Nizoral and conditioner?

Hi everyone, rookie question here. As I understand it, one proposed way nizoral works with rogaine is by removing sebum from the scalp, allowing the minoxodil to penetrate deeper. If this is the case, should I follow the nizoral with conditioner, which can oil up the scalp? Just used the nizoral for the first time and was wondering. If it matters, I use that thicker fuller hair conditioner. Thanks all!

do not think it matters..the reason that Nizoral works is that the medicine is a mild DHT blocker,

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I use Nioxin with Nizoral 2% and the combo works really well for me. Nioxin seems to thicken hair within days while Nizoral keeps sebum controlled. Reduces inflammation etc., Sometimes I use Neutrogena T-Gel in between. I guess they all can act as mild DHT blockers. I think that is better then using any other shampoo that may have SLS in it etc. The shampoos give hair volume rather then make hair flat.

Guest essentialoilexporters
Hi everyone, rookie question here. As I understand it, one proposed way nizoral works with rogaine is by removing sebum from the scalp, allowing the minoxodil to penetrate deeper. If this is the case, should I follow the nizoral with conditioner, which can oil up the scalp? Just used the nizoral for the first time and was wondering. If it matters, I use that thicker fuller hair conditioner. Thanks all!

I have heard that nizoral should not be used more than twice a week. the problem with nizoral is only that it can be quite drying to the hair. you can remedy this with a separate conditioner.