Grafts Estimates & full coverage

benjy

Hi everyone,

My situation

I have loaded up photos of me and have been to personally see Feriduni & Devoyre in Belgium as i heard they where the best and i live in London. They both seemed nice I would say that Feriduni was more attentative to me and my needs i.e personally drawing a hair line on me talking about exactly what I wanted to talk about etc..

The problem I have is Feriduni said I should have 4000 grafts and Devroyre said 3000. Devroyre said that it is nearly impossible for people to have over 4000 in one sessions he says the maths makes it highly impossible and that they are being clever with how they are wording what they are doing over in America/Canada producing 4000+ surgeries namely Wong, Shapiro & Rahal.....But then Feriduni is offering me 4000. To be honest people I feel a bit sick about this. I would like to get it done, I would like full coverage (not Brad Pitt level obviously). But I don’t know who to believe or can I get decent coverage?

The other small Questions I had, and I’d appreciate anyone’s discuss on this are as follows:

What is the definition of a graft in terms of HT?

Am i to young (30yrs old)?

I really want full coverage i.e. reasonable hair line, and crown area covered, what would be a reasonable estimate for coverage of a 3V-5, as I believe I am a 3V now but will maybe eventually go to a 5?

So if I have 4000 no in my first procedure, how many can I use roughly (ball park) for my final/2nd procedure? Will I have enough to get the coverage......

Just a couple of stats about me to aid your advice:

- 30yrs old.

- Propecia, multi vitamins, gym 3-4 x a week.

- Donor density was 80 per cm2.

- Good Laxity.

- Suffer with medium sebborea/dandruff

Please anyone.

stick to drs recomended by this forum,

i had 3500 with dr hasson and he could have quite easily implanted another 3500 if i had the donor hair available.

i dont know what to tell you the best drs are all on this forum and the reults speak for them selves!!!!!!!!!!!!

which dr you choose is a personal matter and one that many people including myself take up to or over a year to decide, with deep research and talking to former patiants.........

i my self decided to go with hasson and wong as the high number of satisfied patiants and there pictures???

im not totally sure if the drs you mentioned are a member of the coalition as i didnt check but if they are,talking about other dr in such a fassion is not professional..............

dr farjo is a coalition dr from the uk manchester i beleive,distance should also not be a factor as i live in the uk also and i travelled to canada.

30 years is not to young im 25 and ive had 2 one was with rogers medical in the uk at 22 and he ruined me avoid him like the plague.

a graft is one unit of new hairs implanted in to the scalp it can be made up of 1 2 or 3 or 4 hairs.............

start using nizoral 2% shampoo it illiminats dandruff and also counter acts DHT

full coverage is possible........... anything is possible with a good dr.

my advice research and research unitll you can answer all of your own questions and please choose a dr recomended on this forum i didnt the first time and payed for it 3k down and a bad scar and no new hair......

my top choices of drs include

hasson wong feller stewart alexander lindsey shapiro

email pics to all and see what they suggest and i can gurantee it will be the correct course of action......

4000 grafts will give you amsaing coverage if transplanted well

id rather have 2000 grafts that all grow with a good dr than 4000 that only 2000 grow with a crok

:D

Personally, I think some doctors (even the very best) simply do not like to do sessions over 3500. It is either that they do not have the staff to support such a session or simply feel more sessions with less grafts is best. I know Bernstein takes this approach. There are others (Like H&W) who try to give you as much as possible with as few surgeries as they can. I can see both sides. What I dont like is when one doc tells you its "Not possible" when they know very well that it is possible; just not in their hands. What we need to do as patients is find the doctor who can give us what we need for our specific situation. The doc you spoke to is simply wrong if that is what he said. Docs like H&W, Rahal and a few others are doing large sessions of 4000+ pretty routinely. That does not mean they can achieve this quantity in all cases but they are among the best at achiving high numbers of grafts in one sitting in the appropriate patient. I personally would choose a doc who could get me the largest number of grafts in one sitting;espececially if I am a NW 4+.

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

In my opinion, sessions of over 3000 is VERY tiring to the doctor and his staff. While I know everyone would love to get it all done in one shot, I'd rather have a better chance of graft survivability from a couple of smaller sessions.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

im sorry but the down time for 2 sessions would drive alot of people mad

why do it to your self when an experianced dr who on a regular basis carrys out succesfull 3000+ session could give you the result you requie in 1 sitting, ei 1 down time,1 surgery cost and 1 trauma??? also the second surgery would require the excision of the scar from the old surgery which is easlily done but it just adds yet another complication to a already complex surgery.

ive had 1 HT in 2009 and again another in 2010 and the down time can turn a man crazy! if i had the choice all over again i would have opted for a megga session one pass right from the beggining! its cheaper than two surgerys and has just as much success as lower graft HTs when in the hands of an accomplished dr and TEAM emphasize team? often lesser drs not consistant with pulling off good results at higher number gfts surgerys tend to suggest double smaller ones instead!

and you have to remember the dr onlys remove the strip and make the graft holes which only takes a few hours???

the staff/techs do the planting? so 3000 session all be it are long but are very easy and routine for many well trained and practiced establishments with large teams! 3000 or even 4000 can be very easy and even the norm???

if a client of a practice needs 3500 to get the desired result, any respectable surgeon would advise doing this all at once and not splitting it in to 2 x 1750 sessions unless, a patiant has a reason for this ie, cash flow or a medical condition?

especially if the dr is over seas it makes as much sense to get as much done at once for the greatest result as far as reasonably practical to do so at the time???

by splitting say a 4000 grafts sittting into 2 sessions you are not changing the end result but only doubling the trauma cost and down time???

a good dr and team could do a 4000 grft surgery no swet with a high yeild this has been proven by many drs time and time again,

im not implying hair transplant surgery is easy by any stretch of the imagination its so complex, but almost as in the same way usain bolt makes running the 100m and 200m in record breaking times look easy, a world class hairtransplant team can also make megga sessions go by just as effortless, but we all know both usain bolt and coalition drs have spent decades some times training and learning and getting even better :D

Edited by j1j9j85

It is very important for someone cosidering a HT, to fully understand what is possible and what is a dream....To say that you want full coverage, it would require way more than 3000 or 4000 grafts, what that will give you is an "illusion" of full coverage, a lot of HT candidates don't understand what that means, untill it's to late! In my experience, you are better off to have two sessions of 2500 fu's, almost any scalp can accomadate such a # of grafts, you let the scalp heal and repair itself, than you go for a second pass of the same # of grafts...That way you get 5000 grafts, and you don't put as much tension on the donor region....Trying to get 4000 or 5000 fu in one sitting, even though there are surgeons who do it, is very difficult and can be quite risky...it is a long wide strip to remove all at once! I personally wouldn't risk it.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery....