9 Months Results w/Dr. Paul Shapiro

This patient stopped by last week for us to take a look at his progress. He transformed himself almost unrecognizable. His new jet black hair is a drastic change. We informed him the contrast from skin to hair will make for a more see through look but he appreciated the density he's achieved so far and wanted to take advantage of it.

I realize the before photos are with slightly wet hair combed back. He uses styling gel for the messy look in his everyday style. We combed the hair back for few pics to show the hairline but we didn't want to inconvenience the patient too much by asking him to wash the gel out and take pics with wet hair. We appreciate the effort he made in letting us see his results. We also appreciate that he's letting us show his results with his face in full view. We hope he'll be back in few months at the one year mark.

Here's his graft and hair count:

1's ??“ 949

2's ??“ 1275

3's ??“ 385

4's ??“ 22

Total: 2631grafts = 4742 hairs

Wow! This patients pre hairloss pattern is almost identical to mine. Perhaps he is slightly more recessed (will be my hairline in another few years).

But to know what I can expect this result is mind blowing amazing!

I still have to send in my papers to Dr. Shapiro, but my transplant will probably be later in the year now.

What density is this patient?

Why did he choose strip? I was leaning towards fue. Any donor photos?

Thanks Janna!

looks amazing this guys transformation is incredible!!

he looks sooo different great job Dr Paul!!

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Amazing result, really.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Great results Janna and I can see what you mean by "didn't even recognize him"! His darker, longer hair does a great job of showing off what can be done with a good HT and that one is not confined to what some believe to be "fixed" hairstyles (ie. combed back or very conservative).

Thank you also to the patient for making the time to return to the clinic and allowing follow-up photos to be taken. This is so beneficial to many prospective patients and it's worth saying an extra 'thank you' to patients for this.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Thanks guys.

This patient chose strip because he's was confident he'd end up with a minimal size linear scar. The work is also easier to hide after surgery than the shaved head he'd have to endure with an fue procedure.

The patient is currently 27 years of age. The donor supply is very good.....probably around 5-6000.

M&M, we'll be sure to thank him again. What do you think of the new site? Hope you're doing well.