New and Swollen!

I am new here and not sure if I should be starting a thread for my questions.

I am 2 days out of surgery 2000 grafts all in the front of my hairline. I was swollen for the last 2 days but today I woke up and my entire forehead is swollen all the way to my eyebrows. Feels uncomfortable and I have been icing it but doesn't seem to do much.

I guess I am just looking for someone who has had the same thing happen to them after surgery. How long will the swelling last?

Thanks much!

Russ

The first 5 -6 days are the hardest and awful for swelling. My eyes swelled shut on the 3rd day. It goes away by the 4th or 5th day. If not contact your doctor immediately.

I started swelling on day 3 and it started going down on day 5. It's freaky isn't it? :D

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hi there waveskier, did your surgeon provide u with a tennis head band? Its quite mandatory ( IMHO ) to avoid getting that swollen look.

I had that on 24/7 for the first 5 days and believe me, the swollen part was contained just maybe below the new hair line

hope that helps!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

RC West, it is freaky. I'm looking a bit like a Klingon from Star Trek. It has moved down above my eyebrows now, but my full forehead is swollen. It is morning day 3.

Atomic, you are correct, icing hasn't helped at all! Is it just a waste of time?

wb280, no I did not get a headband. Is it too late to try one now? I will call my doctor as well.

Thanks for the support guys!

Is there anyway to expedite the passing of the swelling? Mine has moved down from my forehead to my eyebrows and now to the bridge of my nose which is partially affecting my vision. It sure feels lousy. One ongoing headache! I did try the head band and I think it is too late for it now as it is already too low.

Thanks for any comments.

Sorry for all the questions, but is sleeping at a 45-degree angle doing me any good? It hasn't helped with the swelling at all, because the swelling is due to the fluid injections. Thanks. Appreciate any advice or feedback.

Hi there i knocked off and only saw your msg.

I think no harm trying but i reckon its too late... din ur surgeon warn u of that? I mean, i m not trying to imply anything but the experienced doctors would probably suggest that since its pretty much standard, as in the swelling

can i check who is your surgeon? just curious...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

My surgeon is Dr. Shim Ching of Asia Pacific Plastic Surgery Inc. I did not have many choices here in Hawaii, and too busy to travel.

He did give me guidelines spelled out day by day and I was told about the swelling, just didn't expect this much. I will be calling him tomorrow with plenty of questions. I go back in 1 week for the suture removal, which by the way is doing great.

One the swelling has started, it is really hard to make it go away with anything other than time. Were you prescribed prednisone to help manage the swelling by any chance?

Swelling typically peaks at around day 4 or 5 as was mentioned and sleeping at a 45 degree angle is imperative! I can imagine how you might look if you hadn't been.

I can relate to how you are feeling. following my first procedure, I had quite a bit of swelling in my forehead, eyelids and bridge of the nose; I didn't look like me at all! I also had bruising around my eyes which made it look like I had been in a bar brawl. Not cool.

I hope things clear up for you soon and that your doctor is able to address your questions. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Wow, you just described all my symptoms. I was prescribed Prednisone and told to sleep at a 45 degree angle which I did. However I just thought none of that was working as the swelling kept on getting worse. This is day 4 and it has finally started to go down. It just worked its way down my face and now I have some bruising at the inner part of my eye near the bridge of my nose. A little puffy on the sides and enlarge bag under one eye, but this is a improvement!

I appreciate the support and comments. This board is about the only place I can go to talk to someone other than my wife. It helps to know this happens to other people as well.

Aloha