Bad Results from Dr. Armani?

hi i'm new, recently was considering scheduling an appointment with dr and have been following his cases for the past year or so, but was troubled by recent comments that he has just as many bad HT results out there as well. the website i was visiting does not allow people to show his bad results though or for people to comment on it so now i feel like i've been looking at skewed results for the past year and a half.

i've googled and stumbled on some sites "talking" about his bad results but for the most part it is just people talking trash with no photos to back up their claims.

would anybody be so kind as to post some links to all these bad results from Armani? i feel like i have not been getting the full story and have recently cancelled my next consultation with him.

thanks in advance guys

Back in 2005 on the HLH forum (before I dissapeared for 5 years from all HT forums as part of my research strategy) I predicted that in a few years alot of disgruntled Armani patients would be popping up.

Boy, was I ever right! It was really pretty easy to see why there would eventually be so many who felt that HT was a failure. He would use up 5000 grafts on a dense packed mustache in the hairline (a.k.a. "front loading the hairline") on guys in their early 20s, and for this he was worshipped as a god by many.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that the majority of these young guys would get a few good years in the clubs (which is exactly what they were paying for) with a NW0 hairline before they would end up becoming anti-HT repair patients who look like circus freaks. But I'm sure Armani didn't care because his bank account just keeps getting bigger just like any other unethical white collar scam artist out there.

And this was from his strip work which was actually technically very good. I had no idea that he would go all FUE and butcher so many young guys, wrecking their donors, leaving cobblestoning, and then acting like a thug mafia king who threatens anybody that dare tell the truth about his blatant lack of ethics.

The links that Sparky listed are just a very small percentage of the hacked up Armani patients out there.

Seek more and ye shall find!

I'm exactly in the same position as Franky.

@Sparky, in another thread, your comments sounded like you still think that Dr. Armani's good or very good results outweigh the poor ones. Is that right or did I get something wrong?

@EpilepticSceptic:

I have no problem admitting that I want exactly what you call "some years in the clubs". My question is if you think that Dr. Armani will deliver that with FUE. Or would it be better to ask him for a strip surgery?

I just want a result of the kind you were talking about, but I'm not in my 20s. I'm 31 and NW2 with a "good" family history, as I already mentioned, and I just want to have my original hairline and style back.

What are your recommendations concerning the best surgeon?

Edited by CopaSurfer

I have seen what look like very good results from Armani using FUE, but i'm not really sure how much of these results is reinforced by the patients natural hair as Armani does lots of patients that have minimal loss, and then puts 2-3k grafts into the hairline.

Thank you for your frank words. That's exactly the dilemma I'm in right now. I've read your hair loss and HT story - it's very moving and I hope you continue to make good progress! Which surgeons were your favorites when you were planning your HT and what did convince you of your final choice?

What convinced me of going with Dr Bisanga was the result that I saw on Stephen's head, who is one of Dr Bisanga's patient co-ordinators, diffuse NW6 to dense NW1 all with fue and no visible scarring.

I considered Dr Feller, Dr Umar, and even Dr Armani, but he charges $15 per graft for repair work! I had a phone call consult with Dr Rassman aswell, and hes a very nice guy, I also had a phone consult with Dr Umar.

I met with Spex who is Dr Fellers UK Patient co-ordinator, and he knows a lot about the industry and gave me a lot of valuble info without once trying to coerce me into the chair.

I had an in person consult with Dr Bisanga in Brussels, and they refunded the cost of me travelling to Brussels for that consult via subtracting it from my surgery.

I personally think that Dr Bisanga is the best at FUE, and as thats the method I wanted to have, I went with him. I've never seen a non dense result from him, and he seems to get the same high yeild with FUE as he gets with strip. Also they stand behind their patients 100%, and if for some reason you wernt happy with your result, they would go out of their way to make you happy with it.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

What convinced me of going with Dr Bisanga was the result that I saw on Stephen's head, who is one of Dr Bisanga's patient co-ordinators, diffuse NW6 to dense NW1 all with fue and no visible scarring.

I considered Dr Feller, Dr Umar, and even Dr Armani, but he charges $15 per graft for repair work! I had a phone call consult with Dr Rassman aswell, and hes a very nice guy, I also had a phone consult with Dr Umar.

I met with Spex who is Dr Fellers UK Patient co-ordinator, and he knows a lot about the industry and gave me a lot of valuble info without once trying to coerce me into the chair.

I had an in person consult with Dr Bisanga in Brussels, and they refunded the cost of me travelling to Brussels for that consult via subtracting it from my surgery.

I personally think that Dr Bisanga is the best at FUE, and as thats the method I wanted to have, I went with him. I've never seen a non dense result from him, and he seems to get the same high yeild with FUE as he gets with strip. Also they stand behind their patients 100%, and if for some reason you wernt happy with your result, they would go out of their way to make you happy with it.

i've heard a lot about Bisinga, i never really paid too much attention because i was always stuck on the armani results.

do you have a link to stephen's results? going from NW6 to NW1 and getting postive remarks is definitely time i start taking a look at his portfolio. i havent heard anything negative about this guy now that i think about it.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Why take the risk with a Dr who has produced so many poor results. All HT doctors have the occasional bad result but as Sparky has demonstrated some doctors have a lot more than others.

For FUE I would look very closely at Dr Feller, Drs Paul and Ron Shapiro and Dr Bisanga. I think they are all doing very good work.

I have personal experience of Dr Bisanga and so far I am very happy with my choice.

