$9 Finasteride 5mg 30 count at Walmart

Spanker

Yep, I confirmed it today, the SAME bottle of pills that I paid $76 for 4 months ago is now $9 at Walmart without insurance. I read it here before but just thought I would start a thread on it.

The brand is TEVA.

Happy Growing.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I know where I'm taking my next prescription. I thought I was getting a deal at $23.95 a month (which is cheap compared to most). That's another $180 a year I can save.

And Teva makes excellent pharmaceuticals.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

How do you get Proscar without insurance? Do you just need to show ID?

Get a script from a doc

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey guys,

So, I've been planning to get to Walmart to fill my new prescription and decided to just try my regular grocery store pharmacy since I know they price match.

I asked the woman at the counter if they would match Walmart's price and she said sure. When I told her they were getting $9 for 30 pills she looked shocked and a little skeptical. She said she would need to call to confirm.

Upon calling, Walmart told her their price was $4 for 30 pills!!!! That's right...I got 30 5mg pills for only 4 bucks!!!!

The last time I bought my finasteride there it cost me $20 for 30 pills.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...

Just called and Walmart pharmacy confirmed it at $9 for 5mg 30pills. I was just about to get started to Propecia but I guess this would be a very economical substitue. Anyone experienced any issues using Teva finestride against Propecia?

never been on Propecia, but it is the same med. I got a weekly pill thing like (I thought) old people use. Then I cut 2 pills at a time with a razor, immediately taking one and leaving me with a weeks worth in my little pill box. It is a pain cutting them at first but you get used to it pretty quick.

View Spanker's Website

• 1 month later...

Moses, I am pretty sure it is the same medicine. and $70 is reasonable, but $9 is a lot better.

View Spanker's Website

yoyoma,

Just to clarify, did you actually purchase Propecia? This is the 1mg pill not yet available in generic form here in the United States.

To save money (and if your prescribing physician will allow it), you can buy generic Proscar which is the same drug in 5mg form and then quarter the pill.

It's this generic finasteride that has drastically come down in price. As I said above, for some reason, when I bought my last 30 pills, I only paid $4 for them at my local pharmacy after they price matched Walmart.

All the best,

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

• 1 month later...

Paid $6 for 30 pills at walmart, the insurance paid the rest (of course in Alaska is $15 not $9).

If you have insurance it will pay 50% or more depending on your plan for generic RX, and it will pay most of the time cause 5mg pills are supposedly for prostate problems and not just a cosmetic thing. Propecia is not covered though...

• 4 months later...

Boba909,

A prescription is always required for finasteride. I purchased mine with a prescription at my local pharmacy after they agreed to price match Walmart. Incidentally, I just got a refill yesterday. This time I paid $9.

Boba909,

A prescription is always required for finasteride. I purchased mine with a prescription at my local pharmacy after they agreed to price match Walmart. Incidentally, I just got a refill yesterday. This time I paid $9.

I have insurance but have to co-pay $20 for each office visit. Do you think my family doctor can write me a script without having to co-pay?

Boba909,

I suppose it depends on what kind of relationship you have with him. It doesn't hurt to call his office. I got my original prescription from Dr. Alexander but I only had to mention to my GP and my dermatologist that I was taking finasteride and they both offered me prescriptions without me even asking.