HT Advice (With pictures)

Hello!, this is my first post on this forum

I'm a 23old guy from sweden that has sufferd hairloss from the age of 19, especially in the temples area.. Bouth my fader and my uncel has gone throug HT with good results.

I have had thoughts on taking up the fight against hair loss using medical options like finasterid and minoxidil but i dont want to be stuck on things with potenial side effects for the rest of my life, my understanding is that if you quit your treatment the hairloss will increase drastically..

So i'm thinking of doing a HT at HTC in Cyprus under Dr Michael..i have seen great results and i have had contact with them for a while, They want to use 2000 grafts using the STRIP method,,I'm fully aware that i will continue loosing hair and that i neeed to have in consideration that i might need more than one HT or eventually start treating it with medication..

bild3xa.jpg

bild2ql.jpg

bild1j.jpg

bildis.jpg

Is there anyone here in there 20s that have gone through with a HT?.Do you think it's a good idee?, any suggestions

Hey man, I personally don't think you have hair loss yet. Your hair line seems to be in shape. Consult with a dermatologist - there are only 2 types of meds to combat hair loss and the earlier you start, the better your chances.

In my opinion, you need to have been losing your hair for quite a few years before you think about an HT. It is virtually impossible to determine your future pattern, even if you look around your family and do miniaturization tests and stick to meds - there are no guarantees.

You still have a head of hair that most in here, including myself, would do anything to get. Once you have been losing your hair for some time, have been on meds, especially Finasteride for quite some time and once your pattern of loss can be determined to a certain degree, an HT would be more suitable.

Don't go with the Docs that tell you what you want to hear and also, since you are going to be stuck with your HT for the rest of your life, you might as well go with the best. Do your research - some of the best Docs are in North America and prices can vary.

Goodluck.

You are not a HT candidate, not for FUE or Strip. You should call this clinic and ask him exactly how much hair you are going to lose and if he could share his method of hairloss forecasting with the rest of us. No Way...any type of HT work on you should be criminal mate.

I hope you reconsider.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Gatsu,

You're a young guy with lot of hair. If you are experiencing any hair loss, it's obviously very minimal.

Like aw33 and B Spot already said, you are not a candidate for a hair transplant. From your pictures, I couldn't even begin to imagine where HDC or any surgeon would put 2000 grafts, unless it's to lower and densely pack your hairline, which is extremely dangerous at your young age considering the great risks of future hair loss.

If you're experiencing any hair loss at all, consider proven non-surgical hair loss treatments like Propecia and Rogaine to help slow down, stop, or even reverse some hair loss. Wait several years, and then re-evaluate your situation.

Best of luck,

Bill Seemiller

Thank you so much for your answers guys!.

obviously i feel like an idiot now. I wont do the HT, i just have to accept the hairloss i have right now and take it to the next lvl when it's time..

I have some questions about the medications.

i know that Propecia makes the body produce less DHT.

I train alot, i'm 202pounds of soild muscel, i wrestle and i'm lifting alot of wieghts, i take pride in being a man. I know what kind of side effect Porpecia can have and it scares me. My question is. is there a bigger risk of getting side effects like Gyno when training like i do, i know that i have alot of testosterone in my body, it's easy for me to gain muscels and my sexdrive is second to none..

My other question is. If i start with Minoxidil and all these things, i'm in it for life right?. Because my understanding is, that if you stop the treatment you'r going to loose your hair drastically.. that means that i need to stick too it , like forever and thats what alsow makes me think twice about this.... Any opinions?

and here is the first mail i recived from HTC..

"Dear Mattias,

Thank you for your enquiry in your effort to explore your Hair Restoration options and photos.

I believe you are a good candidate for a hair transplant, your donor area seems healthy and that you have a good density of hair.

In order to thicken up your hairline and fill the temples to a high density then approximately 1700-2000 grafts are required as we will be using approximately 1500 only for the first one and a halve centimeter, (using approximately 500 single hair follicles) . The number of follicles is a close approximation but the final number depends if you wish to lower your hairline slightly as well. I am pretty confident that at any case we would not exceed the 2000 grafts. I have attached a photo with a similar design of your frontal restoration. I can provide you as well if needed with another patient’s contact details in Stockholm that undergone FUE with us.

The cost for the Strip procedure over a single day is EURO 6,600.00 for 2000 grafts.

If you wish to proceed with the FUE technique the cost for 2000 grafts will be EURO 8,900.00 over two consecutive days from EURO 9,500.00 which is issued on the website.

The above cost includes for procedures booked not performed by 31st May 2010 the following:

Return flight from your closest airport

Airport transfers from Larnaka to our clinic apartment

Accommodation to our luxury apartment opposite the clinic

Blood test

Any specific requirement needed for the apartments fridge or snacks to make your stay more comfortable

Post operation Kit for the care of the implanted hair

Assuring you of the best attention at all times, and I look forward to speaking to you in person in the near future.

