Before and after three procedures totaling 5405 grafts by Dr. William Rassman of the New Hair Institute

This patient had very noticeable plugs done earlier in his life and he was unhappy with the way they looked. Being a Norwood 5A, he also had very thin hair all over his head as you can see from the top-down photos we took. After three procedures totaling 5405 grafts, we were able to not only hide the plugs that he had, but we were also able to achieve a very full looking head of hair from nearly any viewing angle. We have to apologize for not having an "after" photo for the right side of the patients scalp, but I hope the other photos make up for the missing one.

tcb_b01_lg.jpgtcb_a01_lg.jpg

tcb_b02_lg.jpgtcb_a02_lg.jpg

tcb_b03_lg.jpg

tcb_b04_lg.jpgtcb_a04_lg.jpg

In these two post-op photos, you can see the plugs more clearly. By transplanting individual grafts around the plugs, we were able to completely camouflage them successfully.

tcb_b05_lg.jpg

tcb_b06_lg.jpg

Whenever I see old plugs like this it really hits me hard. I'm sure it's because I also had plugs, albeit a bit smaller than these and I was lucky to hold on to enough hair to cover them for a long time.

The fact that doctors did this to other people and knew it would look like hell, ruin the patient's life and then they just kept doing it over and over to people for years turns my stomach. It literally makes me feel ill to look at these before photos. How hard it must have been to spend years with plugs just sticking up out of your head and be the first thing people see and judge you by.

I sure hope this man has found some peace. Nice job Dr. Rassman.

'The fact that doctors did this to other people and knew it would look like hell, ruin the patient's life and then they just kept doing it over and over to people for years'

Nothings changed, many HT Dr's are still greedy scumbags with no regard for their victims well being, they're still ripping people off and disfiguring them albeit to a lesser extent.

Originally posted by Slaps:

Nothings changed, many HT Dr's are still greedy scumbags with no regard for their victims well being, they're still ripping people off and disfiguring them albeit to a lesser extent.

I agree with you to an extent slaps, except the difference today is that there are at least a small percentage of clinics doing what IMO is excellent work. But yes the HT world is still ripe with greedy hacks.

What I don't understand is why it took so long for the superior techniques of today to arrive ? It's not rocket science by a long shot!

When you think about the fact that it took someone like Dr. Hasson to invent the custom blade cutting device just a decade ago to make the tiny graft-sized incisions, it makes one wonder just how pathetic of a scam this whole industry has been since its' inception.

Stereoscopic microscopes have been around for many years, and could easily have been used during the plug graft days. It's not like the industry had to wait for science and technology to advance in this regard. I just don't get why these surgeons weren't doing more refined grafts from the start back in the 60s ? The whole Unger punch graft method was a Frankenstein butchery approach from the very start! Dolls hair in symmetrical rows that look like corn ? How frickin stupid could somebody be to ever think this would be a cosmetic improvement for anyone ? They HAD to know they were disfiguring people for life when they were doing this!!! Imagine plastic surgeons who do nose jobs just taking a machete and hacking off somebody's nose and you pretty much have the same mentality here. Don't think surgeon's like that would have been able to stay in business long, but for some crazy reason in the HT industry they were able to THRIVE for years !! WTF ???

And furthermore, how in the hell did they market these procedures unless outright blatant trickery and deception was employed ? ANYBODY who knew the truth I'm sure would have run like hell and gladly left their deposit behind!

It's almost like anybody with a nursing degree can call themselves a HT surgeon and just start hacking up human labrats to get practice and develop their skills. It makes me think of what the Nazis were doing in the concentration camps, but the only difference is that the HT industry victims actually PAID to be mangled and butchered like this. What a disgrace !!!

Jesus Christ brothers, I dunno what else to say! In 1993 I remember I had a $500 deposit with NuHart in PA, and I was 23 years old and had my surgery scheduled. I had only mild recession and was a NW2 thinking I could just chase my hairloss and conceal it as if nothing had ever happened. I remember their VERY DECEPTIVE video that I watched over and over again and was in a hypnotic trance; yet the video explained NOTHING about the procedure! The only thing that saved me from being a repair patient today (and having all of my 20s and 30s RUINED) was getting aggressive with the consultant on the phone and asking if a girl got up close and ran her fingers through my hair would it look unnatural. It was like pulling teeth, but he finally admitted it would be easily spottable.

YIKES, dodged a bullet for sure !!! That law school training in college really paid off big time for me in this case. TRUST NOBODY -- that was the motto!

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! I am absolutely shocked at this patient's first surgery results!! I haven't ever seen results as bad as these and I must say that I am soooo glad these techniques are outdated today.

It is definitely saddening to know that many cases like this could have been avoided by earlier use of our current techniques, but since we cant go back and change things in the past, let us instead honor these doctors who now have the ability to retransform past failed surgeries and create new standards for our surgeries today. Congratulations Dr. Rassman, it looks like you have had another great outcome on a seemly fargone case. This patient must be in absolute awe after seeing his end results.

Robin

I am employed by Dr. Parsa Mohebi at US Hair Restoration.

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Originally posted by labrat69:

It makes me think of what the Nazis were doing in the concentration camps, but the only difference is that the HT industry victims actually PAID to be mangled and butchered like this. What a disgrace !!!

Labrat69,

I understand that you are giving an example on bad hair transplant surgeons, but I just don't think what you said falls in the same category. A butchered head is not the same as 20 million lost lives.

Please don't take offense to this but the comment makes me sick to my stomach.

What I don't understand is why it took so long for the superior techniques of today to arrive ? It's not rocket science by a long shot!

And how many years has the technology existed to get our country off its dependency on oil? Imagine how many lives and environmental harm could have been avoided.

No one ever wants to be the market leader because there are too many risks with new technology, guessing it if wil be viabile and praying there's a big enough market for it.

It's much easier to be a follower and just copy a proven method. Sad but true.

It makes me think of what the Nazis were doing in the concentration camps, but the only difference is that the HT industry victims actually PAID to be mangled and butchered like this. What a disgrace !!!

Labrat69,

I understand that you are giving an example on bad hair transplant surgeons, but I just don't think what you said falls in the same category. A butchered head is not the same as 20 million lost lives.

Please don't take offense to this but the comment makes me sick to my stomach.

Labrat69, Im sure you meant no offense by your comment but Im sure you can see how that could offend someone. There is really no comparison there.

• 2 weeks later...

A butchered head is not the same as 20 million lost lives.

20m lost lives are 20m individual tragedies, 1 butchered head is 1 individual tragedy. Many guys have committed suicide over botched HTs. Does'nt make it 20 million times less tragic.

• 1 month later...