Is my transplant a failure?

NeedAdjusting

I had my first HT in 2003, the doctor was cautious and advised me to go for a small session since I was in my early twenties, I had my second about a month ago where I had 800 singles and 280 doubles and triples.

I would appreciate feedback on the distance between the transplanted hairs at the hairline, my analysis is that there is too much of a gap in between the hairs yielding very low density of 12-15 hairs per cm2, resulting in a failed hairline attempt.

If you can confirm the above, then what would you adivse to adjust, ready and willing to redo.

5b32cbba39f3c_Beforefront.jpg.4f2cc0367c2d787216e0ba432a607313.jpg

5b32cbba4e66e_Beforeleft.jpg.a3fe6824b5f8daa966fadce2a11042ed.jpg

5b32cbba64e4f_Beforeright.jpg.6f88ed524336e59434df047c33359932.jpg

5b32cbba7295b_Nextdayfront.jpg.2a352f0a1d3e73c2d6b61174f3df5690.jpg

5b32cbba8fddd_Nextdayleft1.jpg.f83241be186141abff80a88ea8b333f1.jpg

5b32cbbaa27aa_Nextdayright1.jpg.45c06577d12d52cd945a1d5bcf48f787.jpg

An unknown doctor in the Middle East.

Thanks for the honesty Sparky and being gentle about it, what do you think this is going to look like 8 months down the line?

The hairs appear so widespread to me, compared to other succesful examples here, that I don't think this hair line is going to hold any ground and it's going to look like a mess.

Any advice on how to adjust?

NA,

I dont think these pics are hi res enough to make an assesment. I would suggest doing an inperson consult with a reputable Dr or at least taking some hi res pics and doing an online consult.

Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

The pictures are fine and those large scabs are a telling sign that you are right about the large gaps. Fortunately this can be fixed by placing true follicular units in between those gaps. I was in the same situation as you and Dr. Feller did an excellent job repairing it. If you spend some time researching on this site you will get a good idea of which docs you should consult. Good luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

to be honest, i thought the pics reflect exactly what it is. I can safely say that i agree with u NeedAdjusting that the gaps are a bit too wide for my liking. and the incisions seem a bit coarse. However, whether or not ur HT is doomed from the beginning is anyone's guess. Its not a common problem or question we see here so i would agree that you should get an online consultation. In fact, if i were u, i would knock on one of the recommended doc's clinic for a consultation.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Those look like the mini/micro graft type grafts I had done in 1994. Definitely not up to todays standards by far.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Waveskier, thanks for the comment.

The scabs have come off, it's been a month and here are some current photos even though I dont think these should be used for reference since it has only been a month.

Thing is when comparing my 1 day post op hair line pics to any of those here, its very clear that the distance between the hairs is too much, I was just reading the dense pasking section of Dr. Feller as per hairthere's recommendation, and it might be beacuse my doc just doesn't have the latest equipment, or technique to achieve the minimal distances.

Front.jpg.97e27be6c6b3fba2192e684178c1b461.jpg

Left.jpg.58df7ba1ccb02bbaddd60b3d075a01fa.jpg

Right.jpg.ba77ca9f04ea0e9dda90359f86cf8b31.jpg

NA, The bad news is that those incisions/scabs do look large and are spaced far apart. That does indicate that as rcwest pointed out, your doc may have used mini grafts. The good news is that you can use those minis and your native hair as a foundation to build around with some refined work by a top doc. Right now all you can do is wait it out for a year and in the meantime consult with some other doctors. If you look at my pics you will see I went through something similar....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Don't you think he should wait a bit before making such as harsh judgment? Or at least let the scabs come off? Just seems too early to write it off. Maybe one of the Docs can comment.

Good luck!

I have borrowed a post op day pic of Sparky(Thanks) just for comparison.

Can you really compare the density/packing/distance between the 2 pics along the hairline? I just can't, so dissapointed, I think i've actually made it worse.

5b32cbbb042c2_Sparkyrightdensity.jpg.d3268c33a9afd3b48fa67ef2bfb22b3b.jpg

5b32cbbb15ec3_Nextdayright1.jpg.150e6afcf06819bd6fc8b156f4b7a2a5.jpg

Whether it is a failure should not be judged at this stage but yes the grafts appear to be very sparse and the incisions really big it does look like mini and micro grafts of the 90's I went through the same repair. That said it would be unfair to judge at this early stage and besides your head needs time to recover before considering your next move, I hope things turn out for you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

NA,

I agree with the others that its to early to make a final judgement. It wont hurt though to start researching Drs for any future work. I think if you search the results on the patient websites, you will see lots of good results from many different doctors on this site. You will also see which doctors are doing a lot or repair work.

Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

NeedAdjusting,

Welcome to our community and thanks for sharing your photos and concerns with this community.

Firstly, don't lose hope. While I suspect you won't achieve your ultimate goals from this hair transplant, you can always consult other reputable surgeons recommended by this community after your results from this procedure grow in to help get you to where you want to be.

In my opinion, wait it out and see how your results turn out. Then, you can consider consulting with leading Coalition surgeons well known for doing ultra refined work.

Best wishes in restoring your hair,

Bill

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, It has been 8 months now since my transplant so here are some pics,

As a reminder, I had my first HT in 2003, the doctor was cautious and advised me to go for a small session since I was in my early twenties, I had my second in November 2010 where I had 800 singles and 280 doubles and triples(Both unknown doctors) I felt like the transplanted hairs were too widespread at the hairline, my analysis is that there is too much of a gap in between the hairs yielding very low density of 12-15 hairs per cm2, resulting in a failed hairline attempt.

Not sure if should present my case as one requiring correction as I am, as most are, looking for the highest density/lowered hairline.

I am considering Dr. Rahal or Dr. Hasson for my next session, any advice would be much appreciated?

• 4 months later...