Bleaching - any updates?

I've had a search through the forum, but the old posts I could find are super old - so wondering if anyone learnt anything new yet.

7 months out of an HT, am I safe to go for a full bleach / coloring yet?

I like to dye my hair blue - but the spray is costing a fortune, lol, so I want to just do it with a permanent, which would mean a bleach first.

Any ideas?

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

In my opinion colouring/bleaching your hair is one of the worst things you can do to it. I would stay away from it completely, if you can. I know the product and some experts tell you it is safe but I won't touch the stuff myself, not with a ten foot poll.

I agree that your hair looks cool bleached with that wave it has to it. But, bleaching is very hard on hair and the scalp. If you react to the wrong kind of solution you could kill Dr. Path's work! The most I would do is frost it, where you pull strands through the foam cap and put the paste on it. That way nothing touches your scalp:D.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I've never had a problem with bleach, even harsh bleach. Personally, I think the fears are exaggerated. I would rather my natural hair color but there is no denying bleach helps HT hair, especially if you have lighter skin and darker hair. It gives you more illusion of density, it helps disguise the nasty course spiky darker HT hair against the scalp as well as with other hair, because the light bounces off the tips of the hair instead of going down to your shiny balding scalp. It helps miniaturizing hair too so that all three types of hair, HT, miniature and permanent mix well.

can someone please enlighten me why someone would want to bleach their hair? there is probably an obvious answer, I cannot come up with one.

I apologize for my ignorance.

I like making my hair blue, like this:

10_04_giorgos_charalambos.jpg

But to get the best result, you need to bleach your hair first (so it's super light) - then apply the blue.

If you don't do this, it will 1) not go so vivid and 2) wash out really quickly.

At the moment I am using something like this:

18011R.jpg

But it only lasts one day, thus is getting quite expensive :)

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

can someone please enlighten me why someone would want to bleach their hair? there is probably an obvious answer, I cannot come up with one. I apologize for my ignorance.

Well, I apologize for my arrogance, but at 167 posts you beat me!:)

It's called false modesty which is the same as THE ILLUSION of HAIR!!!!

which is the same as why we are here on this site, and why we use bleach!!

It makes you look like you have more hair than you really do!!!;)