recovery time

I was just wondering. With all the advancement in surgical techniques, has there been any improvement in the recovery time. i remember seeing pics a year or so ago, and even after 3 or 4 mos ( in cases where doc shaved the head), you ended up looking worse then before. Say you had some hair, and u are using toppik. after surgery, if they shaved ur head, toppik won't work for at least 3 mos, from what i remember. so everyone at work, and well, elsewhere, knows ur secret now.

So again, has there been any improvement?

Thanks guys. the info i get from this forum is preiceless.

As far as I know, nothing has changed with respect to recovery time as of a couple of years ago. I am curious why you think Toppik cant be used until 3 months after surgery even if the head is shaved. Your old hair should grow back albeit to a lesser extent due to shock loss but there should be enough hair for the Toppik to adhere to.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

recovery times are different depending on the individual! some heal fast while others start growing staright away for example, its hard to say some men at 3 months look like others at 6 months! how ever by 12 months they could be around the same for example....

also i find shock loss as already mentiona big factor! as my shock loss around certain points around the strip scar are going to take all of 5 months to reduce where as the new implanted grafts are growing now at 3 months!

but in general NO procedures have moved on leaps and bounds and to some extent the healing period is alot quicker and cleaner..... but the time taken for shock loss and grafts to grow is the same........ dependent on the individual of course!!!!!!

:)

I concur with the guys. I do not agree that there is much difference pertaining to recovery time years ago and now.

You asked an acute question. Point is, its tough to hide. I was at home ( on mc ) the first week and presumably u are going for a 2k grafts FUT/FUE, there is no way u can hide. Thats my personal opinion. I donned a cap for the first month and told my colleagues that i had scalp infection. I sport an ugly comb over and used toppik after the first month. At my fourth month now, i am looking much better but still sporting the comb over... time passes slowly guys... sigh

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

in my original post, i mistyped. i meant using toppik effectively after one month mark is iffy at best. i mean, from what i have seen, in cases where they shave heads, the best u can expect is a stubble after one-month (which is the most is can expect to take off from work), and using toppik only helps when you have some hair, even comb-over helps in that case, but with a stubble, it would look clownish.

Thanks for your response guys. i was under the impression that with the advent of very small, almost nano blades, the recovery time would go down dramatically, but guess not yet.Just a matter of toughing it out for the long-term gain.

Paris.