Good shampoo for keeping hair

I'm new to all this. I have moderate hairloss for long time. I'm just again thinking how to get my hairs back. I have been briefly looking at this site.

Any best shampoos for keeping my hair. I'm not looking for miracles, but want to keep it and also thinking about more surgery.

Thanks.

:)

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

Mercury,

If you're looking to maintain your current density, I would highly recommend investigating minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia). However, there are shampoos that can also aid in the hair restoration process. Shampoos that contain ketoconazole (such as Revita and Nizoral) have demonstrated some success with blocking dihydrotestosterone (DHT - the hormone responsible for hair loss) on the scalp, but are usually used in conjunction with other treatments (such as minoxidil and finasteride) and not as a stand alone treatment.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Shampoo keeps your hair and scalp clean, there are many different shampoo are available in the market, but I think that you should always try to use herbal shampoo, which includes amla, shikakai, and other herbal products, that is really good for you hair and really keeps your hair shiny and reduce hair fall.

What are alma, shikakai ? I was hoping for a common shampoo. What about rogaine shampoo? I rmember that being sold years ago and was checking if still good or not?

Please explan what those others r?:)

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

• 4 weeks later...

Some shampoos are actually pretty good at preventing the hair loss process, I've started using ProFusion and my hair has got no worse since I started using it. Previously I used American Crew which also worked for a while, but I also tried a couple of others which didn't work for me. I've also heard of people using nioxin, but also heard that this can be harsh on your scalp.

I think a lot of people think because a shampoo or hair loss treatment doesn't work for them then it is useless, but in reality you have to try a few to see which one works for you.

Think about it like a doctor prescribing tablets. If there was one best treatment for blood pressure then no doctor would prescribe any other. In fact there are probably hundreds of tablets for blood pressure and your doctor tries different ones to see what works best for you. The same is true of hair loss products.

There are a lot of high quality herbal shampoos out there on the market. Try to avoid Shampoo that uses chemicals. Particularly SLS. If you go to Iherb. Its a distribution site for VItamins, shampoo etc. They usually carry some good shampoos.

I've recently been using Aubrey Organics Ginseng Biotin. Its not a miracle shampoo but its nice. My advice would just experiment.

I took a plunge and bought Bicolin Phydrium advance shampoo. For a whopping 40 dollars this stuff better be good.

• 4 weeks later...

Nizoral is the key shampoo.

Another shampoo to use with it is Nioxin system one cleanser or system two.

They work great together, give the effect of thicker fuller hair while keeping your scalp healthy and by reducing DHT.

Stay away from the SLS shampoos and ones with harsh chemicals.