I have noticed my hair starting to thin. (30 yrs old) Mainly on the temple areas (both sides). My friends say they can't tell but I can. I've started to washh my hair with Nioxin a few times a week and a Biotin all natural shampoo. Along with Niroral a few times a week. I started taking Saw Palmetto, B Vitamins, and a multi Vitamin.

I really don't want it to get worse then it is. Will this regime work? Do I need to start using Rogaine? Do I have too much hair to effectively apply the Rogaine? I've read some stories about massive shedding and Rogaine, that scares me. How often does that occur?

My Doc recommended I don't take Propecia because of the known and potentially unknown side effects.

I guess in summary from the things I said what would you recommend as a hair loss regime to help stem the tide of hair loss? What would be the order of operations?

Thanks!

Edited by godeep34

propecia and/or minox....but pics would help with suggestions, along with age.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

My Doc recommended I don't take Propecia because of the known and potentially unknown side effects.

Thanks!

This is the biggest non surgical weapon you have to fight hair loss! Docs who recommend not taking it don't know anything about it. Side effects are extremely rare.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D