Cobblestoning Possible repair theory (Docs please take a look)

ok so you guys have all seen the horrible bumps i got from Armani and i have a theory in mind that wont completely make the head perfect but may improve it somewhat.

PIC TO REMIND YOU

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nEnylotE0BQ/TTUCCvfL6dI/AAAAAAAAAC0/qM-EPN-tT2w/s1600/12%2BNovember%2B2009%2B11%2BMonths%2BPost%2BOpp.jpg

i know that if a transplant is done correctly no apparent scarring can be seen.

so what about fue out each bump 1 by 1 and replace with tissue from somewhat else that was already fued out. at the correct depth this time so no bump?

same goes for removing the bump that still have hairs and placing them into another balding area then putting a new graft from where it was removed correctly so you now have a hair in the area but now with no bump.

i think the reason why i am still loosing transplanted grafts is because of how shallow the grafts that sit on the bumps are as there gradually bulling away from the scalp. let me know what you guys think on this because if the bumps area could be made flat then maybe i might get better results from other things like fraxel or chemical peel too.

inputs are much appreciated hope Jenna from smg can input on this too. thanks

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

well im surprised no posts i put the exact same post up on hairlossexperiences and got loads of reply's so far with help whats happening on here.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I don't know about your exact theory but I did receive a few punch outs during my last procedure at SMG. I did have a lot of bumps from my first crappy procedure from another doc and I still do. But the new density planted around it obscures them a bit more. The punch outs were for the 2 and 3 hair grafts that were planted in my hairline. They scabbed over and eventually healed and evened out, no stitches needed.

I imagine the bumps (cobblestoning) is more from the tissue surrounding the grafts than from the follicle itself.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

What might be suggested for a case like yours (I just looked at your pics) is a strip taken from the front, i.e. removing the hairline (with all the bumps) in effect giving you a brow-lift. Obviously, the hairs from the strip would be replanted strategically. And a couple months down the road after that procedure has healed you could do a transplant to construct a new hairline. You might have heard this option before.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

Balboa,

Let me see if I understand your inquiry correctly - in order to get rid or your excessive cobblestoning, you want to remove the cobblestone tissue via follicular unit extraction (FUE) and implant other tissue either containing or not containing follicles into the area? Additionally, you believe that you're losing grafts because the incisions weren't made deeply enough and the grafts were placed too shallow?

If this is incorrect, please correct me. However, I'm unsure if this is the best way to proceed. I definitely understand the idea of removing the cobblestone pattern, but the combination of removing that tissue, removing additional tissue from somewhere else, and then implanting the new tissue into the area seems excessive and has the potential to create unnecessary trauma to the scalp. Additionally, I feel like removing "grafts" (or the cobblestoning pattern in this case) has the potential to create excessive scarring due to the diameter of the graft needing to be removed. Furthermore, the blood supply necessary to support all this new tissue could be a problem.

In this instance, I'd (personally) say the best option is a second repair procedure. I think if a hair restoration physician could strategically place enough grafts in the frontal 1/3, you could definitely achieve a greatly enhanced appearance and cover up the cobblestoning. However, I'd wait until the full 12th month mark before investigating a second procedure.

I apologize if this isn't the type of input you were looking for! I definitely think there are different roads you can take to fix this issue, and let me know if you have any additional questions or if my assessment was off.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

No, Balboa's level of cobblestoning should not be expected. It definitely should be addressed with a repair of some sort.

Man. your case is just like mine, its like we are twins. But honestly i couldnt believe its coming from Armani lol. Thats so disappointing, I guess with 2500 grafts with Armani, you could do double of that with any other recommended doctor, they are so freakin overpriced especially here in the middle east. I think they call it buried grafts.. They are dead because of improper plantation, to me even some of the hairs grown were kinky because they were damaged during the implantation. You better go to a top doctor who has very good tracks of repair surgeries, a reapir surgery is different than virgin scalp surgery, its more complicated and needs very good strategy, cause mistakes arent forgiven. I would recommened you rahal, SMG and H&W.. They have cases of hair repair more than you ever imagined.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

smg or bhr i am considering i just want to know who will do the best job and who is best with fue, i trust the feller extraction tool smg uses and im unsure on what bhr uses.

Future_HT_Doc

im over 2 years post op so ive waited plenty long enough to have a repair. ive just started a new complaint with a law firm as i was put off suing Armani in the past die to incorrect information gave by one of his secret posters trying to put me off suing him but ive now learned i can sue him from the UK so that's going smoothly so far.

