What does it mean that i am not a good candidate for a hairtransplantation.

Hi. I hope that you will help me :)

I am 25 years old and have ever since turning 21 thought about getting an hair transplantation. When my hair loss have got to a point where my hair was so thin that it looked stupid with hair. That time has come now. Unfortunately i have not taking any meds to prevent genetic hair loss because the doctors i have visited told me that id had non effect. I am starting what will probadly be a life long use of propecia.

I have contacted various different hair transplant surgent in order to hear how many graft i needed transplated. There have been a big variation in the anwers and they have suggested from 2000-5000 graft.

I have been reading at this forum for some time. I have seen Dr. Pathuri Madh? have been recomended a lot. I contacted him and his assistant told me that im not a good candidate for a hair transplantation. I take him very serious and respect his honest answer.

My question is now what does it mean im not a good candidate. I am willing to get several transplantations if that is needed. So if it just tells something about how many graft will successively get transplanted its not that big a problem.

I am taking strattera.

IMAG0033.jpg.3a970d870e94468988fa21013899c4db.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg.fece8de99bdc721af3eeee5b5cf1be83.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg.57b1e8b01f88a9ed566279e1eea594fd.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg.38e315405f49f261f761de64a0210273.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg.f1664ee4da2eef070454ef1210ff1194.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg.619c5d7f8a8adbbe26b446dedc819ad9.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg.1146e8228802f4511bcb3f4d782e8c7d.jpg

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

Well first thing is that you should be on propecia....like yesterday. 2nd, you re pretty your for an HT....but I wouldn't personally say too young but that is just me. Finally, and here is the worst news....you seem to be headed to becoming a NW7....notice how low the actual hair loss is in the back....it looks like there may not be much room to pull strips.

I am not a consultant so I lets let one of them speak up. Get on propecia soon.

The good news is that you seen to have a good head if all else fails.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I don't think you should give much weight to a recommendation which is based only on photos. You should meet with several doctors in person. I was told that I wasn't a good candidate for HT based on photos but all of the docs i met with in person thought I was a good candidate. I also have thinning low on the crown like you do but hopefully we will not be NW7

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Lev,

Good point. That said, you are 20 years older than cardel25 with hairloss half as severe....

It does suprise me that you were told you were not a good candidate. Who did you proceedure?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It does look like you're headed for an advanced balding pattern. The outline is already there and even that could expand over time. See how the thinning is coming down the back of your head towards the area of hair that transplant grafts would be taken from.

The Propecia could make a lot of difference. It's unfortunate that other doctors told you it wouldn't.

I want to repeat what Spanker said: you really do have an ideal face/head for shaving. Also, your hairline is still quite intact and if you cut your hair very short (even shorter than in the photos) your low skin/hair contrast would probably give the illusion of there being more hair remaining.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Well first thing is that you should be on propecia....like yesterday. 2nd, you re pretty your for an HT....but I wouldn't personally say too young but that is just me. Finally, and here is the worst news....you seem to be headed to becoming a NW7....notice how low the actual hair loss is in the back....it looks like there may not be much room to pull strips.

I am not a consultant so I lets let one of them speak up. Get on propecia soon.

The good news is that you seen to have a good head if all else fails.

Your right about propecia and its a shame that i havent used it sooner. I know i am young at age but still i think its time to do something or else settle for a life witout hair. Al the men in my family that have lost a lot of hair lost it before turning 25. I know that there may be other factors influencing on hair loss but it still gives a good pointer.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

It does look like you're headed for an advanced balding pattern. The outline is already there and even that could expand over time. See how the thinning is coming down the back of your head towards the area of hair that transplant grafts would be taken from.

The Propecia could make a lot of difference. It's unfortunate that other doctors told you it wouldn't.

I want to repeat what Spanker said: you really do have an ideal face/head for shaving. Also, your hairline is still quite intact and if you cut your hair very short (even shorter than in the photos) your low skin/hair contrast would probably give the illusion of there being more hair remaining.

I am aware that i am going to loose more hair and that my balding pattern is advanced. I know that the donor area to a strip surgery is thinning. But if i get an hair transplantation now and get 4000 graft. I am prepared to get the same amount or more transplanted in some years. And more surgerys if thats required.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

I don't think you should give much weight to a recommendation which is based only on photos. You should meet with several doctors in person. I was told that I wasn't a good candidate for HT based on photos but all of the docs i met with in person thought I was a good candidate. I also have thinning low on the crown like you do but hopefully we will not be NW7

I have been consulting several doctors who were ready to transplant perform a hairtransplation on me. I contacted clinics from 5-6 different countrys

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Lev,

Good point. That said, you are 20 years older than cardel25 with hairloss half as severe....

It does suprise me that you were told you were not a good candidate. Who did you proceedure?

It was one of Dr. Madhu Pathuri?s assistents who told me that i wasn?t a good candidate. From the mail correspondance between us i have gotten a very good impression. And hes honest answer made me think everything over again. And i now have trouble visualize how the end product of a hair transplantation will look like. If i get a lot of graft transplantet now can they later on take hair from another region and transplant to the donor region if i loose my hair there ? Its not an issue if it is possible. I am determined to get my hair back if possible. I am almost done with an education as a psychiatrist so money is no issue in the future. And i feeel that its stupid to go around feeling depressed about something if it can be solved.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

hi cardel25

its good that u consulted 5-6 clinics.

but always go to a clinic which is recommended by this website

in this way, u will be assured of getting true n honest answer.

and i love ur quote saying " its stupid to go around feeling depressed about something if it can be solved."

