How soon did you start shedding after procedure?

It's been three days since my transplant and I rubbed neosporin on the grafts and showered as told, i shed lots of scabs and 10 or so hairs. Doc's instructions said that is normal but it feels weird, give me a boost of confidence fellas, it is normal, right?

Hairs came out with scabs after rubbing with neosporin and showering, i just pray I didn't dislodge anything that wasn't supposed to be, forgive my second guessing, par for the course.

I'm assuming 72 hours after transplant that the hair can be shed without problem as the grafts are in.

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Speegs, safe to say that if there is no bleeding, your grafts should be in tact :)

For me, my scabs dropped only 1.5 weeks after procedure but doc was saying that i was just too gentle and cautious.

However, i reiterate my first statement which is if there is no bleeding, highly unlikely your grafts are affected!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Dr. Alexander's instructions say that in days 3-10 to put neosporin on grafts and shower normally, gently rub out neosporin with soap and water, grafts can be exposed in shower.

So obviously moderate rubbing and touching is permissible by day 3 according to the doctor.

Just after reading shedding times on here I got nervous about dropping a handful with the scabs, i discerned no bleeding.

That is not good it means you have lost all those transplanted hairs and have wasted all your money and now no donor left

Joking. Normal to shed the grafts. They go into a resting phase and in 3-6 months (depending on if you are a good grower) new fine hair will start to grow and thicken over time

That is not good it means you have lost all those transplanted hairs and have wasted all your money and now no donor left

Joking. Normal to shed the grafts. They go into a resting phase and in 3-6 months (depending on if you are a good grower) new fine hair will start to grow and thicken over time

I know it's normal to shed them friend, just wonder if some came out too early.

Its not normal to shed grafts, its normal to shed hairs.

Its not normal to shed grafts, its normal to shed hairs.

What about in so short a period of time, 3 to 4 days after transplant?

Some people start shedding within a couple of days, some people don't shed them at all and they keep on growing like normal. It all depends....

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D