SMG suggested that i remove some grafts in the hairline then have dermabrasion once the skin is healed to try and normalize the scalp then go back for new grafts in hairline to start a fresh of sort.

whats your views on this?

forget planting new tissue like i first said it does seem that would not work and best to just let them close up naturally.

i don't like the idea of a strip of hairline being removed so that's not an option for me but thanks Aaron anyways for your input, its just i don't want to end start hacking parts of my head off its the reason i chose fue in first place.

but also from BLAKE you suggest you think i may have scars from removing the bumps as you think there too big is that what you were saying?

many thanks to everyone replying

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

smg or bhr i am considering i just want to know who will do the best job and who is best with fue, i trust the feller extraction tool smg uses and im unsure on what bhr uses.

Future_HT_Doc

im over 2 years post op so ive waited plenty long enough to have a repair. ive just started a new complaint with a law firm as i was put off suing Armani in the past die to incorrect information gave by one of his secret posters trying to put me off suing him but ive now learned i can sue him from the UK so that's going smoothly so far.

SMG suggested that i remove some grafts in the hairline then have dermabrasion once the skin is healed to try and normalize the scalp then go back for new grafts in hairline to start a fresh of sort.

whats your views on this?

forget planting new tissue like i first said it does seem that would not work and best to just let them close up naturally.

i don't like the idea of a strip of hairline being removed so that's not an option for me but thanks Aaron anyways for your input, its just i don't want to end start hacking parts of my head off its the reason i chose fue in first place.

but also from BLAKE you suggest you think i may have scars from removing the bumps as you think there too big is that what you were saying?

many thanks to everyone replying

Balboa,

I'm not suggesting that utilizing FUE removal for unsightly grafts in the hairline will create unnecessary scarring. What I am saying is that trying to remove each cobblestone via follicular unit extraction has the potential to create excessive scarring.

As far as what Shapiro Medical recommended, I trust the clinic wholeheartedly and would feel comfortable suggesting that you follow their advice. Furthermore, I think removing unsightly grafts, resurfacing the skin, and redefining the hairline with properly placed follicular unit grafts seems like a fairly reasonable treatment plan to me. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

As I understand it, you're unhappy with the hairline position on your left side. From the photo it looks like you've cut or shaved a row of hairs to raise the hairline a little.

It seems that a second procedure to add density would be the simplest option, as it would disguise most of the cobblestoning. Grafts could be removed from where you feel you don't want them at the front/left. If they were extracted via FUE then you might be replacing cobblestones for small scars. You'd have to decide which is worse. The area could be improved with lasers or peels as you mentioned.

All of this should probably wait until you've determined if you've stopped losing grafts.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I have been told from 4 different clinics different solutions if the hairline is low..

1) If its not that low, to add grafts in one side to balance the level..

2) To do a braw lift or remove a strip which is impossible (front side), i love my scalp lol...

3) To extract the grafts and FUE them but the problem future doc said, it can cause scarring and will screw up your beautiful forehead. Especially if you were tan or black.. maybe if you were so white, it could be ok.

4) The most popular reason to laser them in order to get rid of them ( not all) but all the ones that are too low. But some Doc call it a waste.

Hope i helped.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

FUTURE DOC, very interesting topic you brought up here, me too i have same problem and need to get rid of some lower grafts from one side in order to balance the hairline, however based on my observation i disagree cause look at this example posted in the foum by Dr Feller, everything went so smooth and no scarring. Check it out and advice pls..

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/141099-john-malloy-pictures-his-repair-dr-feller.html

My Hair Treatments:

good find. i have a few more hairs to remove than he did quite alot more. from looking at the red blood dots after.

dont forget i have scars to start with and that guy didnt realy have any.

too be honest i think im going to go in to sort my hairline by removing the grafts by either laser hair removal or fueing them out depending on if the doc thinks its too much of a waste to laser them away. i need some larger grafts moving as theres some 2,s etc in the hairline and it looks harsh when i have cut the low hair away to see what it will look like when evened out again.

there is 3 docs i am considering at this moment they are SMG, BHR and FERIDUNI but realy not sure yet i need to find out who is best at FUE smg have good price too. just wish the pound to the dollar exchange would get like it was then it would be easy to afford a 1000grafts with SMG bring back 2dollars to the pound. :)

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily