2000 grafts enough??

is 2000 graphs enough to make a difference???

i have a very slight hair loss pattern and am in between choosing between dr. friedman and dr. alexander. There results seem to very greatly on the same number of grafts. they both recommended 2000, but i wonder if its enough to make a difference on a lightly diffuse pattern loss?

also remember once you start hair surgery it often results in more than one sugery to get the desired effect.... so dont put all your eggs in one basket for the first sugery incase unforseen problems arise..........

if 2000 will do it great if not you havent exhausted ur donor and at least by seeing the result from a smaller surgery you will no if you respond well and then i the future if a mega session of 3000+ grafts is needed you know what to expect

I have friends who have had similar problems. If it is possible I would recommend a couple of appointments so that you can get your desired result.

I would also say not to go overboard either. I am sure you will make the right decision.

yeah i'm thinking i may have a touch of hair greed also. when looking back at old photos. my hair looks better now, but i'm afraid that my natural hair will thin to the point that the old 1300 will look freakish.

what do you think?

honestly no i dont

what kinda placement advice are they giving you?

i think i have general thinning. up top and just want density. i don't get bald comments or anything, but i see it and it kills me.

do you have a specific pattern?

2000 grafts can be a lot or not so much, it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I would say the doctor should know exactly what is enough.

I had 2050 grafts to lower my hairline and it was more than enough so they did some fill ins with the extra grafts. Look at some pics. I viewed photos ranging from 500 to 3000 graft and that gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Keep in mind that 2000 grafts is significantly more than 2000 hairs.

I think if you've got two opinions at 2000, that's probably the way to go (at least for now to see how it develops). I understand you probably want it once-and-done, but like everyone else has said, you want some ammo for down the line.

2000 grafts is a lot for a NW2 or NW3.. but it wouldn't be for a NW4-7. It all depends what kind of balding you have, type of hair, etc.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I appreciate the comments. I've already HD 1 surgery and want my next to be my lst. I had 1300 in the hairline tempol region and since seem or think I am generally thinning all over but yet receive no comments on thinning but still wanna be content in myself and go for more. Any thoughts?