Dandruff and Hair Transplant--A really bad combo!!

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this wonderful forum. This is my first post.

I suffer from chronic dandruff. In course of time, I lost too much hair after applying all available shampoos. Now, I know that dandruff cannot be cured.

On Norwood scale I am between V and VI.

I have following questions for my fellow friends on this forum:

1. I suffer from dandruff. I am going for Hair Transplant this year (Nov..likely).

Will I lose transplanted hair again in 3-5 yrs because of dandruff or will it last for ever or may be 10-15 years at least? [PS- I know that dandruff don't cause hairloss but indirectly it does because strong shampoos make your hair brittle and you lose them in course of this. At least, this happened to me]

2. Recently, I was introduced to Bollywood [indian cinema] by my fellow Indian friends. They showed me an actor called Salmaan Khan with his before and after pics. I was really impressed if that is true. Any idea how many grafts has he done and where has he got it done in India? [This is a question to Indian folks on this forum..not sure if others know this guy.]

3. I am considering coming to India and get HT from Dr.Madhu. I have read good things about him on this forum. But, would appreciate opinions from folks who have got HT from him.

Thank you very much. Please reply.

Best Regards

Dandruff does not cause hair loss unless you are scratching really hard. Your transplants will be fine. Dandruff shampoos are usually beneficial to hair loss like Swimmy said.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Nizoral sucks. I am using prescription shampoo Loprox and a foam Olux??

It does help but dandruff comes back once I stop. I think dandruff cannot be cured.

I don't know if HT is worth it, if I will lose hair again because of dandruff.

Comments?

firstly go and see a dermatoligist about your scalp it might be somehting more problematic than normal dandruff and also have a full body medical check you could have some underlying problem if your dandruff is as bad and stubborn as you say it is!!!!!!

and if nizoral 2% the prescription version doesnt work then you have a very severe problem as 2% ket which is in nizoral usually does the trick with bad dandruff, i speak from experinace!

and yes i would recomend not having surgery on your scalp untill you get this problem sorted as it will only hinder your gains and growth!!!!!! and lets face it thats what you are paying for so you will be wasting your own money!

hope this helps:D

Like I said earlier, I am taking prescription shampoo and foam as recommended by the Dermatologist. I have used Nizoral in the past, it works but temporarily. If you stop using it, dandruff will come back. Doctor said there is no permanent cure of dandruff, in fact he was suffering from the same problem. I have seborrheic dermatitis. This is a skin disorder that can happen all over the body but luckily I have only on my scalp.

well as you just said,

if there is no long lasting cure for seborrheic dermatitis and your dermatoligist even cant help you any further!?

then as you stated nizoral works! but the dandruff comes back after you stop use!?

why dont you just use in permanentaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why would you stop using it and suffer again????

i use prescription 2% nizoral in place of standard shampoo 2 times a week and will do so for ever?

if nizoral keeps dandruff away then keep using it, simple? if your worried about drying your hair out use it once a week that will be fine alsoa and a mild baby shampoo inbetween!!!!!!!!!!!!