A bad HT sucks. Choose your doctor very carefully.

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

Why take the risk with a Dr who has produced so many poor results. All HT doctors have the occasional bad result but as Sparky has demonstrated some doctors have a lot more than others.

A bad HT sucks. Choose your doctor very carefully.

Hi Stingray, cool to meet you here. As you may have noticed, Franky (who started this thread) and I have come here to this forum because your case was mentioned in another forum and then the relevant thread was closed immediately without any reasonable justification.

That's why Franky and I got irritated and did some research and finally found some very valuable information on this board. Actually, I was so convinced that I would go with the surgeon you had quite a negative experience with, but I have now done extensive research, and the top favorite on my list is now Dr. Keser.

What is your impression of him? There are lots of very outstandig results of him out there, and what I especially like is the fact that he has been doing FUE since 2002 and he doesn't do more than 800 grafts per day. Furthermore, he does virtually the whole procedure himself. I would really appreciate any comment from you. Do you think that he would be a good choice?

Edited by CopaSurfer

yea that was a little shady how they just deleted the entire thread. i can see if they deleted the one post of the guy who made a negative comment, but i dunno, just left too much suspicion and i dont need that when trying to decide on a doc. if there's a bad result here and there, i want to be able to look into it and make an informed decision of if it was just a one off or if the doc did something wrong....but dont try to hide it.

anyway, yea, i'm interested in this Dr. Keser now as he seems to be pretty honest and have produced some consistent results so far. if anybody has had any experience or thoughts about him that'd be great.

To be honest I don't know anything about Dr Keser so am not qualified to give an opinion.

My advice before choosing a surgeon is to meet patients of theirs in person and failing that to contact patients and get their thoughts. Obviously, it has to be patients that you have found on your own. Asking them to suggest people you can call is pointless as clinics can put you in touch with patients who have had the best results.

As has been mentioned in this thread already - Be wary of all internet forums. Some are better than others. Forums make their money from the advertisers/doctors which means that they have an interest in keeping them happy. An unscrupulous/greedy forum owner could use their moderating powers to that end.

Good luck in your search.

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

Well, i just thought i need to make post here because one well known hair loss site just decided to block me.

I am on different forums and you probably all know forum "HS". I mentioned there couple of times about bad Armani results (6 days ago i asked and shared my own opinion about the Asian guy (he is presented on this site too) who's results were horrible after Armani HT. They delete there almost every post which is a little bit negative about Armani and they deleted one of my last posts/opinions there too and today 6 days later i noticed they even blocked me on that site because of this. "HS" seems to be too corrupted in my opinion and they protect there Armani whatever it costs. I just don't like that new people who started loosing their hair don't do enough research and if they choose the surgeon based only on the forum "HS" they might get fu**ed. But this is good that on that site are some very good and honest doctors too and hopefully new hair loss sufferers do their right choice choosing the best ht surgeon.

One suggestion to new hair loss sufferers - do your research and visit as many different sites as possible (not only one site) and if you have chosen your ht surgeon then think once again and certainly try to find bad results about your chosen surgeon too. Don't let blind yourself only with good results. If you have found some bad results about your chosen dr then think about this are those results too bad or they isn't. Yea, it's good to think always positive but you must be very careful choosing your ht surgeon because if you get for example fue mega session (some docs provide even ~4000 FUE per day which is in my opinion just killing a lot of healthy grafts rushing with the surgery - money owns there not the patient results) and if you get zero growth then you are pretty much fu***d in the future. You must know the risks and you certainly have to think if this guy is you who gets very poor growth then what you decide to do after that? How you gonna live your life then? Until HM isn't available don't risk with your limited donor hairs choosing bad ht surgeon. You may have a huge amount of money but if you don't have enough available donor then money doesn't help you at all. Hair transplant is a big business like every other business in the world and some doctors do their job very well but at the same time some other dr.s do a lot of crap. Think carefully, do a lot of research and finally visit only the best ht surgeon.

i wholeheartedly agree with all of that and recently stopped posting on "HS" as well after having done so for the past six or seven years.

i was in a thread where a guy posted stingray's results and within hours the admin deleted the thread. when asked about this the admin gave a half baked response and locked the thread.

i'm glad i found this site as i see there are many contridicting comments about Armani. until i registered here i was under the impression Armani was batting almost at a thousand for the exception of the Asian guy's poor results which also seemed to get weirdly silent after suddenly the poster was unable to reply to any of the threads suddenly after being accused of trying to blackmail Armani.

in either case, there's just way too many red flags over there when it comes to honesty on that site. it seems to protect the sponsored surgeons first and the potential patients last.

Franky, i wun say i have similar experience but yes, it was something like that. It seems that on the other forum, there were some agendas regarding a couple doctors like u the one being discussed. It was obvious that the results were sub par and the patient was a genuine case but it was brushed aside.

To be honest, that was the last time i browsed that forum.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

it's scary if you think about it. you go to a website for information but the admin hides everything negative about the doc/patitnet results that arent so good, so you end up making your decision based on biased search results. its like going to buy a car from a dealer and he puts the good cars up front, but in the back there is an unknown number of bad cars that barely work and have been recalled for reasons you'll never know.

i asked a question up there the other night about why random posts were being deleted, and four other people asked the same.....and the thread was deleted in less than an hour, lol.

yup :) thats why i said that was the last time i logged on. I will be surprised if the no. of members increase. Maybe novices will be taken in. sigh. Guess there is not much we can do about it

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730