DHI - Is their technique genuine??

DHI, thank you for presenting those photos. Imho, they look like adequate results--I've certainly seen much better, and I've certainly seen much worse (in terms of presentation and actual results).

Can you please explain the exact nature of the hair transplant procedure your clinic performs, though? You must understand that anyone touting "scarless" surgery will be scrutinized by this community.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Photos are ok at best,would you mind sharing these photos on a uk forum too?say 'hairloss experiences'?if not why????????

I doubt he will even answer this question, in fact I'd bet on it.

These results are OK, but nowhere near as good to the docs on here, or the other website that "ihatedhi" mentioned.

Thanks for posting them anyway.

Totally not used to clinics charging by the hair, definately not the ethical way to do it.

here is some info from our Medical Director regadring scaring with DHI .

Tomorrow we will post recent photos and more details

Direct hair implantation is a minimally invasive hair restoration procedure. A key point of this new technique is that no reception holes are required prior to the implantation of the hair follicles. This reduces significantly the risk of local injury and scar formation in the recipient area. As for the donor area, it is true that different individuals may respond in different ways to the same procedure, no matter how minimally invasive it may be. The key point in hair follicle harvesting with the direct technique, is that there is no real scar formation rather than small holes that heal spontaneously by the surrounding skin. This is due to the small caliber of the instruments used for the follicular unit harvesting. So, it is true that, depending on the individual and the hair style (very short), there may be some visible small spots in the donor area. They don’t, however, constitute a scar as, by definition, a scar is the development of fibrotic tissue over a previous dermal injury and not the spontaneous healing by the surrounding keratinocytes with normal skin formation.

with DHI hair follicles are extracted and placed withing 6 seconds and not 6 to to 8 hours as other procedures thus avoiding the many factors that can damage the hair follciles .

DHI, so the way I'm understanding it, the f.u. is extracted with a device and then immediately punched into the recipient area with the same device, correct? Does your company have any video documentation of this procedure being performed? Also, what are the size limitations of a session with this procedure, and how long has it been used by DHI surgeons? And, were the examples you posted of patients who underwent this type of scarless surgery? If so, can you provide pictures of the donor area immediate post-op? We really do need full transparency if your company is going to make claims of a "scarless" procedure. Thanks again.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dhi with regards to the'small instrument' used in dhi harvesting..in my experience it does leave white dott scarring,my scarring was alot larger than 1mm,the extrction patterns were non educated and these white dotts joined together to make bigger white dott scarring some as big as 3 or 4mm look at my photos for proof,a search into google 'dhi white dotting' will show what ex patients had to say about the subject.

donor area 7 and 10 months post op will be posted tomorrow there is so much more info that we will post after the method is published and presented this year at major medical meetng and the patent is final

Sparky its gotten to the stage now where they just avoid anything they cant answer,i got no explanation over my poor work.what do you think of the work they did on me if you dont mind me asking?

Dhi what meetings?it would me great if you could unveil this scarless surgery at an ishrs meeting,bring a big blow up of that chart too!!

The hairline is bad but its the donor area that has me depressed most even a grade 4 or 5 it looks moth eaten,especially the rectangle in the center it was overharvested really badly in my opinion,i have seen people complain about white dotting from armani i would trade places in half a heartbeat,at least they are spaced out some bit.

Thanks for the pm only saw it der.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Photos are ok at best,would you mind sharing these photos on a uk forum too?say 'hairloss experiences'?if not why????????

We have registered on the mentioned forum, however we're waiting for the activation email of our account.

our policy is to post results and scientific date and research programs ,not to respond to DHI haters and those who have an agenda ... we hope we will contribute to the advancement of hair restoration . we will respond to all legitimate

posters and we will seek the courts protections for those who use these forums with only one purpose to damage DHI, nobody has the right to hide behind anonymity we believe this is also the policy of this and any public forums .

Ej raises a very very good point.

I think it is a massively important part of a ht knowing who your doctor is,a choice should be possible for patients too,even bosley have a detailed list of physicians on their page.

Getting a ht not knowing who is going to perform the procedeur is hairtransplant suicide,i made this mistake twice.

But to be fair ej if dhi replied with a list of doctors we would never have heard of even one so in a way its pointless.

we have insisted of dhihater to post hir repair work for a simple reason ... he never did have such a reapir ... becouse no dr would acept him as a patient . and with his permision we would like to pots his real strory here

Dhi for arguements sake lets say i didnt get repaired yet [even though i have] what the hell has any of that got to do with you,alll you and your shady company should be worried about is the work dhi did not who repaired it,can you get that in to your thick head at all.

If i hear any threat to reveil my story or identity again even tho you dont know either i will myself be seeking legal advice not only for that but loss of earnings because i was unable to work after dhi,personal and emotional distress etc..once more and i promise i will and boy oh boy have i got proof!!!!!

The longer you stay posting the wose dhi looks in all fairness you cant answer a thing thats asked,i must admit this thread is getting old but i think it shows clearly how shady and stupid dhi are,folks im calling it a day on this thread i think prospective patients have enough info here to make their own choice on dhi.

One thing I have learned about the hair transplant industry is that you can usually tell the good guys from the bad guys by the amount of transparency they allow. Clinics that do upstanding work and have the most outstanding client results post multiple clear, high-resolution photos, and allow the general public full access to their methods of surgery. When a clinic is actively performing a method that's being touted as new, innovative, and "scarless" I find it highly suspect when they don't reveal the exact nature of that surgery. Promising that all will be revealed in the near future is an empty promise and is dangerous for perspective patients who go into the surgery with that clinic without having full disclosure on their methods.

DHI, until you provide full transparency I think the members of this forum have the right to be suspicious of your clinic, and most educated consumers will stay away.

Direct hair implantation is a minimally invasive hair restoration procedure. A key point of this new technique is that no reception holes are required prior to the implantation of the hair follicles. This reduces significantly the risk of local injury and scar formation in the recipient area. As for the donor area, it is true that different individuals may respond in different ways to the same procedure, no matter how minimally invasive it may be. The key point in hair follicle harvesting with the direct technique, is that there is no real scar formation rather than small holes that heal spontaneously by the surrounding skin. This is due to the small caliber of the instruments used for the follicular unit harvesting. So, it is true that, depending on the individual and the hair style (very short), there may be some visible small spots in the donor area. They don’t, however, constitute a scar as, by definition, a scar is the development of fibrotic tissue over a previous dermal injury and not the spontaneous healing by the surrounding keratinocytes with normal skin formation.

with DHI hair follicles are extracted and placed withing 6 seconds and not 6 to to 8 hours as other procedures thus avoiding the many factors that can damage the hair follciles