NEW TO HT-Southern California

Burf08

Hi,

I'm 30 yrs old thinking of getting a HT done by end of this year. I have been wearing a hair system for few years and finally decided to get rid of it. (even though it served me well for the years) I have lurked on this site for a while and read everything about HT and opinions presented here.

I am in So. Cal and will be meeting Dr. Reed next week. I also met Dr. Siporin who said I was a good candidate for 2500 grafts and will be charged $10,000 + $55Rx. I know price shouldn't be a factor, but still wondering if it was on the lines of what I should be paying. He wanted me to be on Propecia, but I found it a little strange that I was asked to pay another $75 to get that prescription from him.

Ideally, I would like to stay local within the So. Cal area for follow ups or other post-op procedures. Lot of people here have recommended H&W in Vancouver, so I am still debating whether I want to travel for a consultation and then for the procedure. I would prefer to meet the doc in person before I got the procedure done and not too comfortable with an online consultation. (thus, the need to stay local)

Would appreciate any advice or suggestions as I embark on this long HT journey. icon_smile.gif Thanks!!

Burf08,

If you are choosing between Dr. Reed and Dr. Siporin, you are deciding between two excellent doctors. Both physicians have a number of satisfied patients and there is plenty of their work presented on this forum. Using the "find" feature will bring you to photo examples and patient reviews.

Hasson and Wong does great work too of course. You will ultimately have to decide if you want to travel or stay local. Given the number of quality doctors in your area, I see no reason that you have to travel unless you want to.

Best wishes,

Bill

Burf--- if you are wearing a hair system, I wonder what 2500 grafts is going to accomplish.

I know you are uncomfortable with virtual consults, but I would send some pics to H&W just to see what they say.

Also, just because someone tells you, "This is what this will cost you" don't be afraid to ask for 500 more grafts, or tell them you want 3500 grafts for 10K and you will take a cancellation/short notice appt.

Remember you are in a solid bargaining position and if you have 3 docs compare and contrast to get the best deal.

Good Luck,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Yeah and after that make sure you book your surgery with H@W.

That clinic blows the doors off the other two,

Not that they arent any good ,its just they will more then likely set you up for a 2nd surgery.

H@W and other top docs will try hard to make you content with one .

10 large for 2500 isnt a deal at all.

Good luck with your search

Burf08; Having a hair transplant is a big decision. I recommend to everybody if you are able to travel first for a consutlation do it. I assist Italian patients for translation for H&W and some of them actually fly down to Vancouver first for a consultation and then later come for surgery. I do not know much about the other two doctor but consult with as many doctors as possible to feel comfortable about your decision.

In my opinion travelling should only be a small part of your decision. Good luck!!!!!!!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson