whats shortest you can buzz your scar down to?

I've had a 800 fue session 4 years ago and have a blade half every week which is the lowest guard for a buzz cut shaver and scarring is fine but am now looking to have a strip ht and woundered whats the lowest you can shave your strip ht and how many grafts did you have out?

If you don't have enough time to write much below please just put your buzz guard and grafts simply without explaining so i can get a broad picture of what scars are like.

Thanks

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

In general, most people say a #4, Asians sometimes have to go higher. How many grafts are you looking at?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Going for around 4000. I have diffuse thining but my hair is very thick so if i cut my sides short and buzz blade 1/2 or 1 on sides my top is still thickish looking but when my sides grow and show the true thickness of my hair before thining it makes top look very thin so i get a hair cut every week.

Obviously if i get a strip took out i've lost the ability with my blade 1 short back and sides trick so the ht better work or im stuffed ha ha

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hasson and wong i think, there's no point messing around if i'm gonna have a scar the top needs to be awsome and they consistantly do great work. Also tempted by fellar he's top notch too.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

What is a "number 4"? People use the numbers 3, 4, 5, etc. all the time when referring to razors, but I have no idea what these numbers represent. Is it:

4 mm?

4cm?

4 in?

Or are these numbers just an arbitrary number given by a razor comapany, and if so, is it universal with a panasonic razor, a philips razor, a remington, etc?

Also, what about people who get their hair cut with scissors? These numbers are meaningless....

These numbers aren't meaningless, if you want a nice neat cut round the sides and the back you need clippers.

So they aren't meaningless to you anymore:-

Grade 1 - 3mm

Grade 2 - 6mm

Grade 3 - 9mm

Grade 4 - 12mm

Grade 6 - 19mm

Grade 8 - 25mm

I had 1800 Grafts via strip back in 2002, and am due for another 3300 strip with Dr. Feller next Thursday. Currently I get buzzed down to a grade #2.5 back and sides and the scar is barely visable. The scar goes from ear to ear.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dan72/albums/496

July 2002 HT #1 - Bosley NY - 1800 Grafts

Feb 2011 HT #2 - Feller Medical - 2372 Grafts

July 2012 HT #3 - Feller Medical - 1702 Grafts (no pics as yet)

For 'Good scar', Grade 4 is the law...

Qualifications

1) Skin color/hair color contrast is not too bad

2) Your donor hair may thin as you age, making scar disguise harder

3) a very fine scar may be depressed, accenting it

4) If you grey, it will help you certain skin types (caucasion)

5) FUE near the scar will make the scar harder to 'cover' but easier to disguise if buzzed, tattooed and FUE'd into later because the pixilated effect of the FUE lessens the contrast (as long as the scar isn't depressed, but that's a risk) and frankly its a dumb strategy to pursue IMO

And, I think it's a bad idea to have strip if you have already started FUE and you're are satisfied with the way your scalp heals with it, but it is your call so good luck.

A 2.5 blade would be amazing but i guess a blade 4 is the safe option from the sounds of things. I suppose it's down to how well you look after your scar straight after surgery, elasticity and how long you leave staples in for.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1