dr thomas rosalenni and dr dennis watkins

boloheadboy

Aloha everyone,

I'm new here and I am strongly considering a hair transplant I've had a couple consults and I was wondering if anyone has had a procedure done with dr. watkins here in kaneohe, hawaii? he quoted me $6000.00 for 2000 grafts, i think is reasonble compared to another doc Shim Ching who quoted me $12000.00 for 1500 grafts. I think that is a little on the high side I've read a lot about dr rosalenni on this site and I have a cosultation appointment with him on 2/11/2011. Does anyone have recent experience with any of these doctors? any insight is appreciated. thanks

Hi bolo you have made a good decision to study and research and found the right website. I have not heard of these doctor. I would never consider having a surgery at a clinic that offers other surgeries other than hair transplants. That is my opinion I am sure if you research you will find alot of excellent doctor on this forum even if it means you have to travel.

Good luck on your search.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Bolo yes Dr. Rosanelli is recommended and shows some good examples. Out of all the doctors you mentioned in my opinion he is the only logical choice. Good luck!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

thanks monster88,

I know you just had the 2nd op, but do you have any previous pics of scarring from your first procedure? I've been shaving my head bald for the last two year, but I've finally come to the realization that I prefer to have hair. However, when I do grow my hair out, I still wear it short. About 2 inches on top and with a number 2 or 3 clip on the sides and back, so if you have any pics of that or if you can tell me about your experience that would be awesome. thanks

bolo

Don't for get to ask him for references of his old patients whom you can call, if possible whom you can meet.

I do not know about your Norwood class. Ask him if he can achieve the proper hairline in one session.

You may even ask him about his technique . What kind of blades he uses. how he controls the depth of the incisions if he does not use custom blades. Also whether he uses lateral slits.

Bolo,

I think you've made an excellent choice consulting with Dr. Rosanelli. He's an excellent hair restoration physician, and you should be able to ask him as much as you need to feel comfortable. Furthermore, I recommend using our forum search function to find information on what type of questions to ask during a hair transplant consultation (as I know this has been addressed before). Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 years later...

I was considering a hair transplant with Dr. Dennis Watkins but after reading your thread, i'm a little skeptical. I met with him and he said he completed a fellowship with Bosley and has done nearly a 1000 procedures. Should I still be concerned? Thanks.

Hi Bill,

It was a simple mistake. My biggest concern with having the procedure is the scar. Is it the technique that the physician uses that could leave a potential scar or is it the skill of tying the skin close together. Ive heard some pretty ugly stories and as you could imagine I have some hesitations of having it done. My hope is that those were stories of the past and that in year 2013 those stories are few and rare.

Thanks!