Dr Fisher's pricing

I was researching HT doctors and had an interesting response from Dr. Fisher's office in Nashville. When discussing price, I assumed his office would quote the total price based on a "per graft" basis. Instead, they told me their pricing is based on the total number of grafts + a facility fee. For example, the cost of a 1500 graft procedure was $8500 + a $750 facility fee. The total cost for a 1500 graft procedure was $9250, or almost $6.25 per graft.

Based on reading some previous messages, I was thinking the cost should be around $4-$5 per graft. My gut feeling is that Dr. Fisher is a little high. Any thoughts?

I was researching HT doctors and had an interesting response from Dr. Fisher's office in Nashville. When discussing price, I assumed his office would quote the total price based on a "per graft" basis. Instead, they told me their pricing is based on the total number of grafts + a facility fee. For example, the cost of a 1500 graft procedure was $8500 + a $750 facility fee. The total cost for a 1500 graft procedure was $9250, or almost $6.25 per graft.

Based on reading some previous messages, I was thinking the cost should be around $4-$5 per graft. My gut feeling is that Dr. Fisher is a little high. Any thoughts?

It Sounds high to me. For that price you should be able to fly anywhere in the country and pick whatever surgeon you want. Even after paying airfare and hotel you still might come ahead. I think I paid around 6k for 1600 grafts.

phoneguy,

I did a search and it appears that Dr. Fisher does good work and is ethical; here is a quote from Pat, the publisher of the community, that I found dating to last Feb.:

"I visited Dr. Fisher's clinic this summer when I was visiting hair transplant clinics east of the Mississippi. Unfortunately the day I was there he did not have a hair transplant case.

But we had a lengthy discussion and I viewed many of his patient photos. He also showed me how he makes his own tiny custom blades.

My impression is that he is ethical and conscientious about quality. His credentials and level of experience are also impressive. However, I do not believe he has the capability of doing real large sessions of densely packed grafts.

But from my research I'm confident that he is the best in Tennessee and that he does solid follicular unit grafting with good esthetic judgment."

However that pricing seems awfully high; 4-5$ per graft is the norm; also, the price per graft drops to around 2.50/graft after 2000 grafts for a lot of docs. I would continue researching; do not let travel determine where you go; the doc I went to paid for my hotel stay; some I think will even help with airfare;

phoneguy,

You have received some excellent advice from our forum members.

I agree with Pat (posted by Dhoose75 below) that Dr. Fisher seems to perform solid follicular unit hair transplantation and may be the best in Tennessee, though lacks the capability to perform larger dense packed sessions. I also agree that his prices are higher than the average.

If you do not object to traveling, I'd recommend consulting with our nearest Coalition physicians who have the capability to perform larger densely packed sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting when appropriate for the patient.

The nearest Coaltion physicians to Tennessee are:

Dr. Griffin of Georgia

Dr. Cooley of North Carolina

Dr. Konior of Illinois

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

Another thing to consider about Fisher's prices, in my view, is his credentials. I'm not defending or recommending him, but he is on the faculty at one of the more prestigious universities (Vanderbilt)in the U.S. and is a board certified plastic surgeon. Plus, as I have found out personally, those degrees from Emory (in Atlanta) are very expensive..... icon_eek.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 3 weeks later...

Dr. Fisher did a 2000 unit transplant on me(my first) on 2/25/08 and I am well pleased with the process, the staff and most of all, with Dr Fisher. He placed each FU personally and completed the process in about 4 hrs. I agree that his office manager's quoted price was higher than other physicians I consulted with, but, after speaking with him directly about a plan specific to me, I wanted him to do this procedure. This is not a procedure you cut corners on but I could not afford his initial price so I called his office and made a counter offer, they called back and accepted my proposal, contingent on me having the procedure done within the next 60 days. I did and I am happy thus far.