rookie in topic needs help

Hi guys, I have just started my research about HT and hair replecement. I have attached few pics of how my bolding process is moving forward. I never used any meds. in addition,i just turned 26 and i been noticed my hairs felling out since i was 22. what kind of treatment would you recomennd? any decent surgeon in scotland or in entire uk is worth the consideration? thanks for help http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/martin84/albums/79

The good news: You still have quite a lot of hair, it might not look like much but it is an excellent platform for an HT (hair transplant) in the future.

The bad news: Based on your pics and the amount of hair it seems you have lost in just 1 year, I personally believe you might be headed for more thinning on the top. You have a NW3 pattern if I am not mistaken and you have miniturization on the top of your head. If you want to slow/stop/regrow your hair (loss), you should get on FInasteride IMMEDIATELY. For MOST GUYS, Finasteride slows down or stops hair loss - major regrowth is rare but it is a possibility.

You are still in your mid 20s, have been losing your hair for a relatively short amount of time and your not on meds, so an HT wouldn't be a wise move at this stage, in my opinion. The best piece of advice you can receive right now and the best thing you can do for your hair loss is to get on Finasteride ASAP.

Martin

Go on meds for a year or more, and if your hairloss seems to have stabilized, then you may be a candidate for a HT. If you want to restore your hairline and get some density to the scalp and crown you're looking at 4k-5k grafts though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

I agree with Mike and aw33 here, get on the meds straight away, definitely FIN and rogaine foam, and give it a year.

Then after a year if required, continue research on a transplant. Also theres only 1 decent clinic in UK IMO, that is Fargo in Manchester but don't rule out travelling to the US or Canada, thats where some of the top notch HT doctors are based.

Edited by Lastchance

cheers guys. I just have seen my doctor from hospital group Uk and i been told to get on meds asap and wait at least year to what is gonna happen to my hair. He strongly recommend minoxidil with progesterone. i won,t give a try the FIN-too scared of side effects. i have done some research and mixodil seems fine but i can't find any website where i could buy the minoxidil with progesterone. Do you know any source of this med? thanks a lot

• 1 year later...
Martin

Go on meds for a year or more, and if your hairloss seems to have stabilized, then you may be a candidate for a HT. If you want to restore your hairline and get some density to the scalp and crown you're looking at 4k-5k grafts though.

Great advice here!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I've never heard of Minoxidil with Progesterone. Progesterone is a female post-menopausal hormone. I've never heard of it being used for hairloss.

A word of warning though, if you search this site you will find many dissatisfied clients of the Hospital Group. You are lucky they didn't try to push surgery on you right away. Other than Dr. Farjo, don't bother with anyone in the UK. There are just too many bad results.

If I were you I would get in touch with Spex on here. He represents Dr. Feller and Dr. Lindsey and they are among the best in the world.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

... Based on your pics and the amount of hair it seems you have lost in just 1 year, I personally believe you might be headed for more thinning on the top. You have a NW3 pattern if I am not mistaken and you have miniturization on the top of your head. If you want to slow/stop/regrow your hair (loss), you should get on FInasteride IMMEDIATELY. For MOST GUYS, Finasteride slows down or stops hair loss - major regrowth is rare but it is a possibility.

Martin84

You do have miniaturization over a big area. You may have recession in a Norwood 3 pattern but you have thinning in a Norwood 6 pattern. As you are just 26, we unfortunately can't promise that it will stop at Norwood 6.

Using both Finasteride and Minoxidil together is the best treatment but if you are going to use one or the other, Finasteride is usually much more effective than Minoxidil alone.

There is a warped perspective about Finasteride on the internet. Ultimately you get to choose what you take or don't but please first discuss the real risks and benefits with your doctor so that you can make an informed decision.

Best wishes

Cam Simmons MD ABHRS

Seager Medical Group,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...
Hi guys, I have just started my research about HT and hair replecement. I have attached few pics of how my bolding process is moving forward. I never used any meds. in addition,i just turned 26 and i been noticed my hairs felling out since i was 22. what kind of treatment would you recomennd? any decent surgeon in scotland or in entire uk is worth the consideration? thanks for help Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

I would echo the comments on here already. Get on Propecia and Regaine Foam as soon as possible (Boots are reasonably priced to get you started and you can use their online facility if you dont fancy a trip to the GP).

I'd give that a year. You need to know whether these drugs work before you get a HT otherwise you may end up needing 3 or 4 operations as additional hair is lost behind the transplanted hairs.

No Uk clinics are recommended apart from Farjo. However, there are a few great ones in Belgium.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day