Dr Rahal for Norwood VI

Baldtom

Hi,

I have seen alot of positive feeback and results about Dr Rahal!

Has anyone on the forum had a transplant with him that is a Norwood six or seven and are you happy with your results?

Thanks in advance for you feedback!!

Tom

Well, Im Norwoord 3V.. But for your info, dont expect full satisfaction when you do a HT while you are NW6 or NW7. The Doc has to value your limited donor and spread the grafts evenly, so i guess you would have some see through effect, but with using concealers like toppik or nanogen, you will eleminate the balding look, because concelaers will work good even your denisty 20fu/cm2, Also Dr Rahal uses lateral slit technique which could giver you the fuller look in the way of the graft placement to intersect other hairs and create good shadow effect. Good luck and make a change buddy.

Concentrate a lot on the hairline, its the most important part. To me its the part of the head which appears on any pictures taken for you.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

His results look amazing in some part because he tends to operate on people without substantial hair loss.

If you're a NW 6, there's a 99-percent chance that a hair transplant will make you look ridiculous.

Really, if you're anything more than a 3A, you should hold off and wait for the cure.

If you're a NW 6, there's a 99-percent chance that a hair transplant will make you look ridiculous.

Do these NW6 look ridiculous to you? Maybe Joe does ;). Once again your comments have very little merit when doctors like H&W, Feller, Rahal, Shapiro and others are able to do amazing work on NW6.

patient37-hair4-large_1.jpg.755035a0c5600d8a1ec4119302d3514e.jpg

pb_back_16c03289.jpg.cc6a71cb94b4897590e3b80068dc7683.jpg

pb_tilt_0e80e29a.jpg.a2f8b14154ec121142d401598060c73d.jpg

rk_(2).jpg.919cb4f01f21737f1d6d6d71344735fc.jpg

bobman_front_down_fb13bf49.jpg.9af84199364bb67c1e31131ff7f5ff43.jpg

hair-transplant-jt7500_1.jpg.3e5b4c43f9000ea951a930b165840a97.jpg

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

As a Norwood VI who has had 5 prior hair transplants with some of the best: i.e. Rassman, Wong amonst others, and still have diffuse thinning, I would suggest to tread cautiously.

First - do you have enough donor supply. Would they be able to cover your crown? Personally I don't like the approach of doing the hairline and leaving the crown without hair - i call this the VP look as in our VP Biden.

Second - details about how many procedures the doc thinks are needed. Each transplant procedure is a hassle in terms of your time. Many request that you shave your entire scalp. Then you have to explain that damn smile scar.

Lastly- i know strip is most efficacious esp in norwood 6, but if i were to do it again today- i'd go fue route. yes, its more expensive. yes, you should go with someone who has does done this for years. would also only go to someone who does it by himself and doe snot have technical staf taking out follicular units. but, if it does not work out well you can shave your head and don't have to worry about a damn scar.

my suggestions based a 11 yr experience researching hair transplantation

Bare in my mind also Baldtom, after the surgery and results with the help of concealers.. Something will be comin on the way to maximize our results and even donor which is HISTOGEN (HSC) just read about it more, some injections to the to liven all dorment hairs, its like a morning alarm clock for all these lazy follicles to grow. Just be optimistic, thats how you live your life.

I agree with Lorenzo, if you are NW6 or more, make sure you choose the correct surgeon. I respect all doctors recommended here, but if i was in your shoes, try Rahal (my favourite choice) or Hasson and Wong... They are mega session masters. They have a secret way in how to spread the grafts all over the balding area to give u a fuller look and again dont worry, what are concealers for? They will both do the job...

Regarding HISTOGEN you can read about it at baldtruth.com under spencer kobren whom introduced it very well. The clinical trials will be held this spring in Singapore. They could increase density about 25%.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

As a Norwood VI who has had 5 prior hair transplants with some of the best: i.e. Rassman, Wong amonst others, and still have diffuse thinning, I would suggest to tread cautiously.

Why dont you discuss your story and tell us your history?

First - do you have enough donor supply. Would they be able to cover your crown? Personally I don't like the approach of doing the hairline and leaving the crown without hair - i call this the VP look as in our VP Biden.

