New poster, first transplant UK

justinp

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum!!

I’m booked in at Dolan Park next month to have the first of 2 2000 graft sessions.

The price I have accepted is ?2.50 per graft.

I’ve research Dolan Park and at first panicked due to bad reports but have noticed that only 1 surgeon (Dr goldstone) actually gets any bad reports so im happy to go with that Hospital as long as Dr Goldstone does not perform the transplant.

I cant find any horror stories relating to Dr Peter Williams or Dr Ziering.

My question is: as a norwood VI would 2 sessions of 2000 give adequate coverage, it seems a little optimistic.

From a sales point of view I would have thought the salesman would have sold me more grafts and not less than was needed?

Also why didnt they offer to do the whole lot in 1 session instead of 2 sessions 5 months apart?

Will this mean 2 scars?

I was intending to have FUE but have been advised by the salesman that as I have a limited donor area im not suitable for this method? Is there ant truth in this?

justin

Edited by justinp

4k grafts on a nw6 will deff give you some change but if you're looking for the illusion of having a decent head hair that probably wont do it.

I'd be hesitant going to any clinic that had a history of unhappy patients. Just remember, you oly have so many shots at this. Its nice to get the best deal possible but once your donor runs out, is out. Ask any of the guys that are getting repaired. I bet they'd wish they either saved up a little longer or travelled a little further to a reputable doc oppose to staying local.

Since you have limited donor, thats possibly the the reason for 2 sessions of 2k oppose to one big one, they may not be able to harvest a single session of 4k grafts and that also might be why they only recommend 4k instead of 6-7k.

If I were you, I'd do a little more research and have a consultation with a few other clinics. Even online consultation if that's your only option. Being a nw6 with limited donor supply is deff not the best equation when diving into this.

I'm not trying to steer you away from having your transplant but you need to consider all the variables. Once you go under the knife, that scar is sticking with you for life.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

justinp,

Scar can definitely be treated with FUE but results vary. You can find examples here on this forum of patients who have received FUE in the scar.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I have now found out that my HT will be carried out by Dr Peter Williams.

I cant find anyone complaining about his work on here so thats a good thing!! :)

It looks like he has done 1000 HT in 7 years but has had no training according to his career printout.

Hospital Group seriously needs to update there web site and get the Dr Goldstone off, hes not popular at all!

The surgeons now at Bromsgrove are Dr Craig Ziering, Dr Arthur Katona and Dr Peter Williams.

Apparently Ziering has retrained all the staff last year when he joined them.

I cant find any info on here about Dr Peter Williams though.

Hi,

Why don't you have a look at the recommended HT surgeon section of this forum and given it some consideration?

I wouldn't have a HT done by a clinic which has had poor results. Another consideration is what is their backup plan if the procedure doesn't work?

I had my HT done in Thailand and I did a lot of research. The clinic I chose was well supported by this forum and numerous online positive results.

If I were you I would do some more due diligence before coughing up any cash.

Regards

Rod

Justin P,

You onlylivetwice offers some very good advice here, as a norwood 6 I have been there and have the tee shirt. Have you met any patients of the doctor in person?

Is 4k of grafts going to give you the coverage and density you want, it's unlikely on a norwood 6 but it depends on what your expectations are, also why 2 sessions for 4000 grafts?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 4 weeks later...

You need to know who these people are....the people owing the clinic, running the clinic..their policies in case of complications ..etc...seems to me that you liked the person and don't know much about their expertise...anyway, did they show you their own before or afters...not just the clinics?

PLEASE-PLEASE just lose your ?500 deposit and DONT GET IT DONE THERE AT DOLAN PARK.

Youve seen the WARNINGS ,why dont you just take them.

For starters youll lose more than the ?500 deposit to get your scar repaired as they cant perform tricho closures and they cant get over 2000 graphs in a session as its not a proper team of experts.

Youll probably get 1700 graphs in the 2nd session and be left sparce and wide donor scar to fix.

For Gods sakes man just save up and go to Farjo or as i did Thailand Dr.PATH whos pricicng is similar or another coalition surgeon of your choice.

I didnt listen,neither did others and weve lived to regret it,do you want to join our club?????????????

• 3 weeks later...

I found/find these forums useful so wanted to add my comment to try and help others. I have signed up now because I'm researching a second HT.

I had a HT at THG (in fact it was carried out by Dr Williams). More than a year on its improved but nowhere near as much as I would have hoped. Its helped add some density to the transplanted areas (I had/have a widow's peak and got some to regrow using Regain etc) but its still what I term "them and us!" IOW, you can clearly see the difference between the original hair and the stuff that was transplanted. The hairs on the front have massive gaps between them and seem very thin and weak.

I wouldn't reccomend them for the sort of HT I had and (penny drops) wish I had had more confidence to go abroad instead - but it was difficult doing it in secret from family.

The Dr was very pleasant and I couldn't complain about how I was treated on the day but fully appreciate that counts for nothing 12 months on!

I personally didn't like the salesman (a Bal Singh?) who was a typical salesman. I always remember him saying they would "pack" the transplanted hair around the existing/regrown hair. I wouldn't call it packing!

I was also treated poorly leading up to the transplant. Alarm bells were ringing!

Oh well, it kept me quiet for 12 months now its on to the second HT. I'm keen to lower the hair-line as I have a very high hair-line. Dr Devroye in Belgium seems to be the favourite at the moment so hoping for a consultation in the new year. Again, have found this site very useful in researching him! All good it seems.