Waiting for your reply,"

I personally have been using Propecia for almost 2 years - no side effects and it works. Rogaine Foam I have been using for 3 months now, can't tell if it works but I can tell you that it does not irritate my scalp and it is MUCH better than the liquid version.

As for the HT, just think about how you would feel if you ended up proceeding with it and had your hair line densely packed, only to later discover that you were losing your hair behind the densely packed hair line. It would look awful and you wouldn't be able to shave it off because of the scar.

In the end just remember, at first sign of hair loss (not just what may seem like a maturing hair line) get on Finasteride - it is the best way to combat MPB non-surgically.

I personally have been using Propecia for almost 2 years - no side effects and it works. Rogaine Foam I have been using for 3 months now, can't tell if it works but I can tell you that it does not irritate my scalp and it is MUCH better than the liquid version.

As for the HT, just think about how you would feel if you ended up proceeding with it and had your hair line densely packed, only to later discover that you were losing your hair behind the densely packed hair line. It would look awful and you wouldn't be able to shave it off because of the scar.

In the end just remember, at first sign of hair loss (not just what may seem like a maturing hair line) get on Finasteride - it is the best way to combat MPB non-surgically.

Okey i'm going to give it a shot.. how much finasteride do you take a day?

I take Propecia which is 1mg. You are suppose to take 1mg but Propecia is quite expensive and some people decide to take Proscar which is like a 5mg version of Propecia with the same medical ingredient (Finasteride). Most people cut the 5mg pill into quarters of 1.25mg but some even cut it into fifths, making the original 5mg dose into 1mg.

Just make sure you actually ARE losing your hair - I had a cousin who had a receeding hair line at age 16 but it stayed that way and it turned out as being only a mature hair line. He did not have any more hair loss.

I take Propecia which is 1mg. You are suppose to take 1mg but Propecia is quite expensive and some people decide to take Proscar which is like a 5mg version of Propecia with the same medical ingredient (Finasteride). Most people cut the 5mg pill into quarters of 1.25mg but some even cut it into fifths, making the original 5mg dose into 1mg.

Just make sure you actually ARE losing your hair - I had a cousin who had a receeding hair line at age 16 but it stayed that way and it turned out as being only a mature hair line. He did not have any more hair loss.

Okey. The thing is that i dont know if iam loosing anything right now, i dont think iam. my hair has looked the same for 2-3 years and im not noticing any hairs on my pillow or in the shower, Sure there are some black hairs when im shampooing my hair but nothing much,.

Is it not better to start with the finasteride in time rather than later? even though im not loosing hair at the moment?

Is it not better to start with the finasteride in time rather than later? even though im not loosing hair at the moment?

Again, you want to consult with a physician dude. Go to a dermatologist. Let him diagnose you. He should be able to help you out.

As far as when to start propecia, yes, start it now! (that is, if you are indeed losing hair and your doctor recommends/prescribes it to you) What i would give to go back in time and not be as ignorant as i was ignoring my loss during the end of high school. If i were to have gotten on propecia earlier, i may have halted or slowed down my dramatic loss. I went from being a senior in high school at 18, getting all kinds of tail dude, to age 21 not being able to go anywhere without a hat because of my severe diffuse thinning.( not to mention a nushot to my confidence and self-esteem level) I'm about to turn 24 and having to consider more serious approaches to my loss.

I only tell you this so you can prevent or halt what may come. Taking action now, whether it be just going to the dr. or taking propecia, is a smart move. I wish the best of luck to you.

Okey. The thing is that i dont know if iam loosing anything right now, i dont think iam. my hair has looked the same for 2-3 years and im not noticing any hairs on my pillow or in the shower, Sure there are some black hairs when im shampooing my hair but nothing much,.

See a dermatologist and look around your family for patterns resembling yours. Once you have successfully determined you have Male Pattern Baldness, get on Finasteride.

Hey Gatsu,

Not only do you not need a HT because your hair still looks great, but I personally think it would be a bad idea to do one at this stage of early hair loss. HTs are for guys with NW 3+ hairloss IMO. I know some would disagree and many HT surgeons just want the business, but I don't think chasing a Brad Pitt hairstyle is realistic or practical. I suggest you seek the advice of a HT surgeon recommended by this site in 5-10 years if/when your hair loss progresses.

With regards to working out on Propecia/Rogaine, there's no concern. I train & teach Thai Boxing and my workouts are insanely brutal and intense. We do all kinds of plyometrics, running and weight-lifting. I've never noticed or heard of any issue with HT medication related to working out.

Later,