Have you looked at the examples that I have show you? Sure the crown is not dense but the transformation is huge. Using an example of Biden which has an older transplant is not a good example.

Second - details about how many procedures the doc thinks are needed. Each transplant procedure is a hassle in terms of your time. Many request that you shave your entire scalp. Then you have to explain that damn smile scar.

Most top doctor will have a game plan for you and discuss it before your transplant. I have never seen the doctors ever ask anyone to shave there entire scalp. Many will do it becaue they feel they look stupid with only the reciept area shave. No hair transplant surgery is scar free.

Lastly- i know strip is most efficacious esp in norwood 6, but if i were to do it again today- i'd go fue route. yes, its more expensive. yes, you should go with someone who has does done this for years. would also only go to someone who does it by himself and doe snot have technical staf taking out follicular units. but, if it does not work out well you can shave your head and don't have to worry about a damn scar.

Please show me any cases of FUE that was able to do huge transformation that you have seen in my example. I am not against FUE at all I feel it has its place in but I dont think that it is a replacement for strip in my opinion.

I have seen 25 FUE patients and 3 body hair transplants. Only one of the scalp FUE didnt have white dots. This is not the doctors fault in most cases but how the patients heals and their complextion. So if it doesnt work out well you probaly wont be able to shave your head because of these dots. Most people that recieve successful FUE dont have to shave there head thats why they get a hair transplant.

Remember Jayc there is nothing wrong with going bald. It doesnt bother me which decision people making concerning hair tranplants as long as they make the right decison.

I still wish you luck on your case and hope it all turns out.

HARIRI NW6 is alot different to NW7. Not all NW 6 are in a position to have these type of transformation that I have shown. I am saying that I dont agree with the 99% of NW6 will look ridiclous.

Dr. Rahal is a very good doctor.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

I have seen 25 FUE patients and 3 body hair transplants. Only one of the scalp FUE didnt have white dots.

Hi Lorenzo,

Because I'm interested in researching FUE doctors and this would be helpful info, who was the doctor for that one FUE patient without the white dots. Thank you.

TC

Tom I want to stress that I am not against FUE many top clinics like Dr. Feller and Shapiro and now performing FUE. In my opinion FUE dots have more to do with a patients characteristics and healing rather than a doctors skill. Dont get me wrong there are bad doctor that perform all type of procedure whether its FUE or strip. So whats most important is to find a good FUE doctor that you trust this website will allow you to find that. Some of the FUE results were from doctors that I have never met heard of before. The one patient that I still talk to and consider a friend has very fair skin and recieved around 500 FUE and you couldnt see any dots or areas that the FUE was taken from. Yet three other patients from this same doctor had the white dots and also recieved alot more grafts. I cant mention names or would I want to because as I stated before I feel on some patients doesnt matter who the doctor was, I believe with certain characteritics of the patient, the dots would still be there.

Regardless with a none shaved donor you are not able to see the dots. So anybody who wants to shave there head after FUE make no sense to me.

This is my opinion based on what I have seen. Maybe I am wrong and this is in no way to disrespect doctors that perform FUE or FUE itself.

Good luck on your research.

I'm a Norwood 6 and had two procedures with Dr. Rahal. I wanted to kill the bald look. I knew that I won't get a full head of hair. If you have 5000 + grafts in your donor area, I think that having a HT makes a lot of sense. It's the difference between being completely bald and having hair. The difference in your appearance can be quite significant. Additionally, if you let your hair grow, they will cover the crown area. I think it was worth it for me. But you need at least 5000 grafts to really make it worth your while.

I did not get a HT done yet, but currently doing reasearch on this forum and meeting few patients. Here is what I think about HT.

Currently I have thinned hair all over the scalp with maximum density ranging from 10-20 FU, maximum in the mid scalp, less in the hair line and crown. I fall in Norwood V-VI with this hair I look much better than others who are completely bald. Using simple math I could say I have around 3000 FUs on my scalp. So I guess when 5000 FUs are place aesthetically on my scalp It should look much better even If I loose all my natural hair. After that I never need to be worried about becoming a cueball in my life. If I get the HT done when I have some diffused hair than when I lost all the hair it would be less obvious to other people that I have done something to my hair.

lorenzo -

You're a funny guy. You seem to post a whole bunch which is great, but I don't think that deems you any authority on the hair transplant industry nor this forum.

