illuminated 5 month (nearly 6) update - something wrong here!!

illuminated

ALL,

An update.

I took 1/5th Proscar daily for 3 months but noticed quite a few negative effects including some ED such as: much lower libido, loss of erection strength, no 'morning wood', greatly decreased ejaculate volume.

Coming off 1/5th Proscar for just over a month has so far reduced the negative effects but not eliminated them so far.

In the past 2 weeks I am experiencing a MASSIVE SHED.

Today I tried massaging my scalp with some olive hair oil and you can see from the pictures attached how much hair has shed. Previously I tried some coconut oil and a similar amount shed then too!

021120101468.jpg

Post wash (semi dry) pics:

021120101472.jpg

021120101474.jpg

021120101475.jpg

Dry pic:

021120101477.jpg

the hairs that fineest where keeping growing have now died and are falling out because you have stopped the use and dht is climbing again and making your scalp concentration rise killing the follicles and increasing MPB..:)

illuminated,

I agree that the massive shedding could be due to the continuation of male pattern baldness now that you're no longer taking finasteride. Understand all benefits are lost once you stop taking the drug and genetics will take over. How much hair you will lose and how fast can't be determined however, given that you've already had a lot of hair before your hair transplant (as per the photos on your hair loss website), your hair may start to appear thinner with time and future loss, even as your hair transplant grows in.

You could always consider taking smaller dosages of finasteride, for instance, 1mg every other day to see if that helps reduce the hair shedding and the side effects or you could consider other treatments like Rogaine (minoxidil) or alternative scientifically backed products that may have provide you with some benefit. To see which products we recommend, visit our online hair loss product shop.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

What is alarming is the rapid loss by the handful in the past 2 weeks.

I was only taking Fin for 3 months and I started 1 month post the HT so I am not certain if in that 3 months it did that much 'good' and now that I have stopped it (for 6 weeks so far), bunches of hair are falling out.

The ED affects have been quite severe for me so I am not sure about continuing it just yet, however, I am continuing with Minoxidil 5% once at night

The problem at the moment is that I am left with BOTH falling hair and ED effects from the Fin.

Would 3 months of fin really cause that???

I am not an expert but I kinda find taht hard to believe.

Luckinly I have not had any problems with fin so I plan on sticking with it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

im not sure what everybodys take on this is but what do you think of my theory?

basicaly i was always led to beleive by write ups and info on the net that hair follicles growing from the follicle can not change structure etc etc for the better or worse mid growth cycle???

there for any permanent or significant change to the condition of the follicle or the enviroment in which the follicle is growing ie, your scalp for better or worse (like when finest use is started or ended as dht levels go up and down and directly affect the follicle like dht does reducing bloodflow etc)

would result in the follicle shedding the hair fibre in order to regrow in line with the changed conditions. there for its reasonable to beleive that as the author was only using finest for 3months that infact it didnt really save many hairs so to speak but more than likely did have a significant effect on increased blood flow to the scalp lower dht levels and healthier hair growing enviroment???

and now that the author has stopped useing finest the dht is high again and that has reduced blood flow and the condition in which the follicle is growing resulting in the follicles shedding the hairs to rest and regrow in line with the new conditions!

i guess a kind of diluted SHOCKLOSS brought on by the combination of factors most likely the change in enviroment of the follicle incl,reducedblood flow and increased dht all starving the follicles due to the finest no longer being used!!!!!!!

it stands to reason this similar to a form of shedding that you experiance when you first start any hair care med finest duts minox except with the start of the meds mentioned the shedded hairs are shed to regrow stronger how ever this time they have shed to regrow weaker.................. instead of stronger the sequence in revers you could say!

:confused:

Edited by j1j9j85

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, an update.

Basically, whilst taking a shower, my body hair (from the genital area upwards) is coming away from my body much more easily. For example, if I just scrub myself or even pull at the hair a bit, it comes away. This is *exactly* what was happening when I tried massaging oil in to my hair - the hair was just coming away with my hand.

Could this be some hormonal changes as a result of stopping the Proscar?

Okay guys, an update.

Basically, whilst taking a shower, my body hair (from the genital area upwards) is coming away from my body much more easily. For example, if I just scrub myself or even pull at the hair a bit, it comes away. This is *exactly* what was happening when I tried massaging oil in to my hair - the hair was just coming away with my hand.

Could this be some hormonal changes as a result of stopping the Proscar?

you're saying that your chest hair is falling out? you sure you're not imagining this?

you're saying that your chest hair is falling out? you sure you're not imagining this?

Definitely not imagining it - I can literally unbutton my shirt, reach into my chest and pull a few hair out with very little effort at all. As mentioned, this became apparent when I was showering. This is also consistent with how my hair was just 'coming out' when massaging oil into my scalp.

I have also, this morning, just noticed that I have acne/spots on my back and chest - I have also been getting a few spots on my face/forhead which I never even got in my teenage years!