One More Megasession booked....

hairthere

Well, I just booked with Dr. Feller for one more megasession for late February. I am hoping this is the last surgery I will have to undergo for some time. Definitely excited to get this done, and sadly feel like an old pro at this procedure.

My plan is to do 2500+ grafts concentrating on the area around the crown and vertex that has thinned, leaving a bit of an island from the last strip session. The remainder will go into the area immediately behind my hairline and towards the vertex. This should finally get me off of using dermatch for good, which has been a savior as well as a pain to wash off my pillow sheets!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere,

Congratulations! I'm sure you have mixed emotions going into yet another procedure but I'm confident you'll finally arrive at the results you've been looking for. Please keep us posted on your progress.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Yes this is my third strip, although the first one didn't yield much due to the surgeon, Joseph Karamikian, being a hack. He has since been run out of business (thankfully). I did have fue in april just to reconstruct my temple points.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere,

In my experience, getting back in the chair is a bittersweet feeling. While no surgery is a walk in the park and going through the healing period and doldrums aren't all that fun, it's exciting to think about the additional density/coverage you'll have 12 months later :-).

You've definitely selected one of the best physicians and I trust you'll be in excellent hands. I truly hope you'll be sharing your experience and pictures with us so that we can support you on your journey. Lord knows you've been very helpful and supportive to many of our members and guests over the years. We certainly want to do the same for you :-).

Best wishes for even thicker, fuller hair :-)

Bill

Bill, Taking the plunge, Spex: Thanks so much for the well wishes and offer of support. I don't know what I would have done had I never found this forum. I probably would have taken Karamikian up on his offer for another free surgery, and what a waste that would have been.

I will definitely document this strip surgery and continue to be here to support the members of this forum.

tsakalos, technically this is my second strip megasession and I have two scars. The first was for barely 600 grafts and was placed too low. The second procedure was for 3200 grafts. I am aware that every surgery comes with risks, although I do not recall reading why a third procedure holds greater risks for the donor area and can effect yield. If you have specific examples please point me to them .Thanks!

azn guy, Thanks bro. Your Ht with Dr. Cooley is going to look awesome when it' all grown in...

megatron, Thanks! With dermatch my hair does indeed look awesome, and the hairline that Dr. Feller created looks incredible. Lucky for me I also have ridiculously thick hair which has really helped with the density. Unfortunately I have had further thinning, and one of the areas that thinned is around the crown work I had done. I also have some thinning in the vertex. Like I said, the dermatch yields great results, but I've grown tired of putting it on.

I do not have a blog right now although I will start one to track the progress of this upcoming HT and to show the history of work I had done.

Edited by hairthere