I am getting a Hair transplant in Sep

Cease any use of Rogaine for two months before surgery. That means you should stop sometime in July. Propecia use can be continued through the surgical date.

I AM getting my surgery there only Jetronics in Vancouver and i hope to see you there.Tell me is hairmaxx laser comb effective?

cantturnback,

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but advising someone based solely on your experience is very narrow minded, especially when hundreds of hair loss sufferers are very happy with their hair transplant, me included. While less than optimal results can occur even in the msot experienced hands, today's hair transplant techniques can provide patients with dense and very natural looking hair.

I encourage you to share your own experience on this forum and I trust that our genuine members of this community can provide you with constructive input that may help you.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

I have also scheduled mu surgery in October. But my doctor never told me to stop Rogaine. Why should it be stopped? Please dont make random statements like these without conclusive evidence..

I believe it's because Rogaine thins the blood and therefore could lead to bleading issue during the HT. Dr. Simmons had me stop the Rogain 7 days in advance and I didn't have any issues w/ bleeding.

I believe at Hasson and Wong they recommend that you stop Rogain for 60 days before surgery. This is because it some case it causes the skin to be very spongy and harder to insert the grafts.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson