A result as close as possible to nature - who can give it to me?

I agree with EpilepticSceptic. Your hairloss is worse than you think it is.

I skimmed through some of the posts, did anyone mention your temple points? IMO, if you shoot for a young & dense hairline you will need some major reconstruction of your temple area.

Another point, almost every Armani result that looks incredibly dense was done on NW2 patients with coarse/dark hair. Your hair is light and not coarse. You will never achieve the look of the Armani homerun examples.

I would strongly encourage you to shave your head down to a #2 guard for a while. It will give you a better understanding of where you're at in terms of overall hairloss. And, you might actually like the short look, which could change your strategy.

Check the "Pre-HT" photos in my blog. They show how easy it is to spot hairloss when you cut your hair short and take photos in the sunlight. You need to do that.

Edited by biscuit

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree that at least trying a shave down has gotta be worth a shot. It's something that I wish I had at least tried before getting an un needed ht. No one actually needs a HT, unless there are other unforseen circumstances.

Luckily with fue you can still shave down, but try a shave down first to see if you like it.

Edited by Sparky

Thanks a lot, @Sparky, for your encouraging pic!

Also many thanks to you, @wb280, for understanding my rationale.

@HTSurg: I appreciate your advice. I know about the limitations of a transplant, but actually, after a very thorough discussion with several people who know the whole HT industry very well, they told me that my goal IS achievable. So, while not expecting to get my hair back as it was, of course, I am quite optimistic to achieve a result, i. e. the best possible "illusion", that comes as close to my original looks as possible.

@biscuit: I know how I look with extremely short hair - I looked terrible with that kind of hair cut when I still had my full head of hair - and that's exactly why I want to get as close to my former "style" as possible. I have discussed my case with two largely independent experts here in Germany who got transplants themselves and have seen plenty of HT patients. They considered my goals to be realistic and achievable. They also know many of the top surgeons and their procedures from personal visitations, and - while not being linked to Dr. Keser in any way - they agreed with me that Dr. Keser would be a perfect choice for the kind of hairline design and density I am looking for. There are plenty of absolutely outstanding results from Dr. Keser in hairline design and density (his manager has given me access to some more results that haven't been published), even on patients with more severe hair loss and less than 3,000 grafts.

Edited by CopaSurfer

My suggestion for shaving your head was for 2 reasons. The most important of the two was for you to get a realistic view of your current hairloss. The side benefit could be a positive response from your group of friends.

I reviewed several threads on Dr Keser. The post-op photos look great. I would be concerned about yield based on the high-density placement. Studies on yield v. density have been done and they indicate yield goes down when packed very closely. The key is to see what the growth was at 1 year. Of the few grown-out results I saw from Dr Keser, none of them achieved the density you appear to want. So be careful.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My HT Blog

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I am 22. For now I have hairline exactly like Tom Cruise and I want to have it for rest of my life. But I know it is not possible so I will do ht in future.

My dad(50) is NW2 as my grandpapa(80 - he has even more solidity hair then my dad). But i have obsession of my hair and i will do HT for 5-8 yers(if histogen or another methond won't be anviable to use).

I understand you want to natural look as we all but in your case if you have "just" nw2 you don't have to worry about it. It is possible to get natural results(but not be the FUE, only FUT imo).

In my opinion dr Rahal will give you what you need. I look at a lot of pictures, films and for restore hairline dr Rahal will be the best choise. He is a genius. But again, for me FUT look more natural in front then FUE. If i were you i would take FUT on front and as possible as it is, cover be FUE method thinning on crown or just wait for histogen to cover it and for now do HT. And if you want, do FUE to cover a scar.

Good luck.

p.s sorry for my english.

Edited by ffar