why don't u use chatroom on this website?

rp1979

Have to check with Pat. I tried it before too as I think it'd be kind of fun once in awhile.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Excellent question.

Well, out of sight out of mind. Frankly I didn't even realize that this feature was enabled. Perhaps we should promote its use?

Can I have a show of hands?

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I have no idea what it takes to have/maintain. If it's no big deal one way or another, why not try it and see how successful it is?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Well, I think if we are trying to "man" this with someone to offer immediate advice, it will be difficult to do consistently.

The forums are the most solid form of communication right now.

Of course, I am up for anything, but I would hate to start something and then have to abandon it.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Pat,

Do you know of when this site is seeing the most activity? I always believed that it is Sunday night? Possibly we start to use it one night per week at the busiest time and see if it works. "Advertise" its use on this site for a limited timeframe (possibly one entire month)and see if it takes off. Let everyone know that it is just a trial and gage how effective and popular it is.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I like the idea of a chat room, but I'm not sure we are big enough to have it stay active...as the others have said. As much as I'm here (and my clones), even I wouldn't be able to man it ALL the time icon_wink.gif.

But it's a good idea...perhaps we can open the chat rooms certain times to discuss certain topics and post messages ahead of time about when it's open to discuss what topics, etc. I don't know...just a suggestion icon_wink.gif

Bill and Clones!

One idea I would be for would be IRC. Download a free IRC client and idle in a channel. It's free, it's fast, and it can be kept open on a computer quite unobtrusively unlike, say, a web browser...

Of course, if it came down to it I could definitely keep the browser open. I would just be AFK most of the time, checking it every hour or two and replying when I can icon_wink.gif

I don't know, I like time to think about what I have to say. I can edit out my stupid thoughts before I post them! icon_confused.gif

Chatting....not for me pesrsonally. icon_smile.gif

I think chat might be fun. Imagine if we could get a doc to come in for a Q&A chat session! Well, why don't we try it out?

I PROPOSE WE ALL TRY AND MEET THIS <span class="ev_code_RED">SUNDAY EVENING, MARCH 18, 9 PM EST, FOR OUR FIRST SCHEDULED HTN CHAT! SUBJECT: HAIR TRANSPLANTS AND PHOTOGRAPHY</span>

Pat, is it possible to email all members a chat announcement?

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600