Edited by tarepanda

1. Don't do a strip transplant (why? see #1)

2. Do a blood test and if all is normal....

3. Start Propecia

4. Wait One year

5. Don't do a strip, consider shaving your head. It looks pretty good for a baldy

6. Consider a FUE

#1 U r obviously (in my humble and twisted opinion) not a good "candidate" for strip, because your donor is already minaturiizing and u will be considering a short cut as u go grey some day.

You do certainly have time here. As recommended by a lot of other posts, start some sort of medication.

You donor area does seem rather thin. It would be tough to relocate those follicles.

Goood luck :)

I will definately start some on medication. I have requested a consultation for tomorrow where i will start on medication.

Regarding your other post i am only talking to hair transplant surgeons that is recommended by this website.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

1. Don't do a strip transplant (why? see #1)

2. Do a blood test and if all is normal....

3. Start Propecia

4. Wait One year

5. Don't do a strip, consider shaving your head. It looks pretty good for a baldy

6. Consider a FUE

#1 U r obviously (in my humble and twisted opinion) not a good "candidate" for strip, because your donor is already minaturiizing and u will be considering a short cut as u go grey some day.

Thank you for your post. I knew of course that there was a general difference between FUE and FUT bu i didnt knew which was best for those that didnt had good donor areas. I havent thought as my self as a bad candidate for a FUT before maybe it was denial :) Can you please enlighten me and tell me why a FUE transplantation is better ? If its more likely that the result would be good if i do a FUE thats what ill do. But it concers me that Madhu Pathuri who i contacted still dindt recommended me surgery he performs FUE aswell and i didnt said that i wanted one of the to types of surgery but whatever he recommended. I will start Propecia and wait a year with surgery.

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

I think the biggest concern for you and FUT is that your hair looks good cut short but if you go the fut route, you would most likely be able to see the scar. You would have to grow your hair longer to hide the scar and that a) may not look as good and b) might not work. There are pros and cons with fue as well but one of the pros is that you can still keep your hair short on the sides and back. If you do go the fue route, make sure to go with a doc that does a lot of fue and feel confident with it.

Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

ah! there we go again. Cardel, before u get biased against FUT, i need to remind u of this. Some posters are all FUE and extremely disgusted with FUT so their opinions might be biased.

I have mentioned this umpteen times and that is if u go the FUE route, it has been generally agreed that the yield is not that good and if you are heading for a NW7, does it make sense to utilise your precious donors this way? Think about it.

I do agree with them that if your donor thins out, maybe your scar will be exposed in time to come. I never deny so. That is why there is no single ticket out to happy forever after. Both ways present to u pros and cons, i just thought i should highlight to u before u get hyped up about FUE.

Most importantly, consult a few doctors. The more the merrier. They are the ones doing the ops, not the posters here, including me. No advice is more valuable than from them. If all 10 recommend FUT, what gives? Are u gonna listen to some poster here and go with FUE? Your choice but good luck :)

All the best mate. Remember, surgeons are the experienced ones, not us!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

ah! there we go again. Cardel, before u get biased against FUT, i need to remind u of this. Some posters are all FUE and extremely disgusted with FUT so their opinions might be biased.

I have mentioned this umpteen times and that is if u go the FUE route, it has been generally agreed that the yield is not that good and if you are heading for a NW7, does it make sense to utilise your precious donors this way? Think about it.

I do agree with them that if your donor thins out, maybe your scar will be exposed in time to come. I never deny so. That is why there is no single ticket out to happy forever after. Both ways present to u pros and cons, i just thought i should highlight to u before u get hyped up about FUE.

Most importantly, consult a few doctors. The more the merrier. They are the ones doing the ops, not the posters here, including me. No advice is more valuable than from them. If all 10 recommend FUT, what gives? Are u gonna listen to some poster here and go with FUE? Your choice but good luck :)

All the best mate. Remember, surgeons are the experienced ones, not us!

Thank you for your answer it definately put some thoughts in my mind. I do have a question to you or whomever can give me the answer. If i choose a FUT and get a scar that may not be as easy to hide in the future is it possible to get transplantated hair to that region that have been used as a donor region earlier ? I would then use hair from beard or eyebrows etc. I have senn doctors stating that they can transplant hair from those places to head. But i dont know if its possible to get hair transplanted from those regions to an earlier donor region ?

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

I think the biggest concern for you and FUT is that your hair looks good cut short but if you go the fut route, you would most likely be able to see the scar. You would have to grow your hair longer to hide the scar and that a) may not look as good and b) might not work. There are pros and cons with fue as well but one of the pros is that you can still keep your hair short on the sides and back. If you do go the fue route, make sure to go with a doc that does a lot of fue and feel confident with it.

Levrais

Thanks for your reply. I will definately make sure that the doctor have performed a lot of FUE surgerys if i choose that method. I will of course get a surgeon that is recommended by this site.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

I have another quiestion. Today i was told by my doctor that there is a risk starting on propecia. He said that there is a 3-4 % risk developing man boobs that you might need surgery to get rid off. Do anybody have any comments to that statement ?

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

'Manboobs', or gynecomastia, is reported far less frequently than libido issues. Is that the only side effect your doctor mentioned? Even on the forums, which are inevitably a magnet for the unlucky Propecia users who experience intolerable side effects, gyno doesn't seem to be very common.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

the doctor didn't give you a reason why you would get 'man-boobs?'

If that is seriously the case, have you tried Minoxidil?

Well he told me that it was a side effect that some would experience. I just wanted to hear if anybody have heard about a higher risk for developing man boobs. I have decided to take the meds anyway.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.