13 Weeks out, 2700 grafts in frontal scalp, Dr. Alexander

Speegs

Hi all,

EDIT: PICTURES BELOW, first two of one week post op, next three are of 13 weeks post op.

Will post pics shortly of the procedure i had with Dr. Scott Alexander back on 8/13/2010, here we are at 13 weeks post op and the best description in lieu of the coming photos is that my grafts look like they did immediately post op, a frontal scalp full of protruding short hairs, though of lesser diameter, emerging from the scalp and forming a good face framing hairline and enough density to add hair color to the recipient area.

So first impressions, does it sound like I'm on track? I'll have photos up soon, have to downsize them for upload.

can't tell if all 2700 have begun to grow, density quality won't be known for months i suppose but the hairline is flourishing.

Do I sound as though I'm headed for a good restoration? A head of schedule or behind you think? I ask because I shed real quick, by the end of day three and four I was shedding scabs and hairs after surgery.

100_0159.jpg.b6a3299e690dd901f090b0399093c034.jpg

100_0163.jpg.ad3a48ee6b84ba36ffdf53b8b1dcbb3c.jpg

DSCN3679.jpg.ef3d77068c519b92776a9526b6c2202d.jpg

DSCN3680.jpg.29c956ed2a886f25e946bd7ffd211671.jpg

DSCN3682.jpg.7fb0cd0444d9075749b92e6776e0c848.jpg

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Speegs,

Although you're still very early and it's hard to tell at this point, growth at around the 3rd month mark (where I believe you stated you were) is a good thing! Sounds like you're moving along nicely. Keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Speegs,

Like Blake said, it's a little early in the process to make any projections. Based on the photos you've posted I think everything looks perfectly normal and the fact that you are seeing growth already is great!

All the grafts will not sprout at the same time but will slowly fill in over the next few months.

I know it's tough but hang in there. Dr. Alexander does fantastic work and I'm thrilled with how natural my hairline looks. I'm sure yours will be great too!

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

Its difficult to assess without seeing where you were prior. With that being said, every patient is different. There's no bench marks you should be shooting for at this point. If in a couple months things aren't looking better, then you might be concerned but right now you're still in the recovery/doldrums phase.

If you look a few threads down you'll see my progress thread. It looks like I may have a little more growth than you but part of that might be because I had a more hair to begin with.

Happy growing man! When the nice weather rolls around, you'll have great hair to enjoy it in!

Speegs,

I can tell you that I had 2000 grafts in the same area you did and I am now 4months post op. Mine looked just about the same as yours at 13 weeks. the best growth for me is JUST NOW occurring. It was a bit discouraging when I would see other guys at 3 months with a lot more hair than I had, but I am feeling better all the time.

My hairs seem to be thin as well but they are progressing better than they were just 2 weeks ago. Some of us just start off a little slower than others. Smile and just sit back and let it happen. Believe me I know how you feel.

Aloha Russ

Edited by waveskier

Don't worry about Dr. A's work. Just be patient. You are just now entering the 3-4 month mark where they are coming out of the sleep phase.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D