Guys please tell me how to clean scabs without damaging the grafts

Guys,

I am new member in this forum,this is my 9th day after HT with DR.Madhu(Hyderabad).Can you guys please suggest me,any easy way to clean scabs and if scabs present for long period, will my transplanted hair ever grow?

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1739

Thanks

Vijay

Edited by vijaychander

vijaychander,

Your hair transplant surgeon should have provided you with detailed post-op instructions which should include how to wash your hair and take care of the scabs. If you haven't received these, I recommend contacting your physician for them.

Also, as a guide, feel free to read the Hair Loss Q&A Blog article that I posted on this topic called "How Should I Wash my Hair After a Hair Transplant?"

Best wishes,

Bill

Scabs being present for a long time shouldnt impede hair growth as all the magic is happening about 4mm below the skin. Just give the scabs a good soak each time and gently massage with your fingers once they are nice and damp.

I'm pretty sure I still had a few scabs at 14 days post op.

not to worry mate, i had scabs until as late as 1mth post op. I was too gently. I suggest u put olive oil for an hour before working on the scabs. Remember not to prick, just gently but firmly rub.

I tried a couple times and all the scabs were gone :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hi,

I tried to gently massage my scabs in circular direction,but sill few hairs coming out with the scabs.This is is my 10 th day of post HT.I will apply olive oil and try as wb280 said.

Thanks guys for the valuable information.

After 9 days, your grafts aren't going to come out. Try soaking with shampoo for 5 minutes to soften them, then gently massage them. Repeat this if you need to.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 1 year later...
not to worry mate, i had scabs until as late as 1mth post op. I was too gently. I suggest u put olive oil for an hour before working on the scabs. Remember not to prick, just gently but firmly rub.

I tried a couple times and all the scabs were gone :)

Hi wb280,

Were you doing the same on the donor scar? Were you rubbing it too?

If so, how long did it take you for the donor scar scabs to come off?

I used vitamin e oil on the scalp and left that on all day as per the instructions I received from the clinic. When washing, I was gentle and never used my nails. As for the scar area, I rubbed the shampoo on them with a bit more pressure until I had them taken out 14 days post op.