Anyone else really pessimistic?

Hello everyone,

I received my surgery from Dr. Dorin last month. I know it will be several months before I see a change but I can't help but feel that something will go wrong. I've been following the post-operative instructions but I just keep thinking that I'm not going to get a good result. Maybe it's just my own worrisome nature :(. Has anyone else felt this way?

JoeKid0000,

I'm a naturally anxious/worrisome person, so I definitely sympathize. If it helps (which if you're like me, it would), Dr. Dorin is a fantastic surgeon who is highly recommended on this site and even a member of the elite Coalition. Essentially, you made the right decision and put your scalp in good hands! Also, remember that this is a community of people who are going through many of the same feelings you are, so don't hesitate to spend time around the forums putting some of your fears to rest. Additionally, if you haven't done so already, you should make a weblog or update your social profile with photos. This will allow other members to comment on your progress and help you see that you're moving right along!

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hey Future HT Doc,

I actually chose True and Dorin because of the Hair Restoration/Transplant Network (thanks!). I'm glad I'm not the only anxious one here. Yes, updating my profile is on my to-do list. Hopefully I will be able to at least calm down a little bit as time goes on.

Thank you for your support!

JoeKid0000,

I often feel like my photo should accompany the definition of pessimist in the dictionary.

I know it's easier said than done buy try to relax. A positive attitude can go a long way during the waiting period.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

When it comes to HL I am as pessemistic as you can get.

For a decade I have seen promises come and go, hopes shattered.. So whenever I come across any type of promising news... I turn it inside out and question the heck out of it.

hat is the reason why farrel kicked me out of the harilosshelp forum. There were a bunch of yes men there, and I was questioning a new product that was being evaluated.

In a nutshell they didn't like my "depressing attitude" and thought I should be more open to these products.

Longer story short, the product that I said looked bs, turned out to be just that and the vicious cycle continues while everyone keeps getting their hopes shattered.

I am glad to see some of you are being more careful on here

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

I am a pessimist. That way things have to get better! With me, the more you worry about it the better the outcome, or so it feels that way :rolleyes:

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I'd call myself an optimistic skeptic now that I've had my surgery. I expect a great success, but will remain skeptical until I physically see it manifest. But even though I'm at the darkest phase (2 month mark), I still feel upbeat about it every day.

What good can being pessimistic really do, other than to lower your expectations ? I guess maybe for some this can be a good thing, but for me is just a futile waste of energy.

Edited by EpilepticSceptic