Where can an 18 year old male get hair line lowering in the U.S.?

Seattlelife

ok my hairline is seriously so high up my head you would think im in my 40s. I had spent half of my life dealing with insults and jokes that i became extremely self conscious overtime. People say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and yes that maybe true and agreeable when you have matured and have a different out view....NOT when your going to a school or any place as a teenager and honestly i never used to care about my looks and when i did tried all i can to ignore it and let it be... but how can that be possible when i can't set foot anywhere without comments and laughter even from strangers.. I no longer go anywhere without a hat. I can't see myself going to college like this.. I have lost almost all my social skills and confidence because of this problem and it seems it is now too late for me to enjoy a single day of my life while living with this fact. What i don't understand is, i have consulted some surgeons and they all seem to have their focus solely on my late twenties and mid thirties.. i understand they are trying to do me a favor since baldness cannot be predicted. However, what about my life until then? What is more important, today or tomorrow? Why should i be considered with how my hair is going to look in my 30's when i my hair looks like **** RIGHT NOW?? I feel hopeless and yes i will try one of the medications but they will not give me a full head of hear i deserve like everone else at my age. But my question is where can i find a surgeon who will perform this procedure.. I am fully aware of the risks involved and I have got the money. Thanks

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Seattlelife,

Be careful what you wish for! If you look hard enough, you will find a physician willing to relieve you of your money and promise you your juvenile hairline back.

Like many guys here, I can relate. I lost my hairline way too early and was very self-conscious about it. I spent every second in public looking longingly at the dense hairlines of other guys my age and would have sold my soul to get one. Lucky for me, unlike you, I didn't have the money or I would have been butchered a long time ago.

I'm 42 now and had my first hair transplant at age 40. I know that sounds ancient to someone your age and you probably feel that you won't care what you look like when you're my age as long as you can get another good 5 or 10 years out of your hair. The truth is, no responsible surgeon is going to help you potentially ruin your future by lowering your hairline to that of a 16 year old when you will most likely continue to lose hair.

The best thing you can do at your age is to start using both Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil). These drugs when used in combination offer the best non-surgical treatment for hair loss currently available.

You've got youth on your side. The sooner you start the better your results will be. Hang in there. There are better solution on the horizon.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You say you've been dealing with this half of your life. Do you just have a high forehead or do you actually have a receeding hairline? They are two different things.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jjmike12

Hello Topic Stater, hair loss is a common problem nowadays, I know what you feel cause I am also a teenager like you, going to school with that kind of problem is just like going to school naked.. don't be bothered with that problem instead make it stylish..make it look fashionable..

Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil) and Leimo Hair Loss Treatment (promotional link removed) is the best solution at the moment.

SeattleLife,

Welcome to our community. As others have already said above, lowering a young man's hairline surgically is considered very high risk and is highly unadvisable. Any quality hair restoration physician will tell you the same thing. Even if you just have a naturally larger forehead/high hairline, if you carry the hair loss genes, any surgery you obtain now to lower your hairline will make for an unnatural look in the future that will require future work. Since hair loss is unpredictable as is the amount, there's also a possibility that even if you keep getting the hair transplant procedures necessary to fill in the bald areas, that eventually, you'll run out of donor hair and be left with an unnatural looking balding pattern.

If you are experiencing hair loss, as David has already pointed out, my may want to consider non-surgical treatments like Propecia and Rogaine as early as possible to help you maintain and possibly even strengthen your existing hair. If you just have a naturally higher forehead, the only thing I'd advise you to do at this point is wait at least 10 to 15 years. If then, you don't show any or only minimal signs of hair loss, a quality physician may work with you to surgically lower your hairline with hair transplant surgery.

Best wishes,

Bill

I totally agree with Bill. It is all about genetics. I have learned that people must understand their own body (and family history) before making any sort of emotional decision on whether or not to go ahead with this irreversible process.

As long as you your homework and understand all of the risk associated with your own body; you will be just fine.