I don't see an MD next to your name. or am I wrong? You're providing your opinion which you are entitled to. I'm providing mine just as well.

I've seen excellent FUE results in good hands. I do think its a viable new option in well trained hands with the apparent risks. And just because your doc- Hasson - does not do it, nor has a desire to move in that direction, does not make it a bad option. Nor does it make it a bad option just because Feller thinks so either. However, experience and results are important which I agree with fully.

Lastly, regarding the scar - if you cut your hair short than the scar matters in my opinion.Having had prior strips (including one from Dr. WOng - hasson's partner),

I see the value of clean lines and no evidence of a cosmetic procedure.

Regarding the shaving the head - I do see this as an issue. Dr. Wong required it. It takes some planning.

Again, this is my opinion. You are entitled to your own. Keep up the posts. ;)

Jayc thanks for the response. In the hair industry I have learned I can only base my opinion on something that I seen rather than something I have heard. I have never said that FUE is a bad option only that I dont believe that it will ever replace strip. I feel we will go into a different direction (HM or Cloning) before you see the huge transformation without strip.

No I am not an MD and looking at the bad doctor in the industry being an MD does neccesarily make you an expert in hair transplantion. I am not saying I am an expert only somebody that has a good knowledge of the hair industry.

Regardless you are right we are both entitled to our opinion.

In this thread, I can say that I agree with Lorenzo here. FUT is superior to FUE in many ways. For Example as I mentioned before "believe strip maximizes the available donor of a patient, especially those with extensive balding. Transection is lower, and the grafts are exposed to less trauma as opposed to FUE where they are "torn" from the scalp. Fue is outside the body for less time, but because the grafts are removed one by one and are extracted roots un-seen, a greater chance for transection exists. I know there has been much discussion about the "safe zone" and available donor, but I am taking a conservative/less aggressive view"... With this scientific explanation, it’s crystal clear, even you ask doctors like Dr Rahal or Dr Shapiro or even Dr Feller of which is better and more satisfying, they would all agree on FUT with no doubts, especially Dr Feller which posted in one of his threads in a forum that FUE no way get close to FUT.

I believe FUE is more like a privilege stuff than a procedure. If you really value your donor you wouldn’t want to risk with it. As Lorenzo said we have to wait for Histogen HSC or Hair cloning.etc... to shift into something fuller and satisfying. Make sure a scar done by an excellent HT surgeon would be so thin and non visible almost, you won’t consider yourself a Hollywood star to be looked at in every angle.

I think the reason why H&W do not practice FUE because they believe in their golden standard and outstanding results which they would gradually lose if they employed the FUE method which is not very guaranteed. I’m never against FUE, but I don’t think it’s safe enough for my grafts. Even if I was bloody rich basically I would opt for more grafts to be transplanted rather than less grafts and dotted scars. That’s my personal opinion.

I’m not working for H&W neither SMG neither Rahal. I’m just a victim patient of a bad HT willing to repair his hairline with Dr Rahal and revise the scar.

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

These posts are really getting old. It's not a question of whether strip is superior to FUE or vice versa. Many doctors believe that when done properly, FUE is right there with strip in terms of yield. Other doctors believe that FUE is not now, nor ever will be comparable to strip in terms of consistency and yield. It's irrelevant whether some doctor is correct in his assertions that FUE is "superior" to strip, or whether Dr. Feller is correct in his assertions that strip is "superior" to FUE. The relevant inquiry is simply whether the plan of the patient can best be achieved by strip or FUE.

Although right now I'm only showing a minor NW 2.5-3V hair loss pattern, upon microscopic analysis I'm balding in a NW5 pattern. Because I'm only 28 and have a family history of hair loss, I fully anticipate balding to a NW6+ level someday. If that occurs, I'm not sure that I would be satisfied with a bald or thin crown. If I go with strip now, I'm sure I'll be extremely satisfied for the next decade, at least. But as the hair continues to fall out, I might eventually want to buzz down. If I undergo strip, that is never an option.

