw Palmetto

Its not really a lot. If you're taking fin drop pygeium horsetail, saw palmetto, and nettle... I would also drop the multi vit and opt for a trace mineral...Drop Its likely the ratios are off any way.

Drop B complex. Alt for Now Foods brewer yeast tablets. You'll get all your B vitamins (except b12) and some trace minerals.

If you take a multi vitamin I would go with Ionic trace multi mineral at mineral life. A 120 DAY supply and the stuff is really good. it contains 72 types of minerals. Not that expensive either

Keep the biotin..Though its not as important has others are making it to be..

Fish oil..Is really important on the brand. Most fish oil goes rancid. The best type of fish oil you can get Is Neptune Krill oil by Now foods. The anastaxin protects the oil from going rancid and is 4 times more absorbable and beneficial than regular fish oil. Krill oil may seem a little more expensive. But in actuality the price is about even since you only have to take one a day at a two month supply.

Keep the biotin..Though its not as important has others are making it to be..

While this is generally true for most people, the reason some people lose hair on certain prescription meds is because the medication interferes with the bodies production and absorption of biotin. Take for instance Carbamazepine (Tegretol). I am on it for seizures and it is known to cause hair loss. It interferes with production of natural biotin within the body which is why I take a big dose daily. It has definitely helped!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 4 months later...