the big three system

byron

im 26 , 27 end of february, slightly mature hairline very slight thinning just above

i am currently on rogaine foam which i find really good and it seems to thicken hair also, but could i go on finasteride and that shampoo nizoral? ive read these three are very effective in keeping and maye even bettering what hair you have

also i have seen GENERIC finasteride, i realise it is not from the propecia brand but has same ingredients, shall i go for the propecia or the generic which is cheaper?

If you can get a script for Proscar, which is what I do, you can get 30 5 mg pills for 9 bucks without insurance from Wal-Mart.

You cut them in 4ths and that is 1.25 mg of fin (about). That gives you the most effective medication today, (perhaps besides Avadart), for a little over $2 a month.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

also does taking smaller dose (eg cutting it up) make it less effective?

No, cutting it up just gets it closer to the dose used for treating hairloss. 1 mg. is all you need for hairloss, so cutting a 5 mg. pill into 1/4 gets you 1.25 which is fine. It's hard to cut into 1/5.

I've been on Finasteride and Nizoral for a year this month, and minoxidil for almost 6 months. My hair has at least doubled in density, maybe tripled. My mother in law actually said something about it the other day about how she couldn't see scalp at all on top anymore. Good luck! Just stick it out for the full year because that's what it takes to really see results.

Also, if Finasteride doesn't seem to work then theres also Avodart which is a much stronger androgen blocker.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

right guys forstly apologies for double posting but here goes

im on a website 4rx.com and i am about to place an order for 90pills of generic finasteride, at $68 including delivery to the uk

can i get cheaper than this??

Byron,

You're definitely taking some important steps toward stabilizing and preventing future hair loss. The 'big three' are an excellent combination of effective medications, and should make a big difference.

As far as the Rogaine foam and Nizoral are concerned, you don't need a prescription for either of these therapies, and they can be used safely in conjunction with one another. Keep in mind that combining these medications can cause an initial 'shedding' phase for the first few months, but this will pass and result in the desired growth/thickening effect. As you can tell by the links above, you can purchase the nizoral from our online hair loss store, which is safe, economical and guaranteed :)

As far as the finasteride is concerned, although it is effective and proven, it's usually best to be evaluated by a physician before obtaining a prescription and utilizing this product. If this is something you're interested in, feel free to review our recommended hair restoration physicians and, more specifically, our recommended physicians in the UK. Finally, I, again, recommend investigating ordering finasteride/Propecia from our online hair loss store. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

thank you very much for your reply much appreciated and noted!

im 26 now so its always best to catch it when i have reasonable amount of hair still present, i was on topical minoxidil but that made me really itchy (i had the shedding phase with this) now i am on the foam which is so much better for me

when i first joined this forum all i thought about was HT HT HT HT now im much more open to all sorts of other treatments. i understand this is a lifetime commitment and i am grateful for this website and the good advice i have been given

so can i be prescribed finesteride through this website?

thank you once again

when i first joined this forum all i thought about was HT HT HT HT now im much more open to all sorts of other treatments. i understand this is a lifetime commitment and i am grateful for this website and the good advice i have been given

I'm pleased to hear you're getting some valuable information from our community. We are definitely 'hair restoration' not simply 'hair transplantation' advocates!

so can i be prescribed finesteride through this website?

Technically, you can only get a prescription for finasteride from a physician. We can't actually prescribe it from this site, but we can recommend a physician to see for a thorough evaluation and if he/she thinks you're a good candidate for the medication, you can order the product from our hair loss store. I also recommend reading the description on the finasteride page at the online hair loss store. It does a pretty good job summing up the process of ordering finasteride online and the recommended protocol. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

If you can get a script for Proscar, which is what I do, you can get 30 5 mg pills for 9 bucks without insurance from Wal-Mart.

You cut them in 4ths and that is 1.25 mg of fin (about). That gives you the most effective medication today, (perhaps besides Avadart), for a little over $2 a month.

Is cutting Proscar pills into quarters easy or hard to do ? I can get a discount on 1 years suplly. So im interested in hearing about how to do it and how difficult it is ? I not a handyman at all.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/