5932 grafts with Dr Victor Hasson on 26th Oct 2010.(Blood rayne aka Aman India)

amanindia

Hey everyone!!Finally i managed to get 5932 grafts with the best doctor.It was,it is % it will be a long journey.

I have been fighting with hair loss since 10 long years & finally after a long research & financial struggle i have managed to get a surgery with the numerouno for mega-sessions Dr Victor Hsson of Vancouver Canada.The day of surgery was 26th October and it was a long tiring day for me.The surgery started at 7.30 sharp and went on till 12.30 am.I stopped Rogaine 5% 3 months back so no excess bleeding was there but due to less movement, no stretching my clothes bacame sweaty and i even had low bp and due to which i became unconscious for some time.But Dr Hasson gave me some liquids via trip in my vein & i recovered sooN.

Here is the breakdown:

1 hair follicular unit grafts - 1977

2 hair follicular unit grafts - 3573

3/4 hair follicular unit grafts - 382

The donor strip was 32 cm x 2.0-3.0cm (width varies along scalp).

In this painful journey few people have helped me a lot .

1.Bill (Bill Managing Publisher of this site)~~~i owe you man.You are like God for me.You have helped me whenever there was a need.

2.My parents,Shlomo,Pgdon & everyone from this site.

My pics

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - amanindia's Profile

Edited by amanindia

Amaninindia,

Congratulations on your recent procedure with Dr. Hasson! As you are well aware, he's a fantastic hair restoration surgeon, and you've made an excellent decision selecting him to perform your procedure. The work looks very clean, dense, and refined, and I hope you'll keep us updated on your continual progress. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Amaninindia,

Congratulations on your recent procedure with Dr. Hasson! As you are well aware, he's a fantastic hair restoration surgeon, and you've made an excellent decision selecting him to perform your procedure. The work looks very clean, dense, and refined, and I hope you'll keep us updated on your continual progress. Good luck!

Thank you so much Blake.I have been closely following this site & H&W for almost 4 years .After immense research i decided to go for the best in world for mega sessions.Victor Hasson is a very wonderful man..My surgery started at 7.30 and got finished at 12.30 am.Dr hasson treats his patients gently & he does the work professionally.:o

good luck with growth my friend i cant tell you how enviouse i am of you i had 3500 in july with dr H wish i could of got 5000+ look forward to seeing your progress j:D

Thanks mate and i wish you too have a great result with H&W.God bless you.

Amanindia,

Congratulations on finally taking the plunge and undergoing your hair transplant with the world renowned Dr. Hasson. Your surgical photos look terrific and I expect you'll have magnificent results with such a large number of follicular units.

Expect the next couple of months to be a bit difficult as you go through various phases of healing and waiting, including the potential of recipient and donor area shock loss, etc. Know that these awkward stages are only temporary and in 6 to 12 months you should start to see some amazing changes.

I encourage you to document your progress with photos and share them with this community. I've taken the liberty of adding your patient website and a link to your photo album in your forum signature.

I look forward to following your progress. After all, I've talked to you so much over the last couple of years, I feel like I know you :-).

Bill

Thanks Bill i was anxiously waiting for your comment only.Remember one thing.This all has happened because you were there whenever i needed help.You are a true gentleman & i would recommend this site to everyone who is suffering from Male Pattern Baldnesss.

good luck with growth my friend i cant tell you how enviouse i am of you i had 3500 in july with dr H wish i could of got 5000+ look forward to seeing your progress j:D

Hi Aman india and J

Could you guys please elaborate as to the reasons Aman india got such a big megasession and J could not. does that mean aman indias scar is much bigger than J's scar. Also, what are the factors that determine the size of the session and how were the factors different in your cases?

Dear Daniel,

The size of the session depends upon three factors.

1.Your hair density at the donor area.If density is great then you can have great mega session and fewer surgeries.

2.Laxity:If your scalp laxity at the donor area is pretty good and ready for more tension then you might end up having a bigger session.

3.A lot depends upon upon your goals and the capability of the doctor as well.

