Acell+PRP Injections

Any of you guys heard of these injections being offered as a standalone treatment for hair loss? Dr. Hitzig in new york is offering these injections for $3000. Seems a bit pricey for something that is not proven to work yet. I was actually going to try it until I learned about that price tag.

sounds like steroid injectons for alopecia areata and other immune related alopecia

What I'm thinking of wouldn't do shite for MPB, but then I don't know this doc you're talking about

Can you post a link about it?

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

just saw the subject line and looked it up

it doesn't seem like PRP would be any good for altering perfectly natural, healthy hair growth cycles (which includes miniaturization from AGA), but I don't know much about it so I wouldn't pose as someone with an authoritative opinion

If it had any effect, certainly no one knows a definitive reason why it would; but the hair cycle is intricate, dynamic, involuted. I could conceive of this PRP/ACell stuff influencing the system somewhat

Could be bs, too. I'd like to see some discussion about this as much as you

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

Got this from another website:

'I had a thought. It has been concluded by Follica and Histogen when WNT proteins are introduced to wounded skin, an embroyonic healing state takes place and thus new hair follices are produced. Would it be possible to add these Wnt proteins to the Acell/PRP injections and then introduce this to the scalp?

I think most of what you would need would be in these 3 things.

PRP-adults stem cells-growth factors

Acell-Helps adult stem cell return to an embryonic state during healing,Contains a host of proteins, growth factors, collagen ect.

WNT Proteins-What is needed to induce the formation of new hair follices.

Histogen is basing there experiment of Wnt Proteins and has show great results in the early trials

Follicas whole experiment is based on wnt proteins-They have tried in on bald mice and all have grown new hairs

So what im sayign is why not try this with humans with prodcuts that are both FDA apporved and with WNT which is a natural protein in the body.'

I can not speak to Dr Hitzeg, but can about Dr. Cooley. In the trial stages of Acell I contacted Dr. Cooley and made plans to go down and have the Acell applied to my existing scar. He charged $0. Not even for 1 thing. The cost was all on him. He even bought me lunch. Speaks to how nice of a person he is!!!

It has now been roughly 11 months since the procedure and I can honestly say that while it doesnt seem like any hair grew into the scar, if I run my fingers along the scar I can't fell the difference between normal tissue and the scar tissue. It feels like normal tissue. The appearance of the scar has gotten slightly better, but it feels 100% like normal tissue.

In our recent E-mail I got the impression that- that is what he was finding with a 1 time procedure patient , and that he has noticed that multiple applications seemed to make more of a difference. * Please do not 100% quote me as I am trying to recall the E-mail conversation*. I'm not sure if I've given any help here, but I saw Acell in the subject title and felt as though I'd like to chime in.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any statistics or data on how successful these procedures are now? I know that PRP has been around for a while now. I am sure there has to be some patients that must have had it done and can tell us something.

Seems like it helps scarring? But for $3,000 as a price?

I know, the price seems crazy for an injections of acell+prp. there are two sets of pictures on dr.hitzig's website. the pictures show decent results, but nothing amazing. the other is thing neither one of the patients is on any treatment like minox or fin, and it seemed like there hair loss was stopped with very slight regrowth.