Advanced Hair Studio, London

dave72

Recently ripped off by these scumbags. Tips.......

• Read the contract as all the clauses will re inforce all your concerns.
  • They pray on customers being in a bad place.
  • When you complain they avoid, baffle, demean, and are not fair.
  • Will threaten to take further money from credit car (not in contract, but they will do if i continue to complain).
  • Take pride that im not in their heads and can sleep at night.
  • Accept you are you, and forget these losers.:eek:

Please advise if you have any similar stories on AHS.

I am not a competitor, so feel free to contact me on here and i give my email address.

Edited by dave72

Advanced Hair Studio takes all client complaints very seriously, if you are unhappy with the service or treatment that you have received at an Advanced Hair Studio, you can contact the Client Relations Department - Mrs Maeve Duhy - 02920 641 290 or e-mail (maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com).

AHS Client Relations

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

Recently ripped off by these scumbags. Tips.......

• Read the contract as all the clauses will re inforce all your concerns.

• They pray on customers being in a bad place.

• When you complain they avoid, baffle, demean, and are not fair.

• Will threaten to take further money from credit car (not in contract, but they will do if i continue to complain).

• Take pride that im not in their heads and can sleep at night.

• Accept you are you, and forget these losers.:eek:

Please advise if you have any similar stories on AHS.

I am not a competitor, so feel free to contact me on here and i give my email address.

Dont be fooled by DAVE72 "He is a competitor and he's just trying to obtain e-mail addresses to push his company or the one he is working for."

how about just pay back the money to all the unhappy people?

SPASKY - "Advanced Hair Studio will - If a legitimate complaint and they contact us"

I make no bones about being a competitior of AHS but i regret the use of the english language that is being used by disgruntled clients . You say that they misrepresent the truth in some way , please explain that . Dont get me wrong i am not in agreement with their sales methods but thats their business and i urge all clients to make sure you know what you are doing when you order any hair from any company .

The key is to investigate any complany that you plan to do business with . You mention glue and slapping a rug on your head . What nonsense !!! . Its a medical grade adhesive and the rug is a custom made real hair piece that if fitted properly will make you look years younger . Please dont try to degrade any compnay by using bad english as it just sounds uneducated . If you got a badly fittted system or badly matched colour say it !!

In realtion to AHS im not qualified to speak on their behalf and can only go by my own experience . I have been dealing with people for over 5 years and 95% of people are very happy with what they get and the service but there will always be the client that will not be happy due to our neglect or them overestimating results . There is also the client that will never be happy no matter what we do for them .

When you go for a consilatation , read beteen the lines , ask questions , dont sit there like a dummy and believe everything . Remember your dealing with business and companys and that includes mine too. I expect to be asked questions and lots of them during a consultation . Ask straight questions , ie : is it a hairpiece !!!!

Finally the bottom line for all companies , you really dont hear the good stories on forums but you will hear the bad stories and no business is perfect . Also as in the client that spoke of us recently in a posting , the information he posted was all false and exagerated and i was happy to correct the information and have my lawyer deal with him for the wild accusations .

Cheers

Niall

Cheers

Niall

so that means 5% very unhappy yeah? Let us know when you hit 100% Most of this site is people raving about thier HT results, sure people do show bad results aswell but, the majority on here are happy. Spex went through this greif with AHS and he has every right to be annoyed and say "glue and slapping a rug on your head", because he was ripped off by AHS and isnt happy with thier lying tactics. Good hairpieces normally only cost around $200, anything more and they had better be something very special.

Edited by Sparky

One word, Scammers!!! I went to them 10 years ago (when I was just 20 years old and had only starting to lose my hair). Their salesman….I mean ‘consultant’ first tried to sell me a hair piece, which I flatly refused! He then proceeded to sell me this ‘brand new’ treatment where they attach clusters of hairs to existing hairs (in the thinning areas) to give a denser look. The cost was ?3,000, he really sold it to me and said there was a 14 day cooling off period if I changed my mind. So me being an idiot paid a ?1,500 deposit on my credit card.

On the way home on the train, I realised I’d been had, come on if you attach more hairs to an already weak hair, what the outcome??? Yep it’s gonna fall out even sooner that it would have. So as soon as I reached home I called to ask for a refund, I was told only the manager could authorise this and he ‘out of the office’ and they would get him to call me back once he got in. A day passed and no phone call came, so I called again and again the same story……..in fact I called and heard the same story over 36 times over a 6 day period. In the end they said there would be an admin charge of ?70, at which point I just said ok, refund the rest, which they did.

Lol……….yeah I should go after it, 70 quid + 10 years of interest added :)

To be honest at the time, I felt so drained after having to call them 6 times per day for 6 days on the trot, only to hear the same old crap about the manager ‘being out of the office’, that in the end when they said there would be a ?70 ‘admin’ fee deducted, I was just happy to be getting a refund and said ok.

It took me 36 attempts to get my money back (well the majority of it), imagine how many other people may have given up calling after say 5,10,15 or 20 calls? And who probably never got a penny back :mad:

For anyone who has been ripped off by them and been conned out of thousands, they should get together with others in the same boat and stand outside their office giving out leaflets/fact-sheets to any unsuspecting new customers going in.

• 2 weeks later...

read my case on gravs forum, ahs are the worst company ive ever had anything to do with , im going to persist calling them till i get answers, please contact me anyone who has had any sucess fighting these scammers

• 4 weeks later...

