just curious...

Could or would they ever be able to use cadaver hair for a transplant. A periodontist can use a cadaver’s gum tissue to lower your gums which seems like it could be considered “cosmetic” as long as you don’t have gum disease, so why not a hair doctor?

Other peoples grafts will not take. I remember it being studied.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Perhaps with expensive potentially life shortening medications as used by organ transplant patients, not worth it.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Speegs is right on target here. Just like any organ transplant, receiving another person's hair follicle would require a lifetime of potent and dangerous anti-rejection drugs. No ethical physician would ever agree to this for a cosmetic procedure.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

great question!

I have also heard that this hair would not take. You could end up doing a lot more damage to yourself.

And one would have to find someone with similar hair pattern as well. Even then it would be very difficult.