Dr. Lindsey 3000 graft at 13 months, McLean VA

This fellow came in for a 13 month check and exhibits nice growth which he styles nicely. We packed the first quarter to half inch with lots of singles and did doubles and some triples back in the middle. Even with further loss posteriorly, he can get good coverage with reasonable styling and certainly has hair to donate should he want a second case down the road.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

2.jpg.f526811348fa247aa051926ba6023041.jpg

3.jpg.f3371d7f03717e4bcfb16e70e3f28907.jpg

5.jpg.f135f65bcaf4b4da9add57c3745b7b45.jpg

8.jpg.006cb980845b5c34164d501f7fc6d5f4.jpg

10.jpg.7008d5b7c9be8ffb013ac8518e460818.jpg

11.jpg.26a21c330082825f1317d8f87ef4e87f.jpg

12.jpg.2926f17ff54076db36522036cc3216c6.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Great work as always Dr. Lindsey. Can i bother you for a question..I am sorry to use this post but i have been trying to get an answer with respect to Proscar frim a doctor but to no avail..Hence, i am hoping you can answer this since you are really active on this forum

I went to CVS pharmacy to pick up my proscar and was generelly chatting to the pharmacist..She told me that the proscar 5 mg pill is primarily for treating prostrate. She said that the pill is coded and finasteride is realeased into the body depending on the PH level of the blood..i think she meant that if you take a pill that has 5mg, not all 5 mg will be released in the body... Hence, she says that cutting the pill means depriving it of its effectiveness...Have you heard something like this before...Can you please address this as i am not sure if i should continue with proscar or switch to propecia...

Proscar and propecia are the same except for the dose, 5mg and 1mg respectively. 1mg will "grow you hair" like the 5mg will, with potentially less of those pesky side effects...

I routinely tell folks that if they are my age, 45, or older and they want to protect their prostate...to check with their family doc or urologist about getting on proscar. That way they may be protecting their prostate and their insurance may cover the medicine.

On the other hand, I am not in the business of diagnosing or treating prostate conditions and I only prescribe propecia, which I have blogged many times that I took myself for about a year prior to stopping due to side effects.

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel

For what its worth, I bet 5 guys have asked me to change their propecia to proscar since I last checked your post. And yesterday I saw a fellow who had a few side effects from propecia, got switched to proscar by another doc, and now has to take it "once every 4 or 5 days" due to the side effects. Probably ought to have stuck with propecia...

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

McLean, VA

wow "once every 4 or 5 days"...would that work for him doctor? that would suck i if he did not get any benefits but still had the sides...is there a way these sides can be countered in a non threatening way...from my understanding, it is really important to get on the meds with this HT journey...i have been on propecia for 2 months now..i would like to say i have mild sides but not sure if the reasons are pshycological or not...i do weight training and my little brother feels the best after a nice workout!!!!do you know if the sides increase with use of the medicine or if you dont get it in the beginning, you never will

Dr. Lindsey,

The patient's frontal restoration looks terrific. Do you have any after photos showing the top of the scalp? Also, most of your photos are typically reduced in size. Do you have any higher resolution photos you can post? Our previous forum forced physicians to reduce their photos however, this one doesn't. Thus, if you post your highest resolution photos, this forum software will automatically reduce it to an appropriate size while keeping the quality of the picture crisp and fresh.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller

I'll look. As to the compression or whatever you would term it...I took folks advice and bought a new camera last fall. I don't however think that I am any better with it, but I am trying. That camera was "set up" by a patient who is a semi professional photographer and airline pilot on whom I operated, and I operated on his wife. Essentially he came and watched a case and took pics and I have never changed the settings, as he travels plenty and I might never get the settings correct again. Well the camera gives images that are approx. 4mb. I use photoshop elements 8.0 to crop and save at less than 500kb. Currently I also post on other forums that require less than 100kb pics, so I'll resize the image and save. I try to label these so that each forum gets the pics they want. But I am also trying to do this between consultations, phone calls, and it doesn't always pan out.

I think that these particular pics were from 2 cameras ago and 2 computers ago and that I have cropped/saved them multiple times.

I suspect a bunch of folks will try to explain to me on this forum how to do pics more efficiently, but please save your keystrokes.

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

McLean, VA