Strength Training 1mth post op

Hi guys! I am one mth post op ( strip surgery ) and i re-started doing some push ups last week. Added back my pull up regime today. Did half of the usual reps but more sets.

Just curious, if i do not feel any pain or some weird feeling with regard to the scar,can i assume i did not stretch it? What are the symptoms of scar stretching?

I asked my wife to check for me after a shower and so far things look ok... but i am a tad little concerned so i was hoping for some advice!

Also, the scabs are very stubborn and so far, i can still see flakes lurking around... many of them... funny thing is, the HT hair seem to be growing and i dun see much shedding... my surgeon was telling me that the scabs will drop in a couple weeks after HT, together with the HT hair... but some scabs arent really falling and the hair is longer now than before surgery...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

You need to really soak those scabs. They should have been off 2 weeks ago ;) As far as working out, you're fine to do so.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Yeah, not completley ok to work out a month after strip surgery, you should take it very easy, I speak from experience here. Just because the scar looks ok now, doesnt mean it wont stretch. Its not until 3 months post op that you will get an idea of what the scar is going to look like. I've read a lot of accounts where the scar can continue to stretch for upto a year, so take it easy.

Hi Sparky, oh yes, sorry to remind u of your case but i understand where u come from. The scar is indeed tough to swallow, and i certainly will take care not to strain.

thanks for the advise!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I am addicted to push-ups in a kind of love-hate way so I think I know why u wanna do em

The strip always looks good for the first six to eight weeks and then u notice the odd flash of skin sans follicles. Strip scars r unpredictable even from the very best but the common wisdom is don't strain those neck muscles. As long as u don't believe in the kind of wisdom like the little toes is connected to the forehead etc I think it's OK to imagine ur doing no harm but Amu muscle above ur waist strain is a risk with strip IMO

Hi Sparky, oh yes, sorry to remind u of your case but i understand where u come from. The scar is indeed tough to swallow, and i certainly will take care not to strain.

thanks for the advise!

Dont apologize, i'm over it, the fue into the scar is starting to do a really good job, I wouldnt have to say anything to the hairdresser about the scar anymore, its pretty much gone.

Sparky, i can understand why given the trauma u had. Honestly, i feel for u bro cos that scar is really touch to stomach.

I was abt to launch into push up position when ur pic came to mind :)

The seniors have spoken and i shall comply!

Anyway i did not notice any shock loss when i was bathing... but i asked my wife to take some pics and there is apparent shock loss at the donor... weird...

Megatron, i used to do lots of interval training before HT.

Cardio and strength intervals.

When u mentioned plyometric, do u mean strength wise or cardio wise?

I will nvr consider plyometric push up now... goodness, i can imagine my wound might even break...