Knowing that, and knowing the fact that I cannot predict the future of my hair loss, I made the decision that I would rather have 4,000 grafts from FUE placed over the frontal 2/3rds of my scalp and buzz down, as opposed to say 6,000-7,000 over my entire scalp from strip. No poster or doctor can tell me that my plan is wrong for me. And for the record, 4,000 from FUE will be very close in terms of cost to 6,000 grafts from strip.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

TC17 I am only giving my opinion from what I have seen.

Knowing that, and knowing the fact that I cannot predict the future of my hair loss, I made the decision that I would rather have 4,000 grafts from FUE placed over the frontal 2/3rds of my scalp and buzz down, as opposed to say 6,000-7,000 over my entire scalp from strip. No poster or doctor can tell me that my plan is wrong for me. And for the record, 4,000 from FUE will be very close in terms of cost to 6,000 grafts from strip.

Once again I will mention the white dots. What happens if you are one the many patients that skin characteristics will show white dots no matter who the doctor is? I dont believe there are consistance 4000 FUE sessions.

Regardless I hope that you are never put in a position to need a hair transplant or just shave your head. Hopefully in the next 5-10 years there will be no more strip or FUE. We will all be able to walk into a top doc and get 10000 grafts from cloning or multiplication.

I talked to Dr Rahal the last two days and I can tell you all he impressed me with this approachabilty and candor. I am very bald as you can see from my profile and avitar. I have tried the shaved look for about ten yrs and it got old . I am hoping for about 3000 grafts 1st procedure and about 2500 for the second. I am going to start my scalp exercises tonight. The Dr sent me pics of simliar candidates before and after and I would be very satisfied with the results!! After being bald for so long having hair everwhere except the crown would be fine. Maybe I can grow the hair longer or have enough donor left after two procedures for a Fue for the crown?

Thank you all for all your posts !! Still have to plan when i am getting the procedure done. This site has been such a great resource to me the last couple of yrs !!

Tom

Baldtom excellent good luck you are in great hands!!!

Lorenzo/Harari - can you tell me more about histogen and the news about hair cloning. I have read about companies such as ARI/ Bosley, Intercytex, Follica since about 2003-2004. At that time, they predicted a five yr timeline to hair multiplication. How about 7 yrs later, I don't know if there is any new informaton. I looked up pubmed - publications in peer reviewed journals- no new articles can be found on this topic.

Can you send me some links?

JAYC. Open a new thread about histogen and hair cloning to get more benifits as the conversation got out of topic. Im interested too to know more. But as i said dont just stand there waiting for it, get a Hair tansplant and wait for 3-5 more years hopefully. Histogen is not clonning but better in my eyes, its an injection to inject the scalp and awaken all your follicles to grow by providing them the good environment. The good idea even if it only increase 25% denisty, if injected in the donor area a big possiblity the surgeon would have more hair to work with. About hair clonning, more time needed i guess, but lets focus on the histogen which is HT free, unlike clonning which requires HT as well.

My Hair Treatments:

Balding bro, I guess he will spread the grafts to cover up the scalp evenly. I don’t think it’s a wise decision to dense a hairline and leaving a smooth surface beyond it, it’s like an oasis to desert lol...

The surgeons do a great distributions, it’s like military tactics. Few soldiers in strategic places to cover the combat field. :-)

Even with 20 FU/cm2 in the worst scenario, our beloving reinforcements of Nanogen or Toppik will do the job to win the war..lol

But the most important thing with low denisty HT if NW was large and donor was few, is the ANGLE PLACEMENT OF THE FOLLICLE. when they are different directions, it would look ugly like hell. So it must a real good doctor such as Rahal and many others recommended by this forum.

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

Hariri,

Thanks for the answer. I agree with you that there will be night and day difference between transplanted area and the rest of the crown If only frontal scalp is transplanted. But I have seen many pics on this forum especially by top docs where They address frontal half first. Then if possible go for crown. see the bellow link as an example.

Hair Restoration Site for Bobman. Look at his post HT#1 pics