Need advice for hair system

meh

I am in my early 20's and suffer from aggressive hair loss. I do not look good with the whole bald look so i am interested in a hair system. Unfortunately i do not know much about the business and i hear a lot of ppl get screwed. So i am looking for advice. Basically i want a piece that is both durable and realistic. I constantly workout (about 4 times a week), thus sweat and smell will probably be issues i must consider. need advice on bonding, application, maintenance, and what systems to buy and where.

Meh,

While a hair system is always an option (and I recommend utilizing our search function to search relevant terms and find the best information on hair systems), I also highly recommend looking into preventive hair loss therapies like Propecia/finasteride, and Rogaine/minoxidil. At your age, these can make a huge difference and could theoretically get you to a more acceptable, stabilized level and open the door to other options in the future (looking into a partial hair system, hair transplant surgery, etc). Good luck!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Meh..

There are lots of opinions about systems on this site....some good some bad...

I would do alot of research before you jump in. I used to wear one for 5-6 years and it IS a major pain in the ass. Although they can look good, the maintinence required is painstaking and constant. and they dont look perfect..

Sweating and working out isnt a problem....but the more you do you have to re attach...and when you leave thehouse you wonder if the bond will hold...

The previous post is VERY good advice.....

To be v v honest, i would second Blake's opinion and get on the meds. I tried hair systems but could not get past 2 weeks. Deep down, i just felt something was wrong and i was even more depressed than before. In the end, i chunked it and felt like i was unshackled. There will be constant worrying if others can detect, plus the discomfort when i perspire.

However, the plus side is, maybe u can try and if u dun like it, u can just chunk it ( monetary loss of course ) but at least its reversible unlike a hair transplant

Good luck!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hair systems can be difficult, but once you get the hang on how to attach, remove and care for them, it's not difficult at all.

If Rogaine or other legitimate treatments grow back your hair, there is nothing better - BUT if not, a high-quality hair system is a great alternative.

...You need to start with a good system from a good supplier. That system will match your hair color and density and, when cut in by a skilled stylist, will blend perfectly with your own natural hair.

It used to be that if you wanted the best attachment, you needed to use a liquid adhesive. Liquid adhesives are time-consuming and messy to apply, remove and clean up. There are some terrific new tapes on the market. Attaching your system with tape takes only a few minutes and, depending on which tape you use, can last up to 10 - 14 days before it needs to be replaced.

There is a learning curve, like with everything else, but after a while, you'll stop worrying if it looks right or if anybody can tell that you're wearing a rug - you'll even forget that you have it on. Y

Beemark. maybe u r right :) i shld ve given it more time but alas i just felt it was not meant to me :) I could not get past the first 2 weeks. I have seen online and even the seller for my hair piece had a perfect piece. It looks extremely natural to be honest. Though he was v upfront that his loss was too aggressive that he had no choice but to don a hair piece as his donor was just too scarce.

Anyway, my point is i have seen very natural looks from hair piece wearers, just that i could not accept it :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

• 4 months later...