In general is a HT worth it?

Hi All,

Just have a question to all those who have had a HT done. Is this worth it? not in terms of monetary value but in terms of results. As much good reviews as i have read, i have read twice as many bad reviews and I am quite confused at the moment. I have an appointment for a procedure at Bosley in 1 week and have two minds about it.

My concerns are a noticable scar, an unnatural look, the healing time before i can get back to work without being noticed, and an irreversible procedure.

Thanks much.

It is based on what I hear everyone that has been to Bosley say. They are horrible at best! My nickname for the is 'Bosley the Butcher.'

My suggestion would be to do some research on this forum for a few months. Also, start Propecia and Minoxidil right away. If you are a youngster the Propecia can make a dramitic difference inside of a year.

There are many great HT doctors. You will hear there names come up often on this forum. That said, I have never heard a positive thing said about Bosley!

Bosley seems to have the 'greenest' doctors. They have to compensate and pass on costs to the customer for all their advertising BS. IMHO, you're paying more money for a higher probability of sub-par results. Before I researched I went to a Bosley consultation, and it didn't seem that scary, but for the price and the availability of world-class surgeions you would be much better served going elsewhere.

Honestly, Does not worth it if you have hair left as much of 30-40 FU/cm2, you can use concealers and thats it. Do the job.. But if you extend baldness more down to 20 FU/Cm2 or less, then you need a transplant. And yes it worth every cent of it..Just look at the before and after photos and imagine what these patients gained from confidence and youth looks. Ah and sorry you said Bosely??? R.I.P in advance...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

A lot of hair mill doctors are either freshly accredited doctors or even doing their residency there.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I agree with RCWEST. Once the Doc talks about money a lot and encourage to do much grafts over what you need, that you would know after researching a lot in the net, you would that he is from hair mill doctors.

One main charcteristic they have is that they would say your hair looks great while it looks like shit. As if they have eyes to see beyond reality. Thats what i hate so much.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I agree with RCWEST. Once the Doc talks about money a lot and encourage to do much grafts over what you need, that you would know after researching a lot in the net, you would that he is from hair mill doctors.

From what I've seen I think the hair mills actually use fewer grafts than are usually necessary for a good result. I think they prefer small to medium sized procedures that are quick and easy to perform so they can fit in a higher number of patients. That's just my own observation of what I think is a general trend.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com