Dude your hairloss was much less than mine.I was completely bald at the crown mid and front therefore more grafts were required to cover up the area however your hairloss looks minimal in front of mine.You have received the perfect no of grafts for your type of hairloss.

Generally the size/width of the stip will not affect the scar. If the surgeon is malicious and removes too much, that can have an effect on how the scar heals.

To put this into perspective, grab the back of your hair with both hands and wiggle/pull it up and down. Thats whats we're referring to when we talk about laxity. Some doctors suggest doing scalp exercises to loosen the skin, thus enabling a larger strip to be extracted. If a doctor takes too much, the skin will be too tight and could stetch the scar.

Thanks Great Spex.I am very thankful to you as well because your various posts regarding Hair Transplant helped me a lot when i was preparing for the surgery..I have seen your results and trust me mate you look great.God bless you.

Am I the only person who thinks that the strip was taken very high? There is no way that strip is within the safe zone.

Why do you think so?What are the side effects of this?Could you please explain.Do you doubt the legacy of Dr Victor Hasson?

Danielkiwi,

You asked about the scar once, and got an answer from two patients yet for some reason you asked again. To answer your question, no, if a strip is bigger it does not mean that the scar will be wider.

Here is a picture of a donor scar after 7700 plus grafts in one session. If the scar were to be a direct result of the size of the tissue removed then by your logic this scar would be perhaps 1cm in width compared to a session of say 2000 grafts in one session. I hope this helps to further clarify this for you.

7kscar.jpg?813390543

TC17,

We have addressed the placement of some of our donor strips in the past. I am not familiar with the specifics of Aman's strip removal but usually Dr. Hasson will take the best hair on a virgin scalp. The best hair is usually in the safe zone which is one reason why it is called the safe zone and this will dictate where Dr. Hasson removes the strip.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe/TC17,

i really appreciate your input & i think no one can doubt the legacy of Victor Hasson who has done more than 4000 transplants in his life.What TC17 is point at is that the strip hasnt been taken from the safe zone & therefore future hairloss can be seen in the transplanted zone.I dont think there is a more capable doctor on this planet than Dr Hasson & Dr Jerry Wong & thats why i traveled almost 13000 miles to meet him &i feel he is a real professional & he has done some best transplants you would ever see.I feel that Dr Hasson must have thought of something really good before removing the strip.I would request everyone to throw some light on this topic if you have any doubts or questions.

Everyone,

Hasson & Wong are said to be the best hair transplant doctors because they do really big mega - sessions and they have maintained consistency in their work.There is a reason behind everything that Victor Hasson does.I remember Dr Hasson telling me that shaving the head at the time of surgery makes the procedure pretty easy as that enables the doctor to see where the best hair are.After examining the doctor extracts the best hair & put them in the bald area.I feel he has done whatever was best for me.Thanks everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your response joe. i have consulted with numerous surgeons recommended on this network in the US and asked them why they dont perform larger sessions as consistently as H&W. They answered saying that the scar becomes difficult to manage and they dont want to give larger scars...so, if i am understanding this correctly, you are saying that a 6000 graft session will have a same scar as a 300 graft session!! that would be incredible if your clinic could do that as other clinics have not told me the same..honestly, i am also not totally convinced with this theory but i am not saying this is not possible..just performing my due diligence

Danielkiwi,

You asked about the scar once, and got an answer from two patients yet for some reason you asked again. To answer your question, no, if a strip is bigger it does not mean that the scar will be wider.

Here is a picture of a donor scar after 7700 plus grafts in one session. If the scar were to be a direct result of the size of the tissue removed then by your logic this scar would be perhaps 1cm in width compared to a session of say 2000 grafts in one session. I hope this helps to further clarify this for you.

7kscar.jpg?813390543

TC17,

We have addressed the placement of some of our donor strips in the past. I am not familiar with the specifics of Aman's strip removal but usually Dr. Hasson will take the best hair on a virgin scalp. The best hair is usually in the safe zone which is one reason why it is called the safe zone and this will dictate where Dr. Hasson removes the strip.