I have just posted on a similar thread but again can't believe the grief that some of you are suffering with hair systems. When I was looking into solutions to my hair loss I came across AHS and can say now that I am so glad I did not decide to meet with them. Your stories sound awful and i would probably have been put off for life. Instead I went with a compnay called Uber Hair Solutions based in the UK and have had a completely hassle free experience. The initial consultation was easy and Craig seemed to really know what he was talking about and how I was feeling about losing my hair. There was no pressure to sign or hand over any money at any point and in fact after meeting with him I went away to do more research for a couple of months and zero contact from him. When I eventually got back in touch we discussed a few more things and then he arranged for me to meet with one of his current clients to see for myself what I would be buying into. I can't thank that gentleman enough as I am not sure I would have been that brave myself to a complete stranger. Since then (for over 2 years now) I have been wearing a hair system and have had no problems at all. The system is great, Craig cuts in the system perfectly and I can go back for maintenance cuts when I want to. Currently a system lasts me around 3 months and costs me ?650 a time so around ?2000 per year. I can't recommend Craig and his team enough so if you suffering elsewhere give him a buzz and I am sure he can help. If you google uberhairsolutions you should be able to find them. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

To be honest I don't agree with evolve on a lot of things.

By saying that we as customer are to blame since we don't ask the right questions or don't read between the lines is just appauling. I see some of his points but generally I think it is important to always question everything wherever we go in public however blaming the customer for the hope in the human race is a bit wrong. It rather is a confession of failure to provide decent customer service. Obviously I understand that some peole are never satisfied, however the explanation was just wrong in my eyes.

I don't think that I'm an easy customer as I am very perfectionistic. But I went to two places which helped me. One was a small toupee place in Germany (Berger Toupets). I have to go to Germany for work now and then and thought that I'll give it a try. They were really friendly and very open about the outcome and how my life would be with a toupee. I tried this and realised that I'm not a toupee person as it was uncmfortable and my life suddenly had to fit to the toupee.

But I really liked the idea of having hair and didn't want to go back to having no hair. Therefore I researched more and found (this time in England) Total Cover Plus. I didn't really now what to expect as it sounded all a bit technical. But they were also very friendly and open. They offered me a non surgical hair replacement. (It is really amazing how it becomes one with you and how yous uddenly have hair again). They were really open and nice to me and offered me a trial application to see and feel for myself. So nobody was pushing me to do something I didn't like or to buy something.

I tried it and was amazed. So after all of my experiences I really have to say that I find that there are decent companies out there. 2 out of 2 companies that I tried are great (customerwise) and one is great (productwise).

Generally I think we just have to be lucky to find the right companies. I was lucky finding Total Cover Plus and therefore thought I let you know.

Oh by the way The company Berger was based in Hannover. They don't have a website.

And Total Cover Plus are in the West End in London and their website is Total Cover Plus

All the best

Mark

• 7 months later...

ive had a wig with advanced hair studio too, thats exactly wha it is a wig stuck on your head and they say it wont come of through force or any kind of physical sport including martial arts where grabbing hair is used ! once you paid for it they then rip you of more by having to travel to there place every month and pay to have it reglued and styled as the hair grows the glue out and away from head and melts into the hair at front when hot ! i had this done when was 21 as very bald thn and wa different colour to my hair and embarrising enough i was involved in a fight and my cap was grabbed of my head and my glued wig came with it infront of a lot of people i know and was laughed at, i never turned up there for 2 months and they rang me to ask why and i tol them i hadit ripped of my head and there silence on other side of phione just them laughing at me? stay well clear i say

• 1 month later...

Any client can contact Maeve Duhy - Client Relations Manager on: 02920 641 290: Or E-mail Maeve on: MAEVEDUHY@ADVANCEDHAIRSTUDIO.COM.

Maeve will forward all legitimate complaints onto the head office and try and resolve.

Thanks

To Whom It May Concern:

Advanced Hair Studio has received recently several bad postings on this website.

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

Obviously we recognize the fact that being in a consumer sensitive business like ours, we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic; and so the odd occasion we can & do make a mistake, but Advanced Hair Studio prides itself on tens of thousands of happy clients; many of which are more than grateful for what we've done for them.

Subsequently those web postings that aren't contrived we ask to contact us so we can make amends, we ask that you contact Maeve Duhy our Client Relations Officer, 186 Lansdowne Road, Canton, Cardiff CF5 1JT or Phone: 02920 641 290 Fax: 02920 641 292, or Email:maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com. Mrs Duhy is Advanced Hair Studio's Client Relations Officer in UK and Ireland and is authorized to discuss all complaints and refunds.

If you are a legitimate complainant this would be much more productive than posting possible inflammatory statements on this site?

Yours sincerely,

Advanced Hair Studio

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

MD1,

I can assure you that no publisher, moderator or employee of this website/community is behind any post or poster making statements about AHS. All employees of this community who post on this website or forum are easily identifiable. Furthermore, anyone employed, affiliated with or compensated by any clinic in any form are required to disclose this in their forum signature as per our terms of service.

Understand that our members are welcome and encouraged to share their genuine opinions and experiences as it relates to hair loss and hair restoration on this forum, good or bad. Do know however, that this community does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy of any message posted. That's why it states in our terms of service:

"Considering the real-time nature of our web sites, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this community or any entity associated with or sponsoring this community."

As to posts you are concerned about, I applaud you for responding on this forum in an attempt to satisfy any legitimate consumers' concerns. As to your claims that a competitor and/or ex employee may be behind some of these posts, if you have and can provide sufficient evidence to prove this, though we are not legally required to do so, in the interest of fairness, we are willing to investigate this and take appropriate action as necessary.

In the meantime, as always, you are welcome to continue to post replies to any posts you are concerned about in accordance with our terms of service. We find that the most effective way to counter negative posts is to join in the debate.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 months later...