Too many pt blogs, not so many updates

Hi, I'm new here. I've been considering hair transplant in the future and have been reading/looking at different pt blogs here for references. however, i've noticed that many people would start posting in the first few weeks after their HT and never follow thru (6 months, 9 months or even 1 year post ops) and i'm just wondering why that happens? bad results? results not what they're expecting? just curious

Maybe the people stop posting on this site? Maybe they see great results and then feel like they don't need to post? They could also just don't get around to it (I know I've fallen behind with posting pictures because I never have the camera available).

How long have you been suffering from hair loss?

I got lazy to be honest and moved on. This site has helped me tremendously throughout the years and ultimately help me find the right doc for my HT. Many will find it a blessing to drop by accidentally on here and learn as much as they possibly can of the risk and rewards that will come along with a HT.

Perhaps I will try to update one last time what my results looks like after all these months.

The reasons could be good and bad:

Bad:

If a patient had a bad HT or bad experience, he/she may have moved on and doesn't care about the fight to have hair. They gave it there best and get on with there life.

Good:

If a patient has had a positive experience then the problem has been solved. Why come back and discuss something that has been corrected. Again this has to do with losing interest in hairloss.

Some people obviously move on from it as they realize it isn't the most important thing in life. I wish I could but I haven't gotten to that point yet.

Hi, I'm new here. I've been considering hair transplant in the future and have been reading/looking at different pt blogs here for references. however, i've noticed that many people would start posting in the first few weeks after their HT and never follow thru (6 months, 9 months or even 1 year post ops) and i'm just wondering why that happens? bad results? results not what they're expecting? just curious

If you look around you'll find some that document the process over multiple years. I try to update mine every year. But you're right, it's dissappointing that more people don't follow through with their updates.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

nordstrom,

What happens is that these folks who end up happy with a great result end up getting on with their lives. Most never come back to these online hairloss communitites. They simply move on.

The ones who end with a horrible result/experience tend to blame themselves and are too ashamed to